crisbess

Round Trip or One Way Ticket

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Whichever one is more convenient/cheaper for you.

USCIS : 104 Days

10-30-2009 : I-130 and Documents Sent

11-06-2009 : NOA1

02-18-2010 : NOA2

NVC : 66 Days

02-24-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-25-2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator

02-26-2010 : DS-3032 Sent by E-Mail

03-02-2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-02-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

03-02-2010 : Pay AOS and IV Bill Online

03-04-2010 : AOS Shows PAID

03-08-2010 : IV Bill Shows PAID

03-09-2010 : AOS and Documents Sent

03-09-2010 : Receive IV Bill

03-19-2010 : DS-230 and Documents Sent

03-24-2010 : False RFE for DS-230; Confirmed AOS Reviewed and No Missing Information Found

04-02-2010 : Sign-In Failed. Thank you, Lord!

04-05-2010 : Case Completed at NVC

04-15-2010 : Majorly Unhappy with NVC

04-30-2010 : Interview Date Assigned

Embassy :

05-06-2010 : Medical Exam

06-08-2010 : Interview Date -- Approved! Experience and Review

06-18-2010 : Visa Received

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do I have to buy a round trip ticket or one way ticket if my fiancee got his fiancee visa the US Manila Embassy? Is one way trip ticket accceptable... thanks for any response.

One way trip ticket is acceptable.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since your fiancee is K1 visa, not a tourist visa..she can get a one way ticket. Though both are acceptable, do you think or is there any chance your fiancee go back to Phils before getting her green card? cos tickets are usually 6 months or 1 year and even 3 months. Think about it before you purchase the ticket.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since your fiancee is K1 visa, not a tourist visa..she can get a one way ticket. Though both are acceptable, do you think or is there any chance your fiancee go back to Phils before getting her green card? cos tickets are usually 6 months or 1 year and even 3 months. Think about it before you purchase the ticket.

You have a valid thinking if I think my fiancee has a chance of going back to PI before getting her green card. I know it is expensive to buy one way rather than round trip ticket. But both of us are planning to go back home by next year, and swing by for 3 days in Japan. But you have a valid point. Well, the question is how soon she can have a green card (or maybe a conditional green card and can she go home with this status?)?

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If you bought a roundtrip ticket and decided to take a vacation back to PH in a yr, then you'd still have to buy another one-way ticket. If count the first R/T ticket as, first trip from PH to USA, second trip back to PH.... then you still have to get a one-way ticket back to the USA. I think the best thing to do is to shop around and find the best deal, it doesn't really matter if it's One-way or R/T as far as the Visa goes. For whatever odd reason, sometimes R/T tickets are just plain cheaper than one-way tickets... :blink:

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

You have a valid thinking if I think my fiancee has a chance of going back to PI before getting her green card. I know it is expensive to buy one way rather than round trip ticket. But both of us are planning to go back home by next year, and swing by for 3 days in Japan. But you have a valid point. Well, the question is how soon she can have a green card (or maybe a conditional green card and can she go home with this status?)?

Thanks

not sure of the present timetable, but beleive it takes 3 to 5 months to recive green card after applying for AOS. if your then wife travels back to the Philippines before receiving conditional green card, she'll need to have Advance Parole (I-131}. that can de done when she applies for AOS. once she receives her green card, she's good to go...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Is it possible to buy a R/T ticket without the return date determined as of yet ?

That depends entirely on the airline. Some allow you to move the date after you purchase, some don't. I've been shopping for a while now and MOST airlines are cheaper for a one way. If you call them directly, SOME will even knock some off of that for the "1st time immigrant" flyer.

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Timeline

That depends entirely on the airline. Some allow you to move the date after you purchase, some don't. I've been shopping for a while now and MOST airlines are cheaper for a one way. If you call them directly, SOME will even knock some off of that for the "1st time immigrant" flyer.

Timeline

Yah, usually first time immigrant get the most discounted rate but for us K visas they will give us the regular fare. I think every airline has what they call the open ticket (for roundtrip) but thats usually 1 year validity of ticket and "usually" expensive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.