amira16

Problem on Affidavit of Support (help)

7 posts in this topic

good day to all of you....I have a problem about the affidavit of support my fiance' sent me... regarding on number 11 question I ___ intend/ ___ not intend to make....... my fiance' just copied/follow the sample form here on VJ so he didnt put a check on either of the two.. (intend or not intend...) would it be a ground for my denial... ? my inteview is on the 23rd... and I dont think he can send me a new affidavit of support asap. coz they are now on the field for his training (military) help pls... i'm kinda worried on this....... :crying::(

ROC journey

09-03-2012 Filed ROC

09-07-2012 Received NOA1 stating they received my ROC pocket

11-13-12 Received mail for biometrics schedule ( good thing I called n follow up, coz I didnt received the first bio sched they sent me)

11-27-2013: Biometrics schedule

04-19-2013: received mail stating they approved my ROC ( 4-16-2013) no interview)

6/7/13 received txt/email updated case status & order card

6/13/2013: Received 10 yr GC

Thank U God!

N-400 journey

10/21/13 - send pocket to uscis ( Phoenix, Az lockbox)

10/23/13 - pocket received by uscis

10/25/13 - received acceptance letter

11/02/13 - received biometrics letter scheduled on 11/13/13

11/15/13 - received text/email " in line for interview "

01/06/14 - received txt/email scheduled for interview

01/13/14 - received interview letter set on Feb. 10.

02-10-14 - Interview ( San Fernando Valley Field Office, Chartsworth Ca.)

02-10-14 - interview Day.. Approved...

02-14-14 - received updates case scheduled for oath taking ??

03-14-14 - OATH TAKING @ Montebello, Ca.

already a U.S Citizen ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

He should have ticked off the I intend box. I've read that it has become an issue to some. Check out this thread, it's about the question 11.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/252546-to-usc-who-filled-for-k1/

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

good day to all of you....I have a problem about the affidavit of support my fiance' sent me... regarding on number 11 question I ___ intend/ ___ not intend to make....... my fiance' just copied/follow the sample form here on VJ so he didnt put a check on either of the two.. (intend or not intend...) would it be a ground for my denial... ? my inteview is on the 23rd... and I dont think he can send me a new affidavit of support asap. coz they are now on the field for his training (military) help pls... i'm kinda worried on this....... crying.gifsad.gif

I used the example here on VJ - no issues.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The Consulates and COnsular Officers within a Consulate all seem to vary on how this question should be answered. I have seen many posts on what has happened based on how the USC and joint sponsor (if applicable) answer the question.

You will not be denied a visa if the Consular Officer wants to see "I intend" checked. You will receive a 221(g) and asked to have the USC send a new I-134 with a different answer.

Don't panic, worst case it will be a slight delay, but NOT a denial.

Naturalization N-400

I used the example here on VJ - no issues.

Thank You.... You mean to say sir i'll just leave it like that?

ROC journey

09-03-2012 Filed ROC

11-13-12 Received mail for biometrics schedule ( good thing I called n follow up, coz I didnt received the first bio sched they sent me)

04-19-2013: received mail stating they approved my ROC ( 4-16-2013) no interview)

Thank U God!

N-400 journey

already a U.S Citizen ?

The Consulates and COnsular Officers within a Consulate all seem to vary on how this question should be answered. I have seen many posts on what has happened based on how the USC and joint sponsor (if applicable) answer the question.

You will not be denied a visa if the Consular Officer wants to see "I intend" checked. You will receive a 221(g) and asked to have the USC send a new I-134 with a different answer.

Don't panic, worst case it will be a slight delay, but NOT a denial.

[/quote

Oh..Okay... Can I just ask my fiance to send me email... address to consular office that he forgot to check on that part!? we're really running out of time if he will send me a new affidavit of support.... I only have 3 days before my interview.... =(

ROC journey

09-03-2012 Filed ROC

Thank U God!

N-400 journey

already a U.S Citizen ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.