Loveissweet

Affidavit I-134 for K-1: Will paystubs work instead of “letter of deposits” from the bank?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello everybody!

My fiancée is preparing the Affidavit I-134 for my K-1 interview. It says in the official instructions for I-134 to enclose a “letter of deposits” from your bank as supporting evidence. We have a trouble getting this “letter of deposits” from the bank. Can we just enclose a letter from the bank where it states WHEN he opened the account and the current account and provide paystubs INSTEAD of this “letter of deposits”? Thanks to all for your answers in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everybody!

My fiancée is preparing the Affidavit I-134 for my K-1 interview. It says in the official instructions for I-134 to enclose a “letter of deposits” from your bank as supporting evidence. We have a trouble getting this “letter of deposits” from the bank. Can we just enclose a letter from the bank where it states WHEN he opened the account and the current account and provide paystubs INSTEAD of this “letter of deposits”? Thanks to all for your answers in advance!

The main concern for the embassy staff regarding you I-134 is INCOME, ie. will your future spouse be able to support you financially. If your fiancee makes 125% more than the US poverty level (approx 23-24Kor so) then those bank statements are really not necessary. I make more than 23K and simply sent 3 years IRS transcripts/W-2's, several recent pay stubs, copy of my last banking statements and employment letter from my boss. Had no problems.

Timeline

The main concern for the embassy staff regarding you I-134 is INCOME, ie. will your future spouse be able to support you financially. If your fiancee makes 125% more than the US poverty level (approx 23-24Kor so) then those bank statements are really not necessary. I make more than 23K and simply sent 3 years IRS transcripts/W-2's, several recent pay stubs, copy of my last banking statements and employment letter from my boss. Had no problems.

Thank you so much!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Gary is right. Most banks do not provide a letter with deposits for a year etc...This is common and the Embassy/Consulates know this.

Pay Stubs, Tax Transcripts or tax forms with schedules and W-2's and a letter of employment and your good to go. I think it is good to give them this fundamental information and more that they ask meaning 6 months of pay stubs, not 3 or 4 pay stubs, 3 years tax returns or tax transcripts, not just last years and the letter of employment.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Gary is right. Most banks do not provide a letter with deposits for a year etc...This is common and the Embassy/Consulates know this.

Pay Stubs, Tax Transcripts or tax forms with schedules and W-2's and a letter of employment and your good to go. I think it is good to give them this fundamental information and more that they ask meaning 6 months of pay stubs, not 3 or 4 pay stubs, 3 years tax returns or tax transcripts, not just last years and the letter of employment.

Thanks a lot for your help! If we enclose tax transcripts from IRS, do we need to enclose W-2's as well?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks a lot for your help! If we enclose tax transcripts from IRS, do we need to enclose W-2's as well?

No, with Tax Transcripts you do NOT need W-2s. They are very convenient and accepted by all the Embassies/Consulates. Go a little over and provide three years if you can.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

No, with Tax Transcripts you do NOT need W-2s. They are very convenient and accepted by all the Embassies/Consulates. Go a little over and provide three years if you can.

I got it now! Thanks bunches! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.