Casper&Diana

NVC Processing Time

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So, on April 12th I received my NOA 2, I-129f approval from the California Service Center. Since then, two weeks and two days later, I have received no additional official word from either the CSC or the NVC. I have made countless calls to the NVC working my way up to the Director of Telephone Inquiries (whatever that is) and though the Director is very sympathetic she says no one knows where my application is.

So, my question, how long should it take for the CSC to send the application to the NVC and the NVC to log it in? Is two weeks and two days outside the norm? The Director said as of last Friday the NVC was processing applications recived April 20, a date that should be well after mine was received.

I'm just going nuts here. Tomorrow I will go back to the CSC and make them swear they sent the application on the 12th like they said they did before I go back to the NVC and tell them it must be there! Any thoughts? Thanks, Casper

Timeline

I am not sure where the post is here on site but you can track the DHL shippment from NVC to embassy. I am not sure if you are speaking of from USCIS to NVC? I would not be sure of that side of things. Good Luck

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I am not sure where the post is here on site but you can track the DHL shippment from NVC to embassy. I am not sure if you are speaking of from USCIS to NVC? I would not be sure of that side of things. Good Luck

David

I think the OP is asking about his approved I-129F package which should have been sent from CSC to the NVC.

I think they should have atleast sent it out to NVC by now,and if it has gotten into AP in the NVC stage then it could justify taking time reaching the embassy.

But you might want to check out the October CSC or VSC thread,there was a vj member whose approved application got lost!! They were so careless so as to actually lose their package.

I hope truly it is not the case with you,but do keep pressing them for more information.I wish you hear some encouraging news soon.

Anwesha

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

There is a time when Congressional inquiry might help, but I don't think you are there yet. You no doubt have a file with everything in it up 'till the last USCIS notice. You might call your Rep. and ask how long is it lost before being officially lost. Congress has liasons at USCIS and I believe NVC too. Just brainstorming though, but they might want you to wait a few weeks more before they jump in.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Not sure if NVC is all that responsive to telephone calls, but assuming USCIS has sent the file, it could already be in Kiev. By the time we received the notice it had been processed by NVC, it was already in the embassy.

You might have your fiancee call the embassy to see if her file has arrived. :thumbs:

Timeline

David

Thanks, David. I was asking about time from the USCIS (CSC) to the NVC.

Timeline

I think the OP is asking about his approved I-129F package which should have been sent from CSC to the NVC.

I think they should have atleast sent it out to NVC by now,and if it has gotten into AP in the NVC stage then it could justify taking time reaching the embassy.

But you might want to check out the October CSC or VSC thread,there was a vj member whose approved application got lost!! They were so careless so as to actually lose their package.

I hope truly it is not the case with you,but do keep pressing them for more information.I wish you hear some encouraging news soon.

Anwesha

Thanks Anwesha. I'll check out the October forum. I can't believe they would lose it... but maybe!

There is a time when Congressional inquiry might help, but I don't think you are there yet. You no doubt have a file with everything in it up 'till the last USCIS notice. You might call your Rep. and ask how long is it lost before being officially lost. Congress has liasons at USCIS and I believe NVC too. Just brainstorming though, but they might want you to wait a few weeks more before they jump in.

Thanks Brad, my favorite Senator's aide has been out of town all this week. I'll send her an e-mail tonight and hope she jumps on it on Monday. It seems my last best shot!

Timeline

Not sure if NVC is all that responsive to telephone calls, but assuming USCIS has sent the file, it could already be in Kiev. By the time we received the notice it had been processed by NVC, it was already in the embassy.

You might have your fiancee call the embassy to see if her file has arrived. :thumbs:

Thanks 1HG. My understanding is that the apps. must all go through the NVC before going to an embassy. The NVC is saying they have not received the app. from the CSC.

So, on April 12th I received my NOA 2, I-129f approval from the California Service Center. Since then, two weeks and two days later, I have received no additional official word from either the CSC or the NVC. I have made countless calls to the NVC working my way up to the Director of Telephone Inquiries (whatever that is) and though the Director is very sympathetic she says no one knows where my application is.

So, my question, how long should it take for the CSC to send the application to the NVC and the NVC to log it in? Is two weeks and two days outside the norm? The Director said as of last Friday the NVC was processing applications recived April 20, a date that should be well after mine was received.

I'm just going nuts here. Tomorrow I will go back to the CSC and make them swear they sent the application on the 12th like they said they did before I go back to the NVC and tell them it must be there! Any thoughts? Thanks, Casper

Does your Hardcopy of NOA2 , says that your

1> " case is forwarded to listed consulate" ?

OR

2> "does it say that your approved case is transferred to NVC" ?

Thanks Brad, my favorite Senator's aide has been out of town all this week. I'll send her an e-mail tonight and hope she jumps on it on Monday. It seems my last best shot!

Let us know if the call helps. I have read here before about delays at NVC caused by processing issues, usually meaning the name check is taking awhile or there was a flag somewhere. Also lots of posts about unexplained weeks of delay, but the files usually turn up at some point at the embassy.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.