selinaxx89

i864 household size co sponsor who do i count?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

im hoping someone can clarify all this for me i keep on reading uscis website n the form and once i think i understand it all i get confused.

my husband is from mexico and i am his sponsor. our household size is 3 hubby, me and our baby. i do not make enough for all 3 of us so i need my DAD to be our joint sponsor who DOES NOT live in my house.

i know i need to do a seperate 1864 for ME and DAD. what confuses me is who do i count for the household? do i count hubby me n baby, AND for my dad count his spouse and his 3 kids/dependants? if so it would be my family of 3 and my dads family of 5.

i also get confused where ive read that my "dad" would have to make enough for his family of 5 PLUS enough for my family of 3? is this true.

thanks in advance my heads going in circlesssss

Filed: Timeline

for you, it will have to be a family of three. you,your husband and the baby. Your dad will have to do a separate AOS....

im hoping someone can clarify all this for me i keep on reading uscis website n the form and once i think i understand it all i get confused.

my husband is from mexico and i am his sponsor. our household size is 3 hubby, me and our baby. i do not make enough for all 3 of us so i need my DAD to be our joint sponsor who DOES NOT live in my house.

i know i need to do a seperate 1864 for ME and DAD. what confuses me is who do i count for the household? do i count hubby me n baby, AND for my dad count his spouse and his 3 kids/dependants? if so it would be my family of 3 and my dads family of 5.

i also get confused where ive read that my "dad" would have to make enough for his family of 5 PLUS enough for my family of 3? is this true.

thanks in advance my heads going in circlesssss

• You (the US Citizen Spouse) needs/counts, yourself, your child and your spouse (the foreign benificiary) using your own I-864 and any needed supporting documents.
  • Your Father (the Co Sponsor) needs/counts, himself, your husband (the foreign beneficiary) and members of his household (however many that is, but it's not you, nor your child). He needs his own I-864 and any necessary supporting documents plus some sort of proof of being either a US citizen or LPR.

If that helps. :star:

Like others have said.

You count yourself, your baby and your husband. Your household size is 3. You will have to complete an I864 regardless of income because you are the sponsor. If you don't make enough, then a cosponsor is required ie your dad. He doesn't count as a household member if he doesn't live with you. But he also completes a separate I 864 and identifies himself as the cosponsor. Download the I 864 form and read it , you'll see the section/s to be checked off etc.

He would complete an I 864A if he was in the same household but he's not. That form is required (I864) but you and your dad will need all the supporting documentation as the prior posting wrote ie tax transcripts, W2s , letters from employment etc.

Edited by zenaxe

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Remember, the USC petitioner will file a I-864 regardless of income. If your joint sponsor lives in the same household as the petitioner, then they will use I-864A. If they live in a separate residence, then they will fill in another I-864.

For your joint sponsor you will need proof of their citizenship/residency. For household member, you will need proof of relationship and same household/residence.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.