netguy

IRAQi Police Certificate in Canada..?

8 posts in this topic

I went to this site to check and see how my Fiance can get her IRAQ Police Certificate: http://travel.state....ocity_3683.html

I selected IRAQ from the drop down list, however it says this under POLICE RECORDS.

----------

Police Records

Temporarily unavailable. Certificates of Non-Conviction have previously been available via the Directorate of Criminal Identification Department in Baghdad. This office sustained heavy damage in a bomb attack and thus, it is not currently feasible to obtain a Certificate of Non-Conviction.

----------

What Does this mean and what can she tell the consulate officer montreal about the above message? Is their another place where she can go to get this ?

What Does this mean and what can she tell the consulate officer montreal about the above message? Is their another place where she can go to get this ?

The Embassy/Consulate will be aware of this. As you can see, police certification is not available in every country - if this is the case for one you need, there's nothing you (or they) can do. (Example: For Iran/Persia, they are simply not available at all.)

They won't demand you get something that their own information says is not available.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would have her print out that page and take it with her to the interview just incase they try to pull a fast one on her saying they need it even tho the website says you cant get them because of bomb damage etc.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello,

I am assuming that your fiance is canadian resident or citizen.

In this case she would not need to have more than the canadian police certificate during the interview.

We did this while my finace interview in Jordan, and he is canadian citizen. They did not ask anything about the Iraqi police, they just wanted the canadian police, they also never mention his police certificate while he was in Jordan, because they knew that it is impossible to obtain when you have expired Iraqi pass.

In Iraq you can obtain the police certificate, but then it is still in old fashion, where it will be sent to several district police and then returned to you in about 50 days.

Like everyone said, have a print of the website snapshot, but I doubt you will be asked about it.

// Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

I'm the petitioner from USA with a US Citizen Status. My Fiance is in Canada and she arrived there with her family since last April 2009. They currently only hold a Canada Permenant Resident Card. Are you saying the Canadian Police Certificate is sufficient enough EVEN though she's been gone from IRAQ(since 18yo, 2yrs here) to SYRIA(she was here for 2yrs) and then to CANADA(1yr here)?

I'm informed that to obtain a Canada Citizen you have to be living in Canada for 3yrs total. that would put them in April 2012.

Hello,

I am assuming that your fiance is canadian resident or citizen.

In this case she would not need to have more than the canadian police certificate during the interview.

We did this while my finace interview in Jordan, and he is canadian citizen. They did not ask anything about the Iraqi police, they just wanted the canadian police, they also never mention his police certificate while he was in Jordan, because they knew that it is impossible to obtain when you have expired Iraqi pass.

In Iraq you can obtain the police certificate, but then it is still in old fashion, where it will be sent to several district police and then returned to you in about 50 days.

Like everyone said, have a print of the website snapshot, but I doubt you will be asked about it.

// Batta

Edited by netguy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just get the Canadian one and forget about the Iraqi and Syrian certificate.

I am assuming she came to Canada on a refugee or let's say the united nation efforts for Iraqi refuge in Syrian and Jordan.

Then she already can explain it would be difficult to obtain any certificate.

My friend told me that his fiancé in Iraq took her 50 days to get the police certificate because it needed to be sent to several police districts.. So it is a waste of time.

We had our interview in Amman this month and they did not ask for anything, we only supplied the Canadian certificate because my fiancé has been in Canada for 10 years.

" She's my kind of rain"

Yes they came to Canada as refugee's. A Canadian Citizen(old man) had sponsered them to come to Ottawa. I know the IRAQ one is difficult to obtain, however the Syria one is in process and if it arrives on time we'll take it with and if not then we'll just use the Canadian one and move forward. I hope the Montreal Consulate will accept it.

Just get the Canadian one and forget about the Iraqi and Syrian certificate.

I am assuming she came to Canada on a refugee or let's say the united nation efforts for Iraqi refuge in Syrian and Jordan.

Then she already can explain it would be difficult to obtain any certificate.

My friend told me that his fiancé in Iraq took her 50 days to get the police certificate because it needed to be sent to several police districts.. So it is a waste of time.

We had our interview in Amman this month and they did not ask for anything, we only supplied the Canadian certificate because my fiancé has been in Canada for 10 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.