niceman123

Time for Choice of Agent and it's fee

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I have two questions:

1 - I was just approved and received my NOA2 on March 31st, 2010 with my I-130 petition and I-129F petition on the same day and my file was transferred to NVC. When I called at NVC on April 13th, they stated that my I-129F has been closed as my I-130 and I-129f do not have any time difference and they run I129F for the petitioners who has a time difference between I-130 and I-129F. (this is supposed to be new thing started I suppose this year) I guess I am okay with that as that makes sense, but is anyone else is running across this situation? Now they are processing only I-130 for me. So I should be getting $70.00 bill for choice of agent fee and my wife should be getting choice of agent form to assign an agent who should get all the further documents in the process.

2 - They also stated that they tried emailing the choice of agent fee to my e-mail address, but it bounced back. When I asked for the e-mail address, it was typed incorrectly in their system, so we corrected it and asked to re-send the choice of agent fee of $70.00. To this date, I still have not received it, and I had called various times their and also added my wife's email address their so they can send her the choice of agent form. They stated that they mailed my wife a choice of agent form on April 7th when they tried to email me a choice of agent fee. But, neither my wife has received anything nor I have received anything. I like to know what should I do now? Can anyone please advise? Do you think that they are just slow and still not processing it? When I called again today, they said that they already mailed me choice of agent fee and my wife a choice of agent form on the 7th and resent it on 13th as well, but we still have not received anything, so they said we will put the request again and re-send these information to you on your email address. I asked for the processing time for these documents to be sent to me and they said first couple of days and then 4-6 weeks at the end of conversation. I am not sure if it should take this long to just send a choice of agent form to my wife and fee to me. Please correct me if I am wrong about my estimate of processing these two items at NVC. Do you think that I am running late on getting these two documents in the usual process? I believe that I should get these two documents within 10 days after they receive my file from USCIS. It is almost a month (less than 10 days left to be a month) since they have received my file from USCIS.

Looking for any help on this, so if anyone knows the answer, please reply. looking forward to some answers.

Thanks,

1. this is normal...the bill is for the Affidavit of Support not the Choice of agent. They need to accept the choice of agent to give you your IV bill. CR-1 is a far better option anyway....greencard and social security number on entry (well you will get that probably in a month of entry)......no adjustment of status bill for $1010.

2. Have you looked at your junk e-mail folder for the e-mail?

FWIW, we had that problem too...it was taking far too long. After my call (see my signature) we got it in a couple of days after that.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Yes, I have checked my junk box and inbox. My wife is also waiting everyday for the mail man to come and deliver the mail, but no mail and she is also checking her email box to see if anything comes accross. I just called the automated system to see what it says, and it says that they have mailed these information to me and my wife on April 7th, 2010. We still have not gotten it. Not sure what to do. I am worrying that this is waisting my time in the process. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

call back to NVC, ask for an 'AOS FEE BILL TO BE EMAILED TO YOU'

You can download the DS-3032 , have yer foreign spouse fill it out.

Forget about it 'coming to you' via email or postal mail.

You get it, You push it in.

ONCE you have the AOS Fee Bill in yer email, you can start paying things online at the payment portal.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

call back to NVC, ask for an 'AOS FEE BILL TO BE EMAILED TO YOU'

You can download the DS-3032 , have yer foreign spouse fill it out.

Forget about it 'coming to you' via email or postal mail.

You get it, You push it in.

ONCE you have the AOS Fee Bill in yer email, you can start paying things online at the payment portal.

Good Luck !

I understand by reading the other people's questions that DS3032 has some type of barcode, and ganerick DS3032 online does not have the barcode. So even my foreign spouse fills out the form, not sure if it can be sent without barcode as they send the DS3032 with the barcode. I also have asked NVC to send me these information again, and all they tell me is okay it has been sent, we will send again and waite for some time. But, i believe that it should not take morethan two to three days after requesting to resend these information. They are just keep saying okay we will send it to you. I can not even get the invoice identification number over the phone so that I could pay $70.00. It is just not moving forward. When I call at NVC agent, he or she says that we can only request and other department sends the email out for bill and choice of agent form. So, I do not know howelse I can get the bill paid with a correct invoice number that they would create. I also like to pay my $70.00 online, but I can not do so without my unique invoice identification number, and I requested almost 5 times to 6 times to resend them to me. I have been calling them since April 13th to this date and have not received anything in my e-mail. I need an invoice to pay, so that I can pay, but they are saying that it has been sent or it's under request everytime there is a different answer. First they said it has been sent, then it is under a request that need to be sent, today they said it was sent already. It is frustrating and worrying me so much that this will take a long time and it is nothing but a waste of time.

what country is your wife from? You can have your wife do the form letter in most cases (unless your country does electronic processing in which case talk to Darnell about it) and send it from her e-mail account. Check out this page here it explains it all: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

I think things have gone wonky since the first email fail, and never gotten back on track.

When you call NVC again, get a supervisor, recheck the email addresses, and ask again for the AOS fee bill to be sent via email.

Barcode ON the DS-3032 is not required, at all. If you don't want to use the actual pdf form,

then yer foreign spouse can email the DS-3032 ascii template (see Scott's post about the url on the wiki).

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

hey - any news? you get 'AOS FEE BILL VIA EMAIL', yet ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.