4 posts in this topic

Hello ,

I am in the process of getting my parents immigrated to u.s. Their I-130 is approved and currently the application is with NVC and they are asking $800 for IV processing.

question 1 : do i have to pay a total of $800 or is there a way i can pay $400 for the primary applicant and have the other applicant "tag" along for free?

question 2 : my parents already have a valid visit (b1/b2) visa to the u.s. if they travel to the u.s on that visa can i apply i-485 adjustment of status when they get here ? their visit visa will grant them 6 month entry but if i apply for AOS they can stay indefinitely correct? also i will avoid paying the $800 NVC currently requires correct?

thanks for the assistance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello ,

I am in the process of getting my parents immigrated to u.s. Their I-130 is approved and currently the application is with NVC and they are asking $800 for IV processing.

question 1 : do i have to pay a total of $800 or is there a way i can pay $400 for the primary applicant and have the other applicant "tag" along for free?

question 2 : my parents already have a valid visit (b1/b2) visa to the u.s. if they travel to the u.s on that visa can i apply i-485 adjustment of status when they get here ? their visit visa will grant them 6 month entry but if i apply for AOS they can stay indefinitely correct? also i will avoid paying the $800 NVC currently requires correct?

first of all it's kinda late for that. they are separate petitions, so you have to pay for each of them.

in second place, it's more expensive. the i485 is $1010 times 2, plus medical, one adjustment packet for each of them, plus their i130 is at the NVC, not at the local office. continue the consular processing is my opinion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello ,

You have to pay $400 each because that is the fee for their visa application. You filed for two parents, two visa applications, therefore two separate fees. The NVC will not process their case until the fees are paid.

As the previous member said, filing for AOS is more expensive since it's $1,010 each to file, plus they will also need to get a medical exam each. Besides, you already filed for their immigrant visas and their petitions were already approved, so having them fly here to file for AOS does not make sense at all.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

thanks for your reply!

i guess i am confused about the process. since the i-130 is already approved and assuming the embassy gives the visa.. do they automatically become permanent residents when they come to the u.s ? would i need to file i-485 for them at all ?

thanks so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.