Sign in to follow this  
Cheyemo

No Police Report?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJers,

Has anyone NOT sent in the police reports/clearance certificates for a country because they were no longer in that country and NOT gotten an RFE? I am asking because trying to get a police clearance for a foreigner from both Vietnam and Bangladesh have been just about impossible, especially when we both live outside of those places now.

Any tips? Suggestions? Thoughts? Thanks!

Road to Citizenship

04/23/2014 - N-400 Package Sent

04/25/2014 - N-400 Package Delivered

04/30/2014 - Received electronic notification

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello VJers,

Has anyone NOT sent in the police reports/clearance certificates for a country because they were no longer in that country and NOT gotten an RFE? I am asking because trying to get a police clearance for a foreigner from both Vietnam and Bangladesh have been just about impossible, especially when we both live outside of those places now.

Any tips? Suggestions? Thoughts? Thanks!

For Vietnam,

Foreigners: Foreigners who reside or resided in Vietnam should contact the Vietnamese Department of Immigration in the district in which they currently reside/formerly resided to request the "Justice Record Check."

For Bangladesh,

For Bangladeshis living outside of Bangladesh, you can obtain guidance concerning police records from the nearest Bangladesh Consulate or contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka for further information.

ARREST RECORD: If any applicant has prior arrest record(s), he or she should submit police certificate(s) showing a record of all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case. The documentation must cite the section of law covering the offense

Consular officers know from which countries and under which circumstances police reports are available or not. (Google "reciprocity by country") If you have used the prescribed procedure and were officially informed a police report was not available to you through the source stated on this DOS website, provide that official notification in lieu of the report.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

For Vietnam,

Foreigners: Foreigners who reside or resided in Vietnam should contact the Vietnamese Department of Immigration in the district in which they currently reside/formerly resided to request the "Justice Record Check."

For Bangladesh,

For Bangladeshis living outside of Bangladesh, you can obtain guidance concerning police records from the nearest Bangladesh Consulate or contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka for further information.

ARREST RECORD: If any applicant has prior arrest record(s), he or she should submit police certificate(s) showing a record of all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case. The documentation must cite the section of law covering the offense

Consular officers know from which countries and under which circumstances police reports are available or not. (Google "reciprocity by country") If you have used the prescribed procedure and were officially informed a police report was not available to you through the source stated on this DOS website, provide that official notification in lieu of the report.

Thank you pushbrk. The issue now is just getting that sentiment in writing. From Bangladesh I was told that they don't provide police reports to foreigners but they haven't agreed to provide me with a letter stating that as of yet. Still waiting on Vietnam though!

Road to Citizenship

Timeline

For Vietnam,

For Bangladesh,

Oh and just to let everyone know, I'm not the type to not read directions and just ask questions so I won't have to read! I read all of those guidelines and contacted the Department of Justice (for Vietnam) by phone. I was hung up on 7 times and then finally given a website that was entirely in Vietnamese so I couldn't read any instructions. In case anyone can help with translation, the website was www.congan.com.vn. I also sent them an email with my husbands passport copy and details of his time in Vietnam. Still waiting...

Road to Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.