JoeInNaples

New member here has a question about K1

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello to everyone that is out there and also have a quick question. On the K1 Visa does the petitioner and the fiancee have to write out a two page letter describing on how we met and why we want to be together? Is this mandatory? We are going to include pictures taken together, my passport stamp, phone bills, and credit card receipts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi Joe...

I assume you're asking about proof of having met within the last 2 years on your I-129F petition?

Just a brief statement that will fit within the space allotted on the I-129F is sufficient. USCIS really doesn't care how you met, only that you in fact did meet.

Ex: I met Jane Doe in April 2010 while vacationing on the moon.

Proof of having met is passport stamps, boarding passes and photos of the two of you together.

Best of luck on your vuisa journey.

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello to everyone that is out there and also have a quick question. On the K1 Visa does the petitioner and the fiancee have to write out a two page letter describing on how we met and why we want to be together? Is this mandatory? We are going to include pictures taken together, my passport stamp, phone bills, and credit card receipts.

I think you're getting confused with the requirements vs. what some people have actually submitted.

You have to provide an answer in the box for question 18 on the I-129F. You don't need to write a love story unless you think it will help at the consulate stage. A brief description of how you fulfilled the requirement that you have physically met is all that's needed. For example, "I flew to xxx on xx/xx/20xx, and spent xx days with my fiancee."

Any evidence you provide will fall into two categories; evidence that proves you've fulfilled the requirement of having met within the last two years, and evidence of your relationship with your fiancee. Only the former is required by USCIS. You can choose to include the latter if you think it will help you at the consulate stage. The evidence you've listed appears to be in the former category, with the exception of the phone bills. Those would be proof of your relationship.

You do need to provide two original statements, one from you and one from your fiance, affirming your intention to marry. See the guides for an example of the "letter of intent".

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.