Obama 2012

Stop Guessing: ACTUAL BILL SB 1070

33 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Read it.

Apparently all the hype is for nothing. All the bill does is allow state and local authorities to enforce FEDERAL LAWS already on the books.....

All the protesting on this is absolutely silly, unless you're an illegal... then you might want to be worried.

:thumbs:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Read it.

Apparently all the hype is for nothing. All the bill does is allow state and local authorities to enforce FEDERAL LAWS already on the books.....

All the protesting on this is absolutely silly, unless you're an illegal... then you might want to be worried.

Nobody here is gonna read it. Not when they can just roll out the race card.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Karl Manheim of Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and Erwin Chemerinsky of UC Irvine Law have stated this law is DOA. It's unconstitutional.

The Arizona law appears to be “facially unconstitutional,” Manheim said. “States have no power to pass immigration laws because it’s an attribute of foreign affairs. Just as states can’t have their own foreign policies or enter into treaties, they can’t have their own immigration laws either.”

States have long attempted to regulate immigration and in some instances the federal government successfully challenged state laws in court, including in the 1800s, Manheim said.

http://blogs.wsj.com...al/tab/article/

Read it.

...or you look/sound "foreign" and left your naturalization certificate at home.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

...or you look/sound "foreign" and left your naturalization certificate at home.

and the bill asks for due process of the law to take place..... It's not like "omg, no papers you get deported"

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Karl Manheim of Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and Erwin Chemerinsky of UC Irvine Law have stated this law is DOA. It's unconstitutional.

The Arizona law appears to be “facially unconstitutional,” Manheim said. “States have no power to pass immigration laws because it’s an attribute of foreign affairs. Just as states can’t have their own foreign policies or enter into treaties, they can’t have their own immigration laws either.”

States have long attempted to regulate immigration and in some instances the federal government successfully challenged state laws in court, including in the 1800s, Manheim said.

http://blogs.wsj.com...al/tab/article/

It's not an attribute of foreign affairs. It's a domestic issue....

Oh and...

Manheim is a volunteer attorney with the ACLU of Southern California, and works with other civil rights and public interest organizations. He has litigated cases at every level of state and federal courts, and has argued several significant cases in the California Supreme Court, including Proposition 103 (insurance rates) and rent control. He has handled cases in civil rights and civil liberties, environmental law, takings, municipal law and federalism.

That's enough to be said right there.....

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

and the bill asks for due process of the law to take place..... It's not like "omg, no papers you get deported"

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

If you get pulled over and you cannot be legally identified (even if you're white) you're going to be arrested so they can figure out who you are..

This isn't the overblown big deal people are making it out to be.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you get pulled over and you cannot be legally identified (even if you're white) you're going to be arrested so they can figure out who you are..

This isn't the overblown big deal people are making it out to be.

Depends on whether or not you are rightfully arrested, doesn't it.

Timeline

It's not an attribute of foreign affairs. It's a domestic issue....

Oh and...

Manheim is a volunteer attorney with the ACLU of Southern California, and works with other civil rights and public interest organizations. He has litigated cases at every level of state and federal courts, and has argued several significant cases in the California Supreme Court, including Proposition 103 (insurance rates) and rent control. He has handled cases in civil rights and civil liberties, environmental law, takings, municipal law and federalism.

That's enough to be said right there.....

LOL....wut? You know, for a guy who carries himself as an anti-federalist, free market libertarian, you sure are an odd specimen.

Timeline

Depends on whether or not you are rightfully arrested, doesn't it.

you can say that anytime/anyplace/anywhere in this nation... The bill prohibits discrimination on skin color, race, etc. - Individuals act like turds sometimes. Nothing is ever going to change that.

LOL....wut? You know, for a guy who carries himself as an anti-federalist, free market libertarian, you sure are an odd specimen.

I'm just saying the guy isn't exactly providing a neutral opinion on the issue. He's got a vested interest in the case against the bill.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

you can say that anytime/anyplace/anywhere in this nation... The bill prohibits discrimination on skin color, race, etc. - Individuals act like turds sometimes. Nothing is ever going to change that.

I'm not talking about rogue racist cops - I'm talking the possibility of institutionalized prejudice being introduced into the decision-making process of individual cops because the law is vaguely worded in a way that grants the police too much power and is open to wide interpretation.

As I said, the historical precedent for this is there. But noone seems interested in that...

Edited by Its a MADHOUSE

Timeline

Albert Gutierrez is a former Arizona state senator and he was interviewed this morning with Larry Mantle. He said that there is no bail available for suspected illegal immigrants, so if you are pulled over and the police have 'reasonable suspicion' you are not here legally, according to this law, they can detain you indefinitely until you prove your legal status. This is an over-reaching, gestapo-like law that won't hold up constitutionally. In the meantime, it will be another stain on the state of Arizona as many groups are planning to boycott the state. What an embarrassment for us Arizona natives who don't get worked up over an issue that doesn't have any real personal negative impact on our lives.

I like this game of pretend you know what the bill will do.

Apparently the bill states the establishment of camps of which everyone who looks brown be dragged from their homes into them. True story.

Apparently the police are planting the drugs on these brown folk in an attempt to arrest them to rid America of them. True Story

Apparently the police will enter Mexico and drag people in Arizona, only to arrest them and send them back. True story.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Timeline

I like this game of pretend you know what the bill will do.

Apparently the bill states the establishment of camps of which everyone who looks brown be dragged from their homes into them. True story.

Apparently the police are planting the drugs on these brown folk in an attempt to arrest them to rid America of them. True Story

Apparently the police will enter Mexico and drag people in Arizona, only to arrest them and send them back. True story.

Yeah.. it's why I hunted down and read the bill.

It's simple enforcement. Nothing more and nothing less. Just gives state authorities the same powers as ICE has pretty much.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!