new2010

Can I email DS-3032 form to NVC before they email me the DS-3032 kit?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It won't matter which DS-3032 you use, you opted in prior to receiving that email, to get some speed at NVC.

Thanks for the detailed info, btw - it's very useful !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It won't matter which DS-3032 you use, you opted in prior to receiving that email, to get some speed at NVC.

Thanks for the detailed info, btw - it's very useful !

You are welcome! I will keep you updated as I get further info.

The next step that I need to do is to send it I-864 with 'receipt' of AOS fee bill. Right?

Shall I wait for OPTIN's confirmation in order to get the GZO#? So when I email I-864, i can refer to GZO# instead of GUZ#? Or it does not matter and I can refer to either GUZ or GZO#?

2/5/16, I-130 package delivered to USCIS (for Dad)

2/11/16, NOA 1 receipt date

5/5/16, RFE received

5/23/16, gathered all docs required by RFE, package delivered to USCIS

6/2/16, USCIS confirmed receipt of Request for Evidence

6/9/16, I-130 approved

6/13/16, NOA 2 received

6/17/16, case is in NVC building but not yet in the system

7/1/16, finally case is in the system, GUZ case# assigned

7/5/16, received welcome letter, choice of agent form and AOS fee bill

7/6/16, choice of agent request submitted on line

7/6/16, AOS fee bill payment submitted

7/7/16, AOS fee showing PAID

7/18/16, submitted AOS, Financial docs and Supporting Docs via email

7/18/16, IV fee bill received, payment submitted

7/19/16, IV fee showing PAID, case# changed, GZO# assigned

7/22/16, Submitted DS-260 on line

8/13/16, case completed, interview date - 9/8/2016

8/19/16, physical exam

8/25/16, got exam result - passed

9/8/16, interview passed

10/4/16, Immigrant Visa Fee $165 Payment Completed online

10/8/16, Arrived at JFK

11/16/16, status updated "began producing the card for Form OS155A"

11/22/16, status updated "card is ready to ship"

11/25/16, status updated "the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card", tracking# included

11/26/16, the package arrived at local post office and is ready for pickup

11/28/16, received 'pickup notice' from USPS

Timeline

No, you must wait until the casefile is converted to GZO #. Expect to wait up to 2 weeks for this conversion. You'll receive an email about it, with the new GZO #.

Once it's been converted, you will then log in to the payment portal with the new GZO #. Usually the IV fee bill is available, after the conversion to GZO #.

It's OK to pay on GUZ #, but don't email anything in until you have the GZO #.

Monitor the payment portal each day, see what pops up as paid and 'available to be paid'.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

This morning I went to check the payment status of AOS fee and found out it's still showing "IN PROCESS".

But surprisingly I saw IV fee bill is available to pay, I submitted the payment immediately... So it seems IV fee bill will be available to pay right after the payment is submitted for AOS fee even its status is still showing "in process".

So now i'm waiting for the payment to show 'paid' for both fees. I'm also waiting for GZO# to be issued...

I'm reviewing all the documents I have for the next few steps. For I-864, I only need to send I-864 form and the past 3 years' tax transcripts along with my employment letter. Is it enough?

For DS-230 package, I will send below. Correct me if i miss anything.

Petitioner: Passport photo 1 page, Citizenship Certificate, Passport biopage, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate

Beneficiary: Passport photo saved into 2 files, Passport biopage, birth certificate, Marriage certificate, no criminal certificate

Forms: DS-230 total 4 pages, packet 3 supplemental information sheet

5/5/16, RFE received

6/9/16, I-130 approved

6/13/16, NOA 2 received

8/19/16, physical exam

9/8/16, interview passed

10/8/16, Arrived at JFK

11/25/16, status updated "the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card", tracking# included

Timeline

re: payments, ya - sorry, NVC payment portal computers are a bit strange, if you have something available to pay, then pay it. It's good that the IV bill showed up, though !!!

re: I-864 - if your income matches the guidelines, you are golden. Otherwise, you'll need a co=sponser or to show assets. IIRC, you are also handling the paperwork on yer fiance in D.R., so don't forget yer household size is 3 (if no other children) - you, yer Mum, and yer man in the D.R.

-when you are scanning the I-864, remember, not need to include the instruction pages, at all.

re: DS-230 stuff - she needs to sign part I, never sign Part II. That GUZ P3 supplemental is ugly form, remember - Mum must sign it.

Otherwise, ya, yer casefile smells good, at this point.

Good Luck ! and congrats on the IV fee bill.

Timeline

re: payments, ya - sorry, NVC payment portal computers are a bit strange, if you have something available to pay, then pay it. It's good that the IV bill showed up, though !!!

re: I-864 - if your income matches the guidelines, you are golden. Otherwise, you'll need a co=sponser or to show assets. IIRC, you are also handling the paperwork on yer fiance in D.R., so don't forget yer household size is 3 (if no other children) - you, yer Mum, and yer man in the D.R.

-when you are scanning the I-864, remember, not need to include the instruction pages, at all.

re: DS-230 stuff - she needs to sign part I, never sign Part II. That GUZ P3 supplemental is ugly form, remember - Mum must sign it.

Otherwise, ya, yer casefile smells good, at this point.

Good Luck ! and congrats on the IV fee bill.

My income is enough to cover household 3. So i think I-864 should be the only form to submit. A question about transcript from IRS. The transcript shows my husband & my combined income since we filed jointly. Transcript really does not show how much my income was. But on I-864 it only indicates my income. Is this okay?

After I emailed I-864, will I get a response from NVC?

Shall I email DS-230 package as soon as the IV fee shows "paid"? It does not matter if I hear anything from NVC about I-864 or not. Right?

5/5/16, RFE received

6/9/16, I-130 approved

6/13/16, NOA 2 received

8/19/16, physical exam

9/8/16, interview passed

10/8/16, Arrived at JFK

Timeline

re: D.R. - my apologies, I have you confused with someone else , who is also filing for her mother, but has fiance visa in play for Dominican Republic.

re: transcripts - there are two types, a long version and short version. if it shows only combined income, then you have the short version. Call IRS again, ask for the LONG version - there's an explanation here ->

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html 

--they can fax it to you same day, when you call in via telephone.

re: sending emails in - you must wait to email stuff - you must wait for OPT IN Acceptance, the casefile will be changed from GUZ # to GZO #.

ONCE IT HAS BEEN CHANGED, you print off (to pdf file) the coversheets from the payment portal,

include one with each set, and email it off.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

re: D.R. - my apologies, I have you confused with someone else , who is also filing for her mother, but has fiance visa in play for Dominican Republic.

re: transcripts - there are two types, a long version and short version. if it shows only combined income, then you have the short version. Call IRS again, ask for the LONG version - there's an explanation here ->

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html 

--they can fax it to you same day, when you call in via telephone.

re: sending emails in - you must wait to email stuff - you must wait for OPT IN Acceptance, the casefile will be changed from GUZ # to GZO #.

ONCE IT HAS BEEN CHANGED, you print off (to pdf file) the coversheets from the payment portal,

include one with each set, and email it off.

If i don't submit transcript, alternatively can I email my w-2 form with tax return 1040EZ or 1040EA form for each year 2007, 2008 & 2009?

I will wait for GZO# before emailing I-864 and DS-230. But i guess by the time GZO# is available, probably both payments will have been 'paid'. Can I email I-864 and DS-230 on the same day? But probably in 2 separate emails with different subjects "GZOxxxxxxxxx - I-864" and "GZOxxxxxxxxx - DS-230 package". Can I do that?

5/5/16, RFE received

6/9/16, I-130 approved

6/13/16, NOA 2 received

8/19/16, physical exam

9/8/16, interview passed

10/8/16, Arrived at JFK

Timeline

sure - can use the forms instead of tax transcripts.

Once the GZO # is available, usually this means the OPT IN is accepted. Once it's accepted, (and if all is paid) you can email all in, same day - but - use 2 seperate emails - one for DS-230, once for I-864. yer subject lines are fine, btw.

remember, it's NOT 'when both are paid', for a GZO casefile - it's based on WHEN you have a GZO #, but sometimes, ya, if yer waiting for payment received status, you still have to wait. USUALLY , in the past, this has been on IV fee bill - it wasn't available to be paid until the OPT IN Email was processed and OPT IN accepted at NVC. Like I mentioned a few times, things are not the same at NVC, things have been going wonky since March 2010, so just remember yer major timeticks and when to email in.

What else? hmmm - the online portal updates twice a day at 3 PM and 10 PM , E.S.T. Sometimes if a human at NVC 'does something', the payment update can be seen sooner, but ...

Good Luck !

Timeline

Hey - any news? NVC has picked up a bit, this week , for turnover on EP cases..

Timeline

Hey - any news? NVC has picked up a bit, this week , for turnover on EP cases..

Still no email from NVC yet in regards to accepting our OPTIN request. AOS & IV fee both have been cleared and the status are "PAID".

I will have to wait for the GZO# before I can send any email for I-864 or DS-230. Right?

Is it necessary to call NVC or just wait?

5/5/16, RFE received

6/9/16, I-130 approved

6/13/16, NOA 2 received

8/19/16, physical exam

9/8/16, interview passed

10/8/16, Arrived at JFK

Timeline

Ya, now is 'waiting time' for OPT IN and conversion.

You CAN call NVC, and check with Human - see how much more time to wait for OPT IN Conversion.

But - you must mention 'Electronic Processing' with the Rep, and is possible (most likely! ) the Rep won't know the EP process, at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey - any progress on the casefile ? I'm thinking you should be real close to 'case complete' at NVC.

Timeline

Hey - any progress on the casefile ? I'm thinking you should be real close to 'case complete' at NVC.

I was not lucky with OPTIN. I waited total 20 Days (4/20-5/10) to get the case converted to GZO.

I emailed I-864 & DS-230 on 5/11/10. Last week Per AVR, NVC received my documents on 5/13 but today when I called again, the AVR says NVC received my documents on 5/14. I guess maybe they refer to I-864 & DS-230 separately, one received on 5/13 and the other on 5/14.

Only 3 days passed if counted from 5/14. Hopefully NVC will process I-864 & DS-230 more quickly than my OPTIN. So i would say hope to hear from them "case completed" by the end of May if I'm lucky?

Do they process I-864 with DS-230 together? Or it has to be I-864 first and DS-230 next?

5/5/16, RFE received

6/9/16, I-130 approved

6/13/16, NOA 2 received

8/19/16, physical exam

9/8/16, interview passed

10/8/16, Arrived at JFK

Timeline

The I-864 and DS-230 are processed seperately, by different 'review teams' at NVC.

Ya - I am thinking, now, based on yer data, maybe case complete by the end of the month. If it's faster, it's a blessing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.