Sounders Fan

Time allowed to return Package 3

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

How much time is allowed to return the DS 2100 and DS 230 forms to the consulate after having received them?

We are going through the US consulate in Bogota Colombia.

Thank you!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-12-02

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

There is no specified time. Basically you can return them when you are ready.

There is an expiration date on the NOA2 that notified you your petition was approved. The expiration date is four months from the date of approval. This date is routinely and automatically extended by a Consular Officer if the date passes and you need more time. It is describe on the DOS web site under K-1 visas that a CO can extend this time period.

It is a good practice to email or contact your specific Embassy or Consulate and give them your case number and inform them you need an extension of time. This way they will know your petition is still active.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Timeline

There is no specified time. Basically you can return them when you are ready.

There is an expiration date on the NOA2 that notified you your petition was approved. The expiration date is four months from the date of approval. This date is routinely and automatically extended by a Consular Officer if the date passes and you need more time. It is describe on the DOS web site under K-1 visas that a CO can extend this time period.

It is a good practice to email or contact your specific Embassy or Consulate and give them your case number and inform them you need an extension of time. This way they will know your petition is still active.

I WOULD SAY EVERY CONSULATE IS DIFFERENT, I THINK SOME DON'T EVEN ASK YOU TO RETURN FORMS BACK UNTIL THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW YOU TAKE EVERYTHING WITH YOU. I THINK IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE CONSULATE..I WOULD CONTACT THEM.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I WOULD SAY EVERY CONSULATE IS DIFFERENT, I THINK SOME DON'T EVEN ASK YOU TO RETURN FORMS BACK UNTIL THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW YOU TAKE EVERYTHING WITH YOU. I THINK IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE CONSULATE..I WOULD CONTACT THEM.

This is a little confusing the way it is worded. If you already have an interview date, then you have at least contacted the Embassy and told them you have all the forms completed and available or at least returned the checklist.

It seems highly likely from the question that nothing has been returned yet because if the interview was scheduled, they wouldn't need to ask the question. They have forms, they need to be filled out even if it is only the DS-2001 and scheduling a medical and getting a police certificate. So all the information I posted about the deadlines holds. There isn't a deadline as long as you are reasonable, don't keep pushing it out and contact the Embassy if you will go over the Expiration date on the NOA2.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.