hopezen

Worried about NVC process

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wow - such a lag - but at least NVC has it now.

Good Luck with NVC Electronic Processing !!!

The wiki entry, with a mini-how-to, concerns, errata, is over at http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

Here's a topic on this forum for a 'recent case' http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/251451-uscis-nvc/

He drove it all, got it all done in a month. You might want to read it, there are good bits in it. He wanted to rush / push, his wife is pregnant and he needed as much speed as possible.

I assume you have 2 I-130 petitions in play, yes? You'll want to make sure they get 'married' together at NVC, so the mother and child have the same interview date.

Thanks, Darnell. You have been very helpful.

I read the document you mentioned. It looks like NVC recognizes that my two cases are related because when I paid the first AOS($70) fee, I could not pay the second one. Both the state.gov and payment websites has some docs stating that I only need to pay one AOS fee.

I checked payment site and my case status is "PAID", but I could not see anything like "Print BarCode or Coversheet". I guess NVC converted my case to EP and I don't need coversheet and barcode any more. Now I am waiting for IV invoice.

The past 7 weeks has been the most difficult time in my life. Neither CIS nor NVC knows where my case was. I am prety patinet in immigration procedding because my wife and I knew this is a long process before we got married. However, not knowing where my case was made me really depressed. I hope everything go smoothly from here.

Have a good day, everyone!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I checked payment site and my case status is "PAID", but I could not see anything like "Print BarCode or Coversheet". I guess NVC converted my case to EP and I don't need coversheet and barcode any more. Now I am waiting for IV invoice.

It'll show up - give it another day or two. There will be 2 things 'showing up' - once is receipt, another is coversheet. When those DO show up, you'll need to print to pdf file, and include in the I-864 submittal.

When NVC converts the casefile to EP, you'll receive an email about it, containing the new GZO #/

Usually AFTER the OPT IN has been accepted, the IV fee bill will show up to be paid.

DO NOT send in anything, via email, until you have GZO # . Remember you'll be doing this twice, for each set (I-864 and DS-230) as is two casefiles.

After you have GZO #, make sure the document coversheet and receipt notice, THAT YOU INCLUDE IN EACH SET (I-864, DS-230), has the new GZO # in it - removes confusion at NVC for further processing. You can check it prior to GZO conversion, and see that it has the GUZ # in it, but that's not what you want to include for email submission.

Good Luck !!! Hang in there !!

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It'll show up - give it another day or two. There will be 2 things 'showing up' - once is receipt, another is coversheet. When those DO show up, you'll need to print to pdf file, and include in the I-864 submittal.

When NVC converts the casefile to EP, you'll receive an email about it, containing the new GZO #/

Usually AFTER the OPT IN has been accepted, the IV fee bill will show up to be paid.

DO NOT send in anything, via email, until you have GZO # . Remember you'll be doing this twice, for each set (I-864 and DS-230) as is two casefiles.

After you have GZO #, make sure the document coversheet and receipt notice, THAT YOU INCLUDE IN EACH SET (I-864, DS-230), has the new GZO # in it - removes confusion at NVC for further processing. You can check it prior to GZO conversion, and see that it has the GUZ # in it, but that's not what you want to include for email submission.

Good Luck !!! Hang in there !!

If I can add my two cents worth... When it does come time for you to send in your DS-230, you will be sending in your sons and wife's on separate emails. You will have two GZO numbers, I did. I also sent a lot of information via the DS-230 Submission email Even though the NVC did not need it the NVC WILL Forward ALL documents to the US Consulate in Guangzhou. Then I just called about 5 times a day.. Yes A lot.. but I am glade I did. I was able to push it along and even ask for a supervisor occasionally becuase as Darnell pointed out to me, a lot of the contractors for the National Visa Center still do not know the Electronic Process very good. Never let up on them... Be sure the cases are "married" so that the interview dates will be the same too.

Dan

Timeline

You are right, Darnell. I did get two coversheets today with GUZ# for my son and my wife. Am I going to get a new coversheet with GZO# after my case is officially converted?.

If I understand you correctly, I should wait for the email from NVC on acceptance of OPTIN at this point?

Edited by hopezen

Timeline

If I can add my two cents worth... When it does come time for you to send in your DS-230, you will be sending in your sons and wife's on separate emails. You will have two GZO numbers, I did. I also sent a lot of information via the DS-230 Submission email Even though the NVC did not need it the NVC WILL Forward ALL documents to the US Consulate in Guangzhou. Then I just called about 5 times a day.. Yes A lot.. but I am glade I did. I was able to push it along and even ask for a supervisor occasionally becuase as Darnell pointed out to me, a lot of the contractors for the National Visa Center still do not know the Electronic Process very good. Never let up on them... Be sure the cases are "married" so that the interview dates will be the same too.

Dan

Dan, congratulation on your speedy process. Darnell also mentioned about "marrying two cases". What should I do to make sure the two cases are married. It looks like that payment center seems to know that two cases are related.

[Then I just called about 5 times a day], did you call consulate in Guangzhou or NVC?

Thanks and enjoy your weekend!

Timeline

You are right, Darnell. I did get two coversheets today with GUZ# for my son and my wife. 1 Am I going to get a new coversheet with GZO# after my case is officially converted?.

2 If I understand you correctly, I should wait for the email from NVC on acceptance of OPTIN at this point?

1. YES - but 'get' is kinda strange - after the casefile is converted to GZO #, you should download the receipts and coversheets again, then you'll see the new GZO # in the documents.

2. Yes, but still monitor the payment portal - sometimes the IV fee bill shows up prior to OPT IN acceptance. OTOH, a 'good indicator' that the 'GZO # issuance / conversion is imminent' is that you can't log in anymore with the GUZ #. The IIN doesn't change, but the NVC casefile number changes. When that happens, check yer email for a day or two, looking for 'OPT IN acceptance email' - it will have the new GZO #.

If the online portal is showing a related casefile, then that is good sign NVC has 'married' the casefiles together.

Do not SEND IN ANYTHING via email, for now, until you have the GZO #. You can still prep all, for now. DON'T FORGET the UGLY GUZ P3 supplemental form for the DS-230.

Good Luck, hang in there !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

?

sorry, topic covers NVC EP for Guangzhou-bound casefile - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

Timeline

hey hopezen - any news/progress?

Timeline

hey hopezen - any news/progress?

Not since I got AOS fee paid and document cover. I checked NVC payment website everyday and see IV fee is still "Not Invoiced". I did not send in any paper doc. Just 3032 in OPTIN email. One thing worries me is that my wife did not manually signed and re-scan the doc. We just typed in. I am not sure if I should send another email with manually signed and re-scanned 3032. I sent OPTIN email on May 18, 10 days ago. I should have got some kinds of responses from NVC now.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Timeline

No Signature ? No Rescan? Ouch. Suggest you have her handle that, asap. IMO, the DS-3032 isn't valid until the signature is on it.

She can carry the pdf on a flash drive, then go to copy shop - they can print it, she can sign it, they can rescan it for her, and convert it to pdf file, all right there.

copy shops abound.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

No Signature ? No Rescan? Ouch. Suggest you have her handle that, asap.

Thanks, Darnell. Right before I was about to call NVC on DS-3032 signature issue today, I checked the payment center again. My IV fee was invoiced. I paied the IV fee for both my wife and son, $400 each. If my IV fee is invoiced, does this mean that my DS-3032s were accepted. Do I still need to send in manually signed DS-3032. By the way, I did not leave signature field blank, I just typed in the name. On my son's 3032, I also added "<my son's name> (signed as parent for my son)".

I am using Djwalker60's timeline as a benchmark to measure my case. So far my case is not too far behind ever since I got the NVC case number.

Another question to you and other friends here, when you scan docs for IV, do you scan them as a single big PDF file or each PDF file for every doc?

Thanks!

Timeline

Thanks, Darnell. Right before I was about to call NVC on DS-3032 signature issue today, I checked the payment center again. My IV fee was invoiced. I paied the IV fee for both my wife and son, $400 each.

1 If my IV fee is invoiced, does this mean that my DS-3032s were accepted.

2 Do I still need to send in manually signed DS-3032. By the way, I did not leave signature field blank, I just typed in the name. On my son's 3032, I also added "<my son's name> (signed as parent for my son)".

I am using Djwalker60's timeline as a benchmark to measure my case. So far my case is not too far behind ever since I got the NVC case number.

3 Another question to you and other friends here, when you scan docs for IV, do you scan them as a single big PDF file or each PDF file for every doc?

Thanks!

1. YES

2. NO

3. I suggest to scan as seperate files, then 'reprint to pdf output ' to reduce DPI . You can attach multiple files per email.

Don't forget the GUZ P3 supplemental form WITH the DS-230 submittal email. It's a stupid form, must be filled out in Chinese. DL link in the wiki page.

I suggest a ascii text 'cover letter' in the body of the DS-230 submittal, with a list of what yer sending.

But - be on the lookout for a 'converted to GZO' or 'Electronic Processing Program Acceptance' email, from NVC, as well. Once you have GZO #, you can start emailing stuff in.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

1. YES

2. NO

3. I suggest to scan as seperate files, then 'reprint to pdf output ' to reduce DPI . You can attach multiple files per email.

Don't forget the GUZ P3 supplemental form WITH the DS-230 submittal email. It's a stupid form, must be filled out in Chinese. DL link in the wiki page.

I suggest a ascii text 'cover letter' in the body of the DS-230 submittal, with a list of what yer sending.

But - be on the lookout for a 'converted to GZO' or 'Electronic Processing Program Acceptance' email, from NVC, as well. Once you have GZO #, you can start emailing stuff in.

Good Luck !

Thanks, Darnell. I already got all the doc you mentioned and in the wiki guide ready. Now I am just waiting for my GZO.

Timeline

I think it'll show up within the next few days.

Just for 'fun', though - might as well call NVC tonight, ask about status for 'OPTIN ACCEPTANCE', mentioning 'Electronic Processing' in a sentence. Do NOT mention unsigned DS-3032. Use 'OPTIN ACCEPTANCE', instead. USUALLY, the first human you get, will not know squat about NVC EP, so you might have to ask for a supervisor, as well.

Remember, these are not NVC employees, these are SERCO contractors, and they rotate in/out at NVC often, without , IMO, enough training. Don't get too mad at them, just be firm on what yer asking about, even if you have to repeat yerself after the 1st answer.

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.