Callie

Oath ceremony is coming next week!

8 posts in this topic

Dear friends,

Finally I got to say goodbye to USCIS once and for all!

I received my oath ceremony letter yesterday and the event is on next Wednesday!

I'm sort of new here, yet ever since my journey started back to 2006, me and my Huby came here whenever we have problems, it's such a nice place and now I'd like to share with you my timeline and experience! It's quite a smooth journey and by the way, I did not take another biometrics before my N-400 Interview, so for those who may have the same situation as me, just relax and it may save you a big trip! However, they still charge you even you are not required to take it...

The interview process is super easy, just similar to what the others have posted here. Questions I can still remember:

1. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence.

2. what is the political party of the president right now

3. what are the two political party in the U.S.

4. Name 3 original states

5. Name one state boarders Mexico

6. can't recall...

Okay, hope my experience helps and wish all of you good luck!

My timeline:

Nov.2006: came to U.S on K1

Dec.2006: getting married

Jan.2007: apply for adjustment

Feb-March/2007: biometrics & Interview

April.2007: received 2-yr PR Card

Jan.2009: apply for 10-yr Green Card

Feb.2009: Biometrics

April.2009: 10-yr PR Card mailed to me

Jan.2010: apply for N-400 based on 3-yr requirement

Feb-Mar.2010: received NOA & Interview Appointment Letter

April/2010: Interview passed

Received Oath Letter

May.5,2010: Oath Ceremony

Dear friends,

Finally I got to say goodbye to USCIS once and for all!

I received my oath ceremony letter yesterday and the event is on next Wednesday!

I'm sort of new here, yet ever since my journey started back to 2006, me and my Huby came here whenever we have problems, it's such a nice place and now I'd like to share with you my timeline and experience! It's quite a smooth journey and by the way, I did not take another biometrics before my N-400 Interview, so for those who may have the same situation as me, just relax and it may save you a big trip! However, they still charge you even you are not required to take it...

The interview process is super easy, just similar to what the others have posted here. Questions I can still remember:

1. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence.

2. what is the political party of the president right now

3. what are the two political party in the U.S.

4. Name 3 original states

5. Name one state boarders Mexico

6. can't recall...

Okay, hope my experience helps and wish all of you good luck!

My timeline:

Nov.2006: came to U.S on K1

Dec.2006: getting married

Jan.2007: apply for adjustment

Feb-March/2007: biometrics & Interview

April.2007: received 2-yr PR Card

Jan.2009: apply for 10-yr Green Card

Feb.2009: Biometrics

April.2009: 10-yr PR Card mailed to me

Jan.2010: apply for N-400 based on 3-yr requirement

Feb-Mar.2010: received NOA & Interview Appointment Letter

April/2010: Interview passed

Received Oath Letter

May.5,2010: Oath Ceremony

Thanks for sharing your timeline and some details about your journey.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Congrats and thanks for sharing. :thumbs:

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!!

My boys passed their tests on March 30th and we are still waiting for the letter that tells us when the Oath Ceremony is...we were told at the interview that it would be 2-4 weeks, as of tomorrow, it will be 5.....anyway, each case is individual and I guess we are just some of the few that this process is taking more time with. We applied in October, interview in March and now......still waiting!

Anyway, congratulations once again!! Enjoy the next chapter of your lives!

Cheers!

Cindy

Thank you for sharing and Congratulations! :thumbs:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congrats! Glad everything seems to have gone smoothly for you. :thumbs:

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Congratulations!!

My boys passed their tests on March 30th and we are still waiting for the letter that tells us when the Oath Ceremony is...we were told at the interview that it would be 2-4 weeks, as of tomorrow, it will be 5.....anyway, each case is individual and I guess we are just some of the few that this process is taking more time with. We applied in October, interview in March and now......still waiting!

Anyway, congratulations once again!! Enjoy the next chapter of your lives!

Cheers!

Cindy

Hi Cindy, yeah I guess waiting time mostly depends on the process time of the Office you applied with, and waiting seems longer when you count on days. My interview is on 4/6 and the lady told me I'd get my letter around 5/4, and the letter did arrive on 5/5. Another reason that may cause the delay is they kind of intentionally do this, because on my letter it says there'll be around 1,300 ppl attending the ceremony, so the office in your area may wait until a specific number is reached to send you the letter. So.. relax.. it's coming soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Cindy, yeah I guess waiting time mostly depends on the process time of the Office you applied with, and waiting seems longer when you count on days. My interview is on 4/6 and the lady told me I'd get my letter around 5/4, and the letter did arrive on 5/5. Another reason that may cause the delay is they kind of intentionally do this, because on my letter it says there'll be around 1,300 ppl attending the ceremony, so the office in your area may wait until a specific number is reached to send you the letter. So.. relax.. it's coming soon!

Hi Callie, I ended up calling the courthouse where the ceremonies take place (I'm impatient! LOL) to find out when the next one is scheduled...July 16th! So I am assuming that's when it will be...in the meantime I'm going on vacation! LOL

Cheers!

Cindy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.