4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello, I have just completed my biometrics.I got a letter in the mail few days ago from the USCIS saying that my AOS case has been transfered to California Service Center on the 20 of April 2010. It states specifically that the transfer is done in order to speed up the processing. Does anyone know what this means? Has any one experienced same? I always assumed the logical step would be to get my EAD then the interview date or something like that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Being transferred to CSC means that they will try and adjudicate your case without having an interview. Being transferred to CSC can be a good thing if your local office is slow. Remember, you don't always get your EAD before your interview, some people end up getting their green card before their AP and EAD or even processed.

Having said that, it looks like CSC has slowed down as of late, I have not noticed many approvals coming out of CSC in the last few weeks.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey,

Im pretty sure this means that you don't have to do the interview, and usually this way is quicker and prefered!!! but no way to know who or why you've been transfered, from what I've seen though it seems to currently be taking about the same length of time, and im sure you still receive EAD & AP, before your greencard is issued.

Its nothing to worry about... theres quite a few people on here who its happened to :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Being transferred to CSC means that they will try and adjudicate your case without having an interview. Being transferred to CSC can be a good thing if your local office is slow. Remember, you don't always get your EAD before your interview, some people end up getting their green card before their AP and EAD or even processed.

Having said that, it looks like CSC has slowed down as of late, I have not noticed many approvals coming out of CSC in the last few weeks.

thank u very much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.