Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Other Country: China

I am filing for a k3 visa for my husband. I filed i130 and I got receipt for it. Do I also need to file i129? And if yes when do I file it?

There is no need to file an I-129F for a spouse. The I-130 puts you on an immigrant spouse visa path. See the CR1/IR1 guide. K3 is virtually obsolete. You'll notice it's the most discussed topic in this K3 forum. Read up.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am filing for a k3 visa for my husband. I filed i130 and I got receipt for it. Do I also need to file i129? And if yes when do I file it?

Nope, no I129, the procedures changed this year. Find the forum with people on your same time frame(April or May filers) and start getting your papers ready for the NVC. The CR1 spousal visa will save you $1,000 and take about the same amount of time as the K3, maybe a few weeks longer. You can look at the immigration timelines stats and compare the NOA1 times to NOA2 and interview dates for the K3 and CR1 and see for yourself. Also, with the CR1, the beneficiary can start working MUCH faster than with a K3. We changed to a CR1 from K3 after finding this website, even though we did both 129 and 130.

Good luck!

USCIS (122 days)

09-25-09 : NOA1 I-130

10-05-09 : NOA1 I-129

01-25-10 : NOA2 I-130/I129 Text & email

NVC (62 days)

01-29-10 : NVC case number assigned via AVR

04-01-10 : SIGN IN FAILED WAHOoooo!!!

05-27-10 : Interview....visa Approved!!!

06-02-10 : Picked up Visa at Embassy

06-04-10 : POE NYC...no delays or problems.

Removing Conditions

3/30/12 I-751 filed and sent to USCIS CA Service Center

4/3/12 NOA1

5/30/12 Biometrics completed Santa Rosa, CA early walk-in without problem

10/11/12 Green Card approved

10/17/12 Green Card received

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...