MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Went to do walk in biometrics today.

So the form asks for race. I tick both white and black (my mother is white, father black). The woman says I can't tick both, so she chose WHITE since I'm so pale rofl.gifrofl.gif Told seh dat nah guh too work, she haffi fine a nex box fi tick....I am now offically of UNKNOWN race!

That question always perplexes my husband he wants to tic pacific islander

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have sat him down and spoke to him and he says he is fine. He did not start school as yet so there is no school kids picking on him. The kids he do go around are all Jamaicans and sounds just like him. I came from Guyana when I ws 13 so I know how it can be too but this is diffrent

Ok sorry I couldn't help more

CR-1 Visa

California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable):

2010-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-30

NVC Received : 2011-04-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-18

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-18

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-04-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-04-22

NVC Left : 2011-04-22

Consulate Received : 2011-04-25

Packet 3 Received : 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-04

Packet 4 Received : 2011-05-05

Interview Date : 2011-06-03

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required): 2011-06-21

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2011-06-22

US Entry : 2011-07-04

Timeline

Here is the letter to the school district superintendent: (yall knew it was coming, lol)

Dear Mr. Ignatuk:

I am writing this email to you regarding my daughter Kayana Guerrant. I have tried to reach Assistant Principal Maiers on two occasion. Once leaving him a voicemail on Thursday, May 20th and again today only to be told he wasn't in the office. I am frustrated. On Friday, May 14th a teacher by name of Mrs. Morriston confiscated my daughter's cell phone. I understand that the regulations are that cell phones are not to be used in school. According to my daughter, (and I'd be more than willing to address this with Mrs. Morriston), she was taking her cell phone from one pocket and putting it into another. Mrs. Morriston confiscated her phone or she was to be suspended for three days. That is fine with me. If my child is wrong she's wrong, but the fact that now the phone is missing when it was supposed to be returned to her and nobody seems to be calling me back and giving me a STRAIGHT answer about the phone is leaving me very frustrated and irate. I don't have the time nor energy to argue about the phone. I have two choices in this matter. 1. Someone needs to return my child's phone to me personally or 2. The school needs to compensate me for a new phone. While the phone is not in use, I still have a bill to pay on it every month. It is not fair to me that the school lost her phone. I am willing to pursue this further if need be.

I am awaiting your response to this email. Thank you for your time.

Mrs. Guerrant-Gardner

Parent of Kayana Guerrant - 9th grader

cc: Mr. Mills

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You too ugh...why folks gotta bring out the "rashida" in us mad.gif I hope your day gets better! Have fun this weekend.rose.gif

Mine is being irked by a 14 year old girl who thinks she's grown enough to put one over on her father. Well, maybe she can; but I'm a little too good at digging up info. to let her do it to him.

I have a benefit to go to tomorrow for a little girl mauled by a dog. A bunch of drunken firemen....always a good time. Sunday, my oldest graduates from high school. 400+ kids...and he's almost smack dab in the middle. Hope I can stay awake. Why does the darn thing have to start at 6 p.m.?

Here is the letter to the school district superintendent: (yall knew it was coming, lol)

Dear Mr. Ignatuk:

I am writing this email to you regarding my daughter Kayana Guerrant. I have tried to reach Assistant Principal Maiers on two occasion. Once leaving him a voicemail on Thursday, May 20th and again today only to be told he wasn't in the office. I am frustrated. On Friday, May 14th a teacher by name of Mrs. Morriston confiscated my daughter's cell phone. I understand that the regulations are that cell phones are not to be used in school. According to my daughter, (and I'd be more than willing to address this with Mrs. Morriston), she was taking her cell phone from one pocket and putting it into another. Mrs. Morriston confiscated her phone or she was to be suspended for three days. That is fine with me. If my child is wrong she's wrong, but the fact that now the phone is missing when it was supposed to be returned to her and nobody seems to be calling me back and giving me a STRAIGHT answer about the phone is leaving me very frustrated and irate. I don't have the time nor energy to argue about the phone. I have two choices in this matter. 1. Someone needs to return my child's phone to me personally or 2. The school needs to compensate me for a new phone. While the phone is not in use, I still have a bill to pay on it every month. It is not fair to me that the school lost her phone. I am willing to pursue this further if need be.

Mrs. Guerrant-Gardner

Sounds very professional and to the point. Kid at my son's school had the same thing happen. I didn't hear if he ever got his phone back or what they did.

I really wish you luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So the form asks for race. I tick both white and black (my mother is white, father black). The woman says I can't tick both, so she chose WHITE since I'm so pale :rofl: :rofl: Told seh dat nah guh too work, she haffi fine a nex box fi tick....I am now offically of UNKNOWN race!

this is NOT funny. But I had to laff :rofl:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline

Dear Mr. Ignatuk:

Mrs. Guerrant-Gardner

:thumbs: Short & Sweet & to the point

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

MsTee, I would remove the man's name and yours from the letter, it would be incredibly easy to find your daughter's school etc...There are some crazy people around....

Hello Everyone, I'm new, could someone please tell me the name of the visa for my mother who is filing for me(her daughter). I do not know the name of the visa if its a k3 or k4

Should be filing an I-130

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

New Visa Fees for US ...Worldwide

THE United States will be increasing visa fees worldwide, including Jamaica, effective Friday June 4.

All persons whose interviews fall on or after that date must pay the new fees. Applicants with interviews scheduled for June 4 and who have already paid according to the old fee schedule must now return to NCB to pay the difference for their applications to be processed.

Under the new fees petition-based visas cost more than non-petition based visas.

New fee scehdule:

Non-petition-based visas:

Visitor (B1/B2) US$140

Crewmember (C1/D) US$140

Student visas (F1 and M1) US$140

Treaty Trader/Investor (E1 or E2) US$390

Petition-based visas:

Temporary skilled workers (H-1B) US$150

Temporary seasonal workers (H-2B) US$150

Intra-company transferees (L1) US$150

Performers (O and P) US$150

Fiancé-based visas (K) US$350

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

thank you :)

No probs girl"! Welcome to the thread!

A which part a yawd yuh deh?

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thank you :)

I also need to know just how far along my process is, my mom told me to send her copies of my passport and birth certificate. She started the process around the last part of December. My mom is very secretive as she does not want us to get too anxious, so I really do not have a clue about this whole process. Are you guys aware of a time line I can look at to judge how far this process has reached. :unsure:

Timeline

New Visa Fees for US ...Worldwide

THE United States will be increasing visa fees worldwide, including Jamaica, effective Friday June 4.

All persons whose interviews fall on or after that date must pay the new fees. Applicants with interviews scheduled for June 4 and who have already paid according to the old fee schedule must now return to NCB to pay the difference for their applications to be processed.

Under the new fees petition-based visas cost more than non-petition based visas.

New fee scehdule:

Non-petition-based visas:

Visitor (B1/B2) US$140

Crewmember (C1/D) US$140

Student visas (F1 and M1) US$140

Treaty Trader/Investor (E1 or E2) US$390

Petition-based visas:

Temporary skilled workers (H-1B) US$150

Temporary seasonal workers (H-2B) US$150

Intra-company transferees (L1) US$150

Performers (O and P) US$150

Fiancé-based visas (K) US$350

We knew this was coming but it does not ease the pain... such an outrageous increase is CRIMINAL!!! t2417.gif

Timeline

So the form asks for race. I tick both white and black (my mother is white, father black). The woman says I can't tick both, so she chose WHITE since I'm so pale :rofl: :rofl: Told seh dat nah guh too work, she haffi fine a nex box fi tick....I am now offically of UNKNOWN race!

I can't stand this question :angry:

Whenever I have to answer this question for my son I mark "other" and write in HUMAN! cho! hand.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.