cherish_berries

Affortable/safe hotel in Malate

29 posts in this topic

Hi,

My husband will come over for my interview , Can I ask you guys of suggestions of a good affordable hotel or condo within Malate? We haven't stayed in any of the hotels here so I would like to ask your comments on different hotels you have stayed near the vicinity.Especially hotels that are walking distance from Robinson's Place

Thanks

We were approved

Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back.

Hi,

My husband will come over for my interview , Can I ask you guys of suggestions of a good affordable hotel or condo within Malate? We haven't stayed in any of the hotels here so I would like to ask your comments on different hotels you have stayed near the vicinity.Especially hotels that are walking distance from Robinson's Place

Thanks

try this http://www.citygardenhotels.com/lotus/main.html

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

If you want a nice place with reasonable rate that is 4 blocks from Robinsons I would recommend Casa Bocobo Hotel. We have stayed there several times. If you book early you will get a discount. The staff there is excellent.

My link

Don't reserve with the online link. Call them at 63 2 526 3783 and you will get a better rate.

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Do they have mini refs inside, cause for me it saves alot to buy water/juices in the gorcery and just stock them in the refrigerator. I'm just looking for the standard room or the next level to standard.

We were approved

City State Tower Hotel

#1315 A. Mabini Street

Ermita, Manila

phone: 2-400-7351

About $30-35. Free breakfast. My wife loved their bulalo. Just a few blocks to Robinson's Mall.

At Casa Bocobo, we always stayed in the mini suite. It is more expensive but it has a mini-fridge, a safe and free breakfast buffet.

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks

Try Hotel Soriente. Affordable, clean, safe with large and nice rooms with big closets, hot and cold shower, a/c, TV. Room rate is only P1,499 good for two person. You may request for a refrigerator in your room for just an additional P100.00 a day. There are convenience stores and loading station beside Hotel Soriente. It is walking distance to Robinson's and USEM (Soriente is actually at the center of these two and a few steps from St. Luke's). There are hotels nearer USEM but they are more expensive. One of them is Bayview, just across USEM.

Hotel Soriente is in Flores corner Bocobo Sts. Tel Nos: +632-525-7304 / +632-523-9480.

Next door of Hotel Soriente is Paragon Hotel. Rates are a little higher than Soriente but with free breakfast good for two. I have not personally seen their rooms and have not tried staying there but an acquaintance told me it is nice there too. Tel Nos. +632-526-5541 to 47.

CherryBlossoms is literally just a few steps away from Robinson's. But I have not personally seen their rooms and have not experienced staying there too, so I cannot say anything more. I passed by CherryBlossoms everytime I go to Robinson's.

Timeline

January 15, 2010 ---- Sent I-129F to USCIS

January 19, 2010 ---- I-129F received by USCIS

January 20, 2010 ---- Check cashed

January 20, 2010 ---- NOA1

January 26, 2010 ---- Received NOA1 hard copy

February 26, 2010 ---- NOA2

March 1, 2010 ---- Received email from USCIS about the NOA2

March 6, 2010 ---- Received NOA2 hard copy

March 11, 2010 ---- Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 6, 2010 in the mail

April 6, 2010 ---- Received USEM letter (hard copy) dated March 18, 2010 in the mail

April 12 & 13, 2010 --- Medical (passed physical exams and given immunizations too)

April 13, 2010 (AM) --- Attended CFO (given the certificate. Will get the Sticker when visa on hand)

April 14, 2010 --- Psyche Evaluation (I was told to call 2-3 days after for the results)

April 19, 2010 --- Called St. Luke's for the results (I passed the evaluation. No more tests)

April 22, 2010 --- Went back to Manila to get my medical results from SLEC (took almost 6 hours just waiting for the release!)

April 26, 2010 (7:00 A.M.)---- Interview Schedule (I got not pink nor blue slip, but a Reverification Form for NSO to send directly to USEM my CENOMAR and Annotated Marriage Certificate, although I have submitted and given these to the Consul during the interview, so why? I don't know! And told me that as soon as NSO forwarded the requested documents, visa will be delivered. Oh well...)

April 27, 2010 ---- Went home

April 28, 2010 ---- Ordered online the documents USEM requested

Wow so many choices :dance: but will check them all online thanks.Thanks VJ friends . It's always the BEST to HEAR from the people that stayed from the hotel itself than just rely on different hotel websites.

Edited by cherish_berries

We were approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you want to save money, the Blackstump Hotel (+63(2)5238167) has rooms for approx. P1300/night, it's at the corner of Padre Faura & Del Pilar, just a couple blocks from USEM and a few blocks from Robinson's. I stayed there last summer and was quite happy. It's not the Hilton, but the rooms have A/C, fridge, and there's a nice indoor/outdoor rooftop lounge with decent food. The rooms in front have a good street view, or if you want peace & quiet then request one of the back rooms.

Another good place is 1775 Adriatico Suites (www.adriaticosuites.com), an apartelle in Malate near Remedios Circle. I have stayed there as well, it's really nice, the rooms are suites and have A/C, fridge, cooking utensils, etc. It's a little farther from USEM (5 min taxi ride, P7 jeepney, or get some exercise and walk along the waterfront), and it's at a better location for restaurants and entertainment. I paid $495 for 15 days (about $33/night), much less expensive for a hotel of comparable quality.

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

If you want to save money, the Blackstump Hotel (+63(2)5238167) has rooms for approx. P1300/night, it's at the corner of Padre Faura & Del Pilar, just a couple blocks from USEM and a few blocks from Robinson's. I stayed there last summer and was quite happy. It's not the Hilton, but the rooms have A/C, fridge, and there's a nice indoor/outdoor rooftop lounge with decent food. The rooms in front have a good street view, or if you want peace & quiet then request one of the back rooms.

Another good place is 1775 Adriatico Suites (www.adriaticosuites.com), an apartelle in Malate near Remedios Circle. I have stayed there as well, it's really nice, the rooms are suites and have A/C, fridge, cooking utensils, etc. It's a little farther from USEM (5 min taxi ride, P7 jeepney, or get some exercise and walk along the waterfront), and it's at a better location for restaurants and entertainment. I paid $495 for 15 days (about $33/night), much less expensive for a hotel of comparable quality.

Thanks Johnny and AKteacher. It's always nice to hear from the "real people" who stayed in those places and not just going to websites with customer reviews.Photos in websites are sometimes misleading.

Congrats to Johnny and gudluck to us AKteacher.

We were approved

Wow adraiaticosuites seems very nice !!!

We were approved

We stayed at Pearl Garden...about a block and a half from Robinson's. It is pretty much right across from Pan Pacific. We stayed at Lotus Garden and it was ok, but the time we stayed there it got really loud in the hallway about 3-4am.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.