yankepeach

Another one of those

4 posts in this topic

Okay...After all the research I have done...the preparation....you would think I would know how I am to be notified of a NOA1. I don't. Ahhhhh anybody have the patience to explain to me how I will be notified? Or how I find out.

You can stand me at the gates of hell, but I wont back down.
AOS Filed 02/01 however used wrong forms
refiled 2/22
NOA 3/1
BIO 3/18
Transfer 3/14
Touched 3/18
AP Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
EAD Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
GREEN CARD APPROVED WITH NO
INTERVIEW AND NO HAVING
TO TRANSCRIBE HIS SHOT RECORDS! 4/18!(WASN'T NOTIFIED TILL 4/19)

Applied for lifting of conditions 02/27/2013
NOA1 March 4
BIO April 2

RFE received 07/25

Returned RFE recieved 08/19

NOW WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH

APPROVED 9/9/2013

It comes in the mail. It's on thick fancy paper that looks like a certificate or something. Here's a picture.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=1

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

After the USCIS receives your petition they will send you a NOA1 in the mail. The NOA1 means nothing other than that your petition has been received.

The NOA1 will have a case number assigned and you can go to the USCIS website and enter the number to check the status of your case. However, its also kind of pointless since typically the next activity you would see would be the NOA2 which would be the notice that the petition has been approved (or and RFE if something is lacking).

Once you receive NOA2, then the USCIS will send the petition to the NVC where they run background checks, then the NVC will forward it to the consulate.

After the consulate receives it they will send a packet to your finacee with instructions on how to apply for the visa and what documents and things are required next.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Okay how many of y'all stood by the mail box day after day till it arrived?!!! lmao! They only received it yesterday so I know I have a bit to wait......but if you can imagine ...my arms are crossed and my foot tapping impatiently! And yes I do realize that this is a hurry up and wait game. Still am so antsy. I have never filled out so many forms with corroborating evidence in my life. Feel as if I have applied to win the lottery. Funny thing is ....at the end of this hurry up and wait trial by fire....I will have won the lottery as far as I am concerned.

THANKS FOR THE INFO AND THE PIC>>>>>KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR NOW

You can stand me at the gates of hell, but I wont back down.
AOS Filed 02/01 however used wrong forms
refiled 2/22
NOA 3/1
BIO 3/18
Transfer 3/14
Touched 3/18
AP Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
EAD Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
GREEN CARD APPROVED WITH NO
INTERVIEW AND NO HAVING
TO TRANSCRIBE HIS SHOT RECORDS! 4/18!(WASN'T NOTIFIED TILL 4/19)

Applied for lifting of conditions 02/27/2013
NOA1 March 4
BIO April 2

RFE received 07/25

Returned RFE recieved 08/19

NOW WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH

APPROVED 9/9/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.