MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Soooo...what was the last nice thing to happen to you??

Mine was getting my NOA1!

LOL Hubby carrying all of my huge flower pots ( approx 22 and some 50 pounders) inside the house when there was a threat of frost and carrying them all back outside again. He knows I was so afraid of frost he went out in the rain and handled it (L) I love my good good Hubby

Morning Yardies :blush:

DaDa, I agree with you, there is a lot of support on here, but there is also a lot of judgement as with anything posted on the internet... no one really knows what you are going through in detail from reading a post made in an on-line forum.

My honey has been my rock these past months. He is right there in this boat with me, and we're paddling our little hearts out smiley-vault-misc-136.gif

If we did not have the love and open communication we do, there would be no way we could have made it through the past year and a half...

So in my time of need, I turn to him instead of here. He is always a txt away, and he keep his phone with him at all times same as I do.

He still calls me every morning to wake me up, and he still says little romantic things that even my poetic mind could not think of :wub: He is truly my soul mate in every sense of the word and I am so blessed to have found him no matter how hard our journey has been.

One of the best things he did that really made me understand how much he cares was my birthday...

He has been asking me since last year how he can send me flowers, and I have looked into it, but without him having a major credit card I have come up empty handed...

But you know April 21st (My Birthday) I heard a knock on my door and there stood a man holding this:

23622_1343135551755_1632234917_827048_2435886_n.jpg

I was so shocked :blink:

They were so beautiful and they smelled divine! smiley-love008.gif

Apparently he called my friend and had her go through the FTD website to find the perfect roses, order them and he txt her what to say on the card and western unioned her the money to pay her back...

All that trouble just to put a smile on my face, and lawd knows it worked :D

We have been through a lot, and yes it has been hard, but every day we show each other how much this bond means to us. I never believed in love like this before I met that man. He has made me a believer!

And I say, what God has joined together let no man put asunder. Amen.

I have more to share, soon come... work a kill mi...

Hey Japrincess, that truly a gift from the heart Sis, that put a smile on my face!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

omg i think i might cry :crying:

today is my first day back to work and everyone i work with is so lovely! As a result of my return, the boss bought everyone lunch, everyone in my department got flowers as a thank you for all who worked extra while i was away, and each person gave me a mothers day gift....all the gifts have a noahs ark theme (since all the animals on the ark are in twos...and i have twins, get it?)..noahs ark picture frame, book, toys, clothes..

i miss my girls bad bad right now tho...

hubby called and sounds like everything is under control on the home front tho :)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Bajan, if you elect yourself as the choice of agent all mail will come to you. You will recvd the interview letter via email and you can either email it to him or fax it when the time comes for him to get his medical. Let me know if you need more info good luck on the rest of your journey :thumbs:

That is hot!

Thanks I was trying to tell his hard head that.Thanks

CR-1 Visa

California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable):

2010-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-30

NVC Received : 2011-04-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-18

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-18

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-04-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-04-22

NVC Left : 2011-04-22

Consulate Received : 2011-04-25

Packet 3 Received : 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-04

Packet 4 Received : 2011-05-05

Interview Date : 2011-06-03

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required): 2011-06-21

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2011-06-22

US Entry : 2011-07-04

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance: Yay, Philly wasn't ignoring me!! :dance:

:lol:

omg i think i might cry :crying:

today is my first day back to work and everyone i work with is so lovely! As a result of my return, the boss bought everyone lunch, everyone in my department got flowers as a thank you for all who worked extra while i was away, and each person gave me a mothers day gift....all the gifts have a noahs ark theme (since all the animals on the ark are in twos...and i have twins, get it?)..noahs ark picture frame, book, toys, clothes..

Wow... what a different reception we got eh?? that is so nice for you finesse! :star:

Anyway... mi gone fi real this time! :bonk:

Likkle more VJ! (L)

Good Afternoon Yardies...How Things?

Hey Lady C, mi alright how bout yuhself. Is it getting any easier at home wid yuh pickney?

Goodafternoon yardies, hope everyone is having a great day.

On my lunch break just trying to catch up.

The school district in my area cut 770 workers yesterday and already 1 female teacher commited suicide. I work at a preschool and I have to pray that they're not doing cuts in that department. As of now the plan is to cut teachers and have teacher assistant play the role of teachers BUT with the same salary, sickening but lets see what happens...

OMG that is horrible, so sad to hear that!

I am gonna stop complaining bout my job and how wuk a kill mi I need to be thankful! I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Mi sorry. Hopefully soon you and your furniture will be moved in. N/S to Ja is defintely a plus!

JaP- Those roses were gorgeous and how sweet of him to go through all of that.

JaEnglish- I'm a photo freak and have been printing at Walgreens. I'm going to go with your suggesstion of Ritzpix. Thanks!

Nat- Be easy on the kids! Well, I guess every judging group needs a Simon to balance out.

Good afternoon everyone!!

Hey B, I did respond to yuh on FB, sorry Sis I won't be there :no: but we are down to link up wid you and Hubby anytime you are in Philly!

My aunts and uncles pitching in to give me a few dollars for my move. It really means so much to me. If they only knew…..

That's whats up Dada this is the time when family need to come together and help out. Im so happy for you girl! Now I have a reason to come to NC one day cause I have never been :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, something I gotta post... Yall know I am not one of those bible quoting people thats just not me.....Glad for those that are but I keep my faith inside (catholic born and raised). I am a very spiritual person and always try to do whats right bla bla bla..... ANYWAY... what yall prolly don't know is that I am the worst procrastinator of all time! YES, the first step of dealing with the problem is admitting you have one so there...!!

My journey has somewhat been delayed by RGD....but also by me! I am slow to fill out and send in paperwork. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH MY LOVE FOR MY HUSBAND (just wanted to make that clear)...this is just how I am in every part of my life :blush:

Well, we have been waiting for the Birth Certificate and last week Michael got it and fed-x it to me...but I haven't gotten my asset info together. Yes, I did go to the County and got a printout of the value of my house but I still needed to find my yearly mortgage statement showing how much is owed on the property to be able to fill out the AOS. That paperwork is kept in my JUNK drawer and I have been putting off going through it putting EVERYTHING ahead of the dreadful drawer. So today....I plan out my day... take kids to school, clean out the freezer, mop kitchen floor, (see putting everything else ahead) make dinner, GO THROUGH THE DRAWER, take shower, get ready for school and out the door by 3... also keeping up with the online chats.... so,

I go to the drawer...and in the first 4 peices of paper I pick up is Mortgage info!!!! Yall don't understand...I got this info back in January when I got all my tax info...there would be no reason for it to be in the TOP of this pile of paperwork other that GOD. God knows that if I didn't find it after looking for 10-15 min I would have lost my patience and something would have strayed my efforts (like being on the computer :bonk: ) SO, I am logging off and gonna go fill out the paperwork....gotta then go get it copied so by tomorrow I may be able to send it in....(yall keep checking on me)

sorry for the long post but I had to share this miracle!!! :dance:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

One great, wonderful thing I can share before I go:I decided to spend some of the airfare money I saved on a netbook for my honey. I went to BestBuy here in Cali and payed for it, and our very own Thompson2 walked into a best buy in FL picked it up and carried it to MoBay! I tell you that was the best money I ever spent. Seeing his smiling face in my computer screen has been WONDERFUL, and him being able to see his daughter has truly opened his eyes to the beauty of technology! He is still learning, but thank God he is a quick learner! :dance: Thank you Thompson2 :wub:So that's what's going on with me... one day at a time...

That is wonderful, that is what I'm talking about VJ Sistahs helping each other out in times of need. You go B! :star:

Mi see yuh deh ignore mi Philly smiley-sad021.gifI got's mad love for ya still :D

LOL mi did respond yuh knoa I'm slow haaaaa

Knew what?? you betta not be using that $$ for a trip to JA!!! (ok, so that is what I would do....lol)PHILLI!!! girl...you sneaked that wonderful bit of info in on us....I caught it...CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!! U GO GIRL!!!JAPrincess....your story is wonderful.....makes me smile. I have already started getting happy for my journey to CA for your wedding!!!! It's right around the corner!

Thanks Jamerican I am working it out that is for sure and only eating fruits and veggies and Soy products! I feel great :dance:

****ROC VSC****

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JaEng, why do you say Walgreens is terrible?

KJ, that's a TON of people! And expecting the assistants to do the teacher's work without more pay! :no:

Congrats MrsTee on enrolling in class.

JaP, your story was touching. That man def shows he loves you.

Thompson2, I tried to be an easier judge, but some of these kids just don't even try. How you do an experiment to see if a Venus fly trap will eat meat. You try with bacon & hamburger meat, yet your [unlabeled] graph shows "Meat A, Meat B, and Meat C" What was Meat C???????

The project that made me laugh out loud was one called "Fish Survivor." They bought 15 fish & put 5 fish in 3 diff types of water to see how many would live. 11 fish died during that project. :lol:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JaP & Thompson2, that was awesome. JaP, I know how it feels to see your love's face through the computer. Do you stroke the computer screen as if it were his face? (or was that just me?)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

I just want to give a shout out to my Columbiana Sistah who has been on this journey with me from the very beginning!

:dance: Congratulations my girl on your approval for your Sister it's been a long 4 years but she will finally be here in 2010! :dance:

Thanks for always being there for me even from the day I first mailed the I-130, to the day Damian arrived and we stepped off that plane together. I have been here with you from the arrival of your Mami, your Papi and now lil Sis. (L)

I am so happy for you words can't express now the family will be complete! (L)

I hope she peaks in to read this, LOL I guess I will have to repost in Espanol in the Columbiano thread too :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow God is truely blessing guys

congrats8.gif

to you all, wow even thought we are not in each others lives physically its a Blessing to see through the computer what HE is doing.

It might not be a good day today :dance: but was it yesterday :dance: or the day before :dance: or the week before :dance:

because I know some that havent had any good luck in a long time.

Then thank HIM for it.

Some didnt wake up this morning. and Some wont wake up tomorrow

We are truely blessed

blessings4.gif

Oh and Jamerican you didnt want to battle with the pics huh!! you thought I forgot huh! :rofl: :rofl:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.