mark111

Next Step help Please

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi , i recieved the approved petition letter nearly 2 weeks ago and i am in the middle of collecting the required documents , divorce decree , vaccination records, ect , i have a few questions i wonder if you can answer , is there a time limit from when you recieve the approved letter till you have to gather your forms and documents and make your medical and visa appointment as i am at 2 weeks nearly from recieving it

and , as i understand it you have to have the medical first before the interview , is it possible to do them both on the same day or mabey medical 1 day and visa the next as i live 500 miles away and dont fancy doing that journey twice on a bus if i dont have to , if it is possible what would you schedule first , the visa interview then try to get the medical scheduled the day before , or the other way around . thank for any advice

ps . the letter in case you are wondering what i am talking about

both links are not working that they sent me in the letter , i dont know why .

We are pleased to inform you that we have recieved an approved petition in support

of your fiance or K3 visa application . You now need to complete appropiate forms and collect required

documents . A detailed explanation of the process is found at

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv_15.html

Once you notified us that you all your documents , we will

schedule an appointment for your visa interview

All fiance and K3 applicants , regardless of age , are required to

undergo a medical examination with the embassy approved physician . More information onhow to

arrange for a medical can be fopund at

http://london.embassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/medexam.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

hi , i recieved the approved petition letter nearly 2 weeks ago and i am in the middle of collecting the required documents , divorce decree , vaccination records, ect , i have a few questions i wonder if you can answer , is there a time limit from when you recieve the approved letter till you have to gather your forms and documents and make your medical and visa appointment as i am at 2 weeks nearly from recieving it

and , as i understand it you have to have the medical first before the interview , is it possible to do them both on the same day or mabey medical 1 day and visa the next as i live 500 miles away and dont fancy doing that journey twice on a bus if i dont have to , if it is possible what would you schedule first , the visa interview then try to get the medical scheduled the day before , or the other way around . thank for any advice

ps . the letter in case you are wondering what i am talking about

both links are not working that they sent me in the letter , i dont know why .

We are pleased to inform you that we have recieved an approved petition in support

of your fiance or K3 visa application . You now need to complete appropiate forms and collect required

documents . A detailed explanation of the process is found at

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv_15.html

Once you notified us that you all your documents , we will

schedule an appointment for your visa interview

All fiance and K3 applicants , regardless of age , are required to

undergo a medical examination with the embassy approved physician . More information onhow to

arrange for a medical can be fopund at

http://london.embassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/medexam.html

Hi,

You will get a lot more information in the UK forum.If you just went to the regional forums,there you will see all the answers to your questions.Well most!!

And I think as far as London goes,they do want your medical to be scheduled first and with a few days gap between the medical and interview.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Anwesha

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Filed: Timeline

hi!

my husband file me a K-1 Visa last 2008 of November and it takes time to complete all the papers we both need to support the petition. 1st the USCIS send us a letter that they got all our papers and the petition is on it's way and they start processing it. it takes 6 months before we heard good news from them and receive a letter telling me instruction to do like going for medical at saint lukes and the date of my interview at immigration manila city. my medical at saint lukes takes 2 days. the result will be given the next day after all the blood exams and physical exams they did to me. it's been a long day waiting so u need to be there early. if u cant pass the medical exams they will hold your papers and they wont approve your papers. it just happen if u really have a serious thing about your health, if u past the medical exam saint lukes will get your passport and forward it to the immigration for your interview. before u will go for interview u need to get all your papers together that will support the petition, a prove that you are single from NSO and some pictures of you and your petitioner that will show your real relationship to them or any form of proof. after interview your consultant will ask u questions very easy about u and the petitioner so it is very possible for u to pass it. and they will tell u right then if u pass or not. and they tell me i pass. and they tell me to wait like 1 week cuz they will send me a package containing my passport and visa on it.

i flew to USA last may 2009 and got married after 3 months.

hi!

my husband file me a K-1 Visa last 2008 of November and it takes time to complete all the papers we both need to support the petition. 1st the USCIS send us a letter that they got all our papers and the petition is on it's way and they start processing it. it takes 6 months before we heard good news from them and receive a letter telling me instruction to do like going for medical at saint lukes and the date of my interview at immigration manila city. my medical at saint lukes takes 2 days. the result will be given the next day after all the blood exams and physical exams they did to me. it's been a long day waiting so u need to be there early. if u cant pass the medical exams they will hold your papers and they wont approve your papers. it just happen if u really have a serious thing about your health, if u past the medical exam saint lukes will get your passport and forward it to the immigration for your interview. before u will go for interview u need to get all your papers together that will support the petition, a prove that you are single from NSO and some pictures of you and your petitioner that will show your real relationship to them or any form of proof. after interview your consultant will ask u questions very easy about u and the petitioner so it is very possible for u to pass it. and they will tell u right then if u pass or not. and they tell me i pass. and they tell me to wait like 1 week cuz they will send me a package containing my passport and visa on it.

Hopefully you meant to say you got married "within" and not "after" 3 months!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline

My Fiance had a somewhat broken link in his letter too. Here is what it said:

1. Biographical Forms DS-156 and DS-157 should be filled out in English and electronically only: http://evisaforms.state.gov, supplement DS-156K by hand, 2 copies of each form. Form DS-230 (part 1 only) one copy should be filled out by hand. Do not sign the supplement and the application form! If your child is immigrating with you, DS-156,DS-157 and DS-230 for the child must be filled out too. Child does not need the supplement.

The link sent him to a page which only had a link for the DS-156, and not the DS-157. mad.gif

I did a search on the DOS website to find the correct links for DS-157, DS156-K and DS-230. Here is that link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

He is now not so happily filling forms!star_smile.gif

Good Luck!

Timeline -
01-20-10 filed I-129 F
05-25-10 Interview - APPROVED
06-18-10 POE - ATL

08-07-10 Married!
08-09-10 AOS/EAD mailed
08-11-10 AOS/EAD received
08-19-10 NOA1 for AOS & EAD
09-14-10 AOS Transfered to CSC
09-24-10 Contacted USCIS to request Biometrics Appt.
10-18-10 Biometrics appointment
10-21-10 EAD card in production
10-21-10 AOS approved!
10-30-10 Green card received

08-09-12 filed I-751
09-07-12 Biometrics appointment

04-01-13 ROC approved

05-25-13 Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.