scotty's girl

interview ... april 12, 2010

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My interview appointment is 7:00. Got there at the USEM at 5:45 am, there were already many people waiting outside. Guard checked my appointment letter and ID. After almost 15 minutes of waiting outside, the applicants were allowed to go inside. Had our bags scanned and then I and the girl I met there followed the blue arrows. Once inside, another guard directed us to a line near the door. There were two windows there, that's where they checked the DS forms. After checking, they gave me a number and asked me to sit in one of the blue chairs and wait for my number. The numbers were flashed randomly, so most of the time, I had my eyes glued on the screen. During this time, I've been so nervous because I don't have my fiance's pay stubs (he's been temporarily laid off for 4 months and we're still waiting for his company to call him) and his letter of employment doesn't have any signature of his supervisor. :unsure:

After almost 30 minutes of waiting, my number flashed in the screen, I then went to window 20. He's a nice guy. He asked why it's only now that I'm having my interview. I told him the police clearance from Israel took a long time. He had more questions about my job in Israel than about our relationship. He asked for my fiance's affidavit of support, I gave him the form, he then asked for the income tax return, I just gave him the W2 (my fiance told me confidently that his W2 would be enough :bonk: After giving the other documents, he told me to go to the waiting area again and wait for my number to flash in the screen. I was relieved when I went back to my sit. Waited for like 10 mins, then I heard my number called for finger scanning in window 33. A black guy asked for my name and birthday, then a girl assisted me for the finger scanning. Went back to the waiting area and I was getting nervous again as I was waiting for my number to flash for the final interview.

I went to window 32 for my final interview. It was an old man,a little chubby. He asked for my name, my petitioner's name. Where did we meet? What did I do in Israel? How long did I stay there? What's my fiance's job? He asked for my fiance's income tax return, but i didn't have it :( While we were talking he was typing and reading something on his computer. After checking everything, he told me that everything's ok with my papers, however, he needs to see my fiance's tax return for the year 2009. He asked me to go to the waiting area, wait for my number to be flashed then go to window 38 for more information. The woman there gave me a paper. Asked me to submit the lacking document. She said that a scanned copy is fine.

We are happy even though I didn't get the pink slip. At least, they didn't ask for his pay stubs (it's what were so worried about).

After I submit the document, how long will I have to wait for my visa? Thanks.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Glad everything else went well.

Hopefully, they'll issue you your visa as soon as you submit the required documentation.

Good luck!

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

Glad everything else went well.

Hopefully, they'll issue you your visa as soon as you submit the required documentation.

Good luck!

Thanks. Hopefully it will not be more than a month.

AOS Process

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Congratz! :star:

We were in your shoes. My wife had to submit one final document after her K-1 interview. She submitted the document on a Thursday. She had the visa in her hand the following Thursday.

Hope yours is as speedy as ours was!

Hi Tin,so tapos na Interview mo?sana lang sabay na tayong makareceive nang Visa so we can fly to the US together...sounds good isn't it?hey will msg you at FB....sorry di ako nakreplay sa msg mo as i am extremely busy and you knew why..<3 will pray for you little sis:)

Ate Mj

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! :dance:

Hi Tin,so tapos na Interview mo?sana lang sabay na tayong makareceive nang Visa so we can fly to the US together...sounds good isn't it?hey will msg you at FB....sorry di ako nakreplay sa msg mo as i am extremely busy and you knew why..<3 will pray for you little sis:)

Ate Mj

Hi te Toni, Musta na? Long time no see here ah :D

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

[/color]

Hi te Toni, Musta na? Long time no see here ah biggrin.gif

hello Pink....gandanag lalake naman nang baby mo<3...yeah been busy lately....NOT! hehehe

Well am back to VJ na naman...(wink)

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Hi te Toni, Musta na? Long time no see here ah biggrin.gif

Yea it's been a while eh?been busy here lately...NOT! lols!!

kumusta ang feeling nang new mommy?

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yea it's been a while eh?been busy here lately...NOT! lols!!

kumusta ang feeling nang new mommy?

syempre mana sa mommy haha jk :P Napakasaya maging mommy :D Are you here in the US na ba? La na kaming balita sa'yo.I seldom visit VJ na din pero most of the time ay nasa All mommies thread ako :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Timeline

Ate Mj

Thanks ate :) Yup, tapos na kaya makakahinga na ako ng maluwag kahit hindi pa na approve hehe.. Sana lang hindi abutin ng matagal pagkatapos kong ipasa ang hinihingi nila.

Good luck sayo ate..I'm sure everything will be fine. Baka mauna ka pa makaalis sakin,hehehe.

Congratz! :star:

We were in your shoes. My wife had to submit one final document after her K-1 interview. She submitted the document on a Thursday. She had the visa in her hand the following Thursday.

Hope yours is as speedy as ours was!

Thanks! I hope so too.

AOS Process

7zglumjya7rwu.png

My interview appointment is 7:00. Got there at the USEM at 5:45 am, there were already many people waiting outside. Guard checked my appointment letter and ID. After almost 15 minutes of waiting outside, the applicants were allowed to go inside. Had our bags scanned and then I and the girl I met there followed the blue arrows. Once inside, another guard directed us to a line near the door. There were two windows there, that's where they checked the DS forms. After checking, they gave me a number and asked me to sit in one of the blue chairs and wait for my number. The numbers were flashed randomly, so most of the time, I had my eyes glued on the screen. During this time, I've been so nervous because I don't have my fiance's pay stubs (he's been temporarily laid off for 4 months and we're still waiting for his company to call him) and his letter of employment doesn't have any signature of his supervisor. :unsure:

After almost 30 minutes of waiting, my number flashed in the screen, I then went to window 20. He's a nice guy. He asked why it's only now that I'm having my interview. I told him the police clearance from Israel took a long time. He had more questions about my job in Israel than about our relationship. He asked for my fiance's affidavit of support, I gave him the form, he then asked for the income tax return, I just gave him the W2 (my fiance told me confidently that his W2 would be enough :bonk: After giving the other documents, he told me to go to the waiting area again and wait for my number to flash in the screen. I was relieved when I went back to my sit. Waited for like 10 mins, then I heard my number called for finger scanning in window 33. A black guy asked for my name and birthday, then a girl assisted me for the finger scanning. Went back to the waiting area and I was getting nervous again as I was waiting for my number to flash for the final interview.

I went to window 32 for my final interview. It was an old man,a little chubby. He asked for my name, my petitioner's name. Where did we meet? What did I do in Israel? How long did I stay there? What's my fiance's job? He asked for my fiance's income tax return, but i didn't have it :( While we were talking he was typing and reading something on his computer. After checking everything, he told me that everything's ok with my papers, however, he needs to see my fiance's tax return for the year 2009. He asked me to go to the waiting area, wait for my number to be flashed then go to window 38 for more information. The woman there gave me a paper. Asked me to submit the lacking document. She said that a scanned copy is fine.

We are happy even though I didn't get the pink slip. At least, they didn't ask for his pay stubs (it's what were so worried about).

After I submit the document, how long will I have to wait for my visa? Thanks.

Glad your interview went better than my wife's. She was hounded in the fact that she was denied the last inteview. They are trying to use that against her again. But according to my information and from uscis, they can not longer use it, because it was already used and considered and our petition was reaffirmed. The must use new evidence, not the old evidence. "If, based on the evidence received, the USCIS officer determines that the approval should not be revoked,

the petitioner will receive a notice advising of the decision to reaffirm the petition. The petition will be

returned to DOS’s National Visa Center (NVC) for shipment to the appropriate consulate with the USCIS

letter of reaffirmation, a copy of the letter of intent to revoke and the petitioner’s response. The NVC will

then forward the petition to the consular office. The consular officer may accept the petition as valid and

adjudicate the visa application to completion, or present to USCIS new evidence that was not previously

considered. In the latter case, USCIS will determine whether such evidence supports revocation of the

petition." (USCIS, 2009).

My wife did not get the pink, but they kept her passport and will return on thursday to submit certified copies of the birth certificates for the kids. I am not sure what will happen at this point. But I am very positive they cannot deny her for the same thing as before because it was overruled by my documents I submitted with the notice of intent to deny that the USCIS sent in sept 2009. I have sent the embassy an email, reminding them in fact that they must either validate our visa or find new evidence to deny and not use previously considered evidence as per USCIS policies and procedures for returned cases after a visa denial.

I recieved the following email response:

Date: April 12, 2010

This is in reply to your inquiry of April 9, 2010, regarding the visa case of the referenced individual.

The applicant was interviewed today, April 12, 2010, in connection with her IR1 visa application.

Following a careful review of the information and documents available to us, the adjudicating consular officer had to undertake further administrative processing on the case. As soon as the review is completed, we will contact the applicant to resume processing the visa application.

We have included a copy of your communication in the applicant’s case file.

If the applicant would like to inquire further about the status of the visa case, she may contact the Embassy's Visa Call Center at telephone 1-909-101-7878. This number is for subscribers of PLDT and Smart telephone touchtone landlines with national and international distance dialing features (NDD or IDD access). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Manila time). There is a fee assessed to callers by the Call Center for its services.

Future fiancé(e) and immigrant written visa inquiries should be directed to this web link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3230.html.

We hope this information will be helpful to you.

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard

1000 Manila, Philippines

Telephone: (632) 301-2000

Fax: (632) 301-2037

THIS E-MAIL IS UNCLASSIFIED AS DEFINED IN EXECUTIVE ORDER 12958

Timeline

Glad your interview went better than my wife's. She was hounded in the fact that she was denied the last inteview. They are trying to use that against her again. But according to my information and from uscis, they can not longer use it, because it was already used and considered and our petition was reaffirmed. The must use new evidence, not the old evidence. "If, based on the evidence received, the USCIS officer determines that the approval should not be revoked,

the petitioner will receive a notice advising of the decision to reaffirm the petition. The petition will be

returned to DOS’s National Visa Center (NVC) for shipment to the appropriate consulate with the USCIS

letter of reaffirmation, a copy of the letter of intent to revoke and the petitioner’s response. The NVC will

then forward the petition to the consular office. The consular officer may accept the petition as valid and

adjudicate the visa application to completion, or present to USCIS new evidence that was not previously

considered. In the latter case, USCIS will determine whether such evidence supports revocation of the

petition." (USCIS, 2009).

My wife did not get the pink, but they kept her passport and will return on thursday to submit certified copies of the birth certificates for the kids. I am not sure what will happen at this point. But I am very positive they cannot deny her for the same thing as before because it was overruled by my documents I submitted with the notice of intent to deny that the USCIS sent in sept 2009. I have sent the embassy an email, reminding them in fact that they must either validate our visa or find new evidence to deny and not use previously considered evidence as per USCIS policies and procedures for returned cases after a visa denial.

I recieved the following email response:

Date: April 12, 2010

This is in reply to your inquiry of April 9, 2010, regarding the visa case of the referenced individual.

The applicant was interviewed today, April 12, 2010, in connection with her IR1 visa application.

Following a careful review of the information and documents available to us, the adjudicating consular officer had to undertake further administrative processing on the case. As soon as the review is completed, we will contact the applicant to resume processing the visa application.

We have included a copy of your communication in the applicant’s case file.

If the applicant would like to inquire further about the status of the visa case, she may contact the Embassy's Visa Call Center at telephone 1-909-101-7878. This number is for subscribers of PLDT and Smart telephone touchtone landlines with national and international distance dialing features (NDD or IDD access). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Manila time). There is a fee assessed to callers by the Call Center for its services.

Future fiancé(e) and immigrant written visa inquiries should be directed to this web link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3230.html.

We hope this information will be helpful to you.

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard

1000 Manila, Philippines

Telephone: (632) 301-2000

Fax: (632) 301-2037

THIS E-MAIL IS UNCLASSIFIED AS DEFINED IN EXECUTIVE ORDER 12958

Don't lose hope, everything will turn out well. I hope that your wife and I will get our visas soon.

AOS Process

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.