Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Can Fiance apply for Tourist Visa while K-1 is yet to be reviewed?

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I filed a Petition for Alien Fiance (K-1) for my fiance back in mid-Febuary. She lives in Mexico and she has yet to visit the U.S. I want her to come to the U.S. soon just to visit on a Tourist Visa (B-1) but will this jeapordize the K-1 Fiance Visa process??? She received the following language (translated from Spanish from the U.S. Embassy and this worries me... Please tell me if I am reading this correctly, but it sounds like this could be a risk trying to get a K-1 and a tourist visa for her at the same time? Could anyone tell me if my scenario is lawful? I just want her to visit here before the K-1 Visa is complete (who knows how long that could be!) Thanks.

"K. - I am a citizen (a) of the United States and wish to marry a (a) mexicana (o). What is the fastest way for him / her in the U.S.?

R. - If you are committed (a) to marry, the fastest way to make your bride (or) between the United States is through a petition for fiancee (o) (Form I-129F) and visa K which can occur in any of the four CIS Service Centers in the United States. If you have already contracted the marriage, the I-130 can be filed in any of the four CIS Service Centers in the U.S. It is very important for your future (or) spouse try to enter a B-1/B-2 visa (tourist or business) if you intend to reside permanently in the United States. Trying to do so may result in the / your spouse is rejected (or) when you try to enter the country and is returned (or) on the next available flight."

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I visited whilst my K1 was under way. Many do.

No harm in applying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The information you copied and pasted in here is out of date. The four USCIS service centers have been consolidated into the two for quite a while.

You can apply for the B-2 tourist visa while you have applied for the K-1 visa. It will not impact or hurt the K-1 process. Whether the B-2 Visa is granted or even worse the visa is granted but will she be allowed entry at the POE in the USA is not a good idea to bet on.

There are many questions and very long threads about this question. One is up to 12 pages now. I am including the link to the current thread discussing your question in great detail. PLEASE at least read the first short posting.



Naturalization N-400

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.