21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I understand more than anyone my husbands interview was 7-15-2008 everything went well they took his passport and I purchased a new home I was so distraught I decided no to move in until he got he however in June 2009 whne his case was sent to USCIS I went ahead and moved into our new home alone. Yes AP turns our life into living day by day I was blind-sided LOL I never read any of the other forums so I didn't even know AP existed what a shock

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I understand more than anyone my husbands interview was 7-15-2008 everything went well they took his passport and I purchased a new home I was so distraught I decided no to move in until he got he however in June 2009 whne his case was sent to USCIS I went ahead and moved into our new home alone. Yes AP turns our life into living day by day I was blind-sided LOL I never read any of the other forums so I didn't even know AP existed what a shock

It's terrible isn't it! I too bought a new home and will be moving into it on May 21st, with or without my husband. I hope yours comes through quickly, you certainly deserve it after all this time!

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yesterday I was so frustrated after umpteen phone calls and emails to the DOS and Embassy about our four months of AP, that I wrote what I guess was a convincing e-mail to the embassy, using the trail of back and forth from December, to ask what was the problem...and they responded!! Here's the trail...

'Hello - I'm following up once again on that status of my husband's visa. His case has been under administrative processing for more than four months now (127 days to be precise). I cannot get any details about its status from the Department of State, and I would like to know why we are being delayed so long and an approximate timeframe on when we can expect the processing to be complete - 'a few months' have already passed and we're well beyond the published guideline of 60-90 days.

I understand that this stage is the last stage of the visa process, but where can I get more information? Please confirm as I was told earlier, that the administrative processing is happening in the US and is not 'internal review' at the embassy.

As always, any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.'

And not 24 hours later (they usually take a week to respond with the standard 'your husband's case is still pending administrative processing'):

'Dear Mrs. xxxxxxxxxxxx;

Rest assured that we are not sitting on your husband's case here in Paris. We are also concerned with the length of time since we originally put forward the request for approval. With that in mind, we have asked for further information on this case, the most recent request this week.

As soon as we receive approval we will be happy to issue the visa. We will inform you as soon as that happens.

Regards,

[signature]

IV Chief/ Fraud Prevention Manager'

While it's not the fantastic news we've been hoping for, at least it's reassuring that someone's bloody listening to me and doing something about it. See, if the various agencies could just take the time to respond thoughtfully, there'd be a whole lot less VJ-ers with such angst.

Here's hoping for good news soon to us all.

Its very very good written .Maybe i will copy it and send it to the embassy to see whats going on LOL.

At least you know that they are working on it and its not collecting dust on someone's desk .

I hope that you will hear good news soon .And i hope that your AP will be over soon .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Its very very good written .Maybe i will copy it and send it to the embassy to see whats going on LOL.

At least you know that they are working on it and its not collecting dust on someone's desk .

I hope that you will hear good news soon .And i hope that your AP will be over soon .

Thanks, Mohammed. It's what I do for a living, positioning things, though mostly about software for financial institutions. At least it was put to some use. Feel free to copy if you like! Was thinking Obama's next on the list if the Embassy chief can't help. I was going for persistent, a little desperate, and polite at the same time. Going to follow-up with her directly on Thursday to see what they found out from their inquiry. You should be hearing soon soon soon, how long's it been since they told you on the phone/via email that it's coming??

Meredith & Brahim

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks, Mohammed. It's what I do for a living, positioning things, though mostly about software for financial institutions. At least it was put to some use. Feel free to copy if you like! Was thinking Obama's next on the list if the Embassy chief can't help. I was going for persistent, a little desperate, and polite at the same time. Going to follow-up with her directly on Thursday to see what they found out from their inquiry. You should be hearing soon soon soon, how long's it been since they told you on the phone/via email that it's coming??

I don't know if you mean the Consul General by saying the embassy chief or not .If so yeah i hope that he will help you .Did you try to contact your congressman or your senator ? They might help you somehow .Talking about the president i don't think it worth it .I contacted Hillary Clinton and i contacted the president as well .And i really did not hear back from them .One more thing did you try to Email the office of the Inspector General '' DOS '' ?

Well it has been almost 2 weeks since they told me that I'm outta AP and the CO is reviewing my case and they anticipate hat i will receive it shortly via DHL.

I sent them many Emails and they said '' The case is pending CO review '' !

I hope that we both will hear good news soon and we will get our visas in no time .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

I don't know if you mean the Consul General by saying the embassy chief or not .If so yeah i hope that he will help you .Did you try to contact your congressman or your senator ? They might help you somehow .Talking about the president i don't think it worth it .I contacted Hillary Clinton and i contacted the president as well .And i really did not hear back from them .One more thing did you try to Email the office of the Inspector General '' DOS '' ?

Well it has been almost 2 weeks since they told me that I'm outta AP and the CO is reviewing my case and they anticipate hat i will receive it shortly via DHL.

I sent them many Emails and they said '' The case is pending CO review '' !

I hope that we both will hear good news soon and we will get our visas in no time .

The signature on the email says she is the head of the immigration visa unit in France. I also have the contact details for the consul general, but if this woman is already working on it, not sure what he could do. I have only tried phoning the DOS and get nowhere with it - what e-mail did you use? My congressman has been making inquiries (calling the DOS like me) and they get no information either. Just a waiting game at this point. As you say - hope we both hear good news, and for Whatznext and Disconnection too! You all have been waiting much longer than me :)

Meredith & Brahim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.