3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ-ers:)

I have some questions regarding my 11mo daughter's visa application. I hope you can help me with my dilemma.

Before anything else, let me give you a brief background of who I am and our application status. I am a wife of a USC and it's been more than 6 mos. since our I-130 application. We have received NOA1 and we're currently waiting for NOA2.

I have an 11mo baby girl from a previous relationship (not marriage) and my husband wants me to bring her to the US as well. When my husband filed for an I-130, he told me that the petition was for me and my daughter. I just wanted to know if we filed it CORRECTLY. I remember him/us filling out one G-325A (Biographic Info) for me and one I-130.

My questions are:

1. Does he have to file for a separate I-130 for my baby (so it's two applications)?

2. Does he have to pay a fee again?

3. If we have to file separately, what supporting documents does my daughter need aside from her birth certificate?

4. I read from a post here somewhere that my daughter would require her biological father's consent to be able to go to the US. What if he abandoned me and my daughter? Plus, my ex and I were never married and his name as father is not even in her birth certificate.

5. Our NOA1 only mentions my name as the one to be petitioned. Does it have to mention my daughter's name too to mean that she's included in the petition?

Thanks in advance and God bless to all.

----VISA JOURNEY ENDS----

It is great to love, but also guard your heart...

As I started to picture the trees in the storm, the answer began to dawn on me. The trees in the storm don't try to stand up straight and tall and erect. They allow themselves to bend and be blown with the wind. They understand the power of letting go. Those trees and those branches that try too hard to stand up strong and straight are the ones that break. Now is not the time for you to be strong, Julia, or you, too, will break.

-- Julia Butterfly Hill

1. Does he have to file for a separate I-130 for my baby (so it's two applications)?

Yes you both need your own I130 filed.

2. Does he have to pay a fee again?

Yes every I130 has it's own fee

3. If we have to file separately, what supporting documents does my daughter need aside from her birth certificate?

marriage certificate, USC proof of citizenship

4. I read from a post here somewhere that my daughter would require her biological father's consent to be able to go to the US. What if he abandoned me and my daughter? Plus, my ex and I were never married and his name as father is not even in her birth certificate.

not sure you do if he isn't listed on her birth certificate

5. Our NOA1 only mentions my name as the one to be petitioned. Does it have to mention my daughter's name too to mean that she's included in the petition?

I130's do not have derivative statuses

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

My husband is the USC and he is living overseas,so he petitioned for my visa thru DFC,but unfortunately,my son...his step-child lives in my home country with my parents.So,how do we get started on doing his petition??

this is what i got from the uscis website:

requirements;

form I-130

my USC husband's copy of his birth certificate

my son's birth certificate

our marriage certificate

now,my question is,is this all we have to send on our initial application or do we need to include the child's bio-page of his passport and his passport pics too????? and do we have to send copies or originals on the first application???

ooh,and still on the same topic,i read on this thread about a letter from the other parent to the child,....in my situation,my son's father's name is not included on his birth certificate.....so,do i still need a notarized letter from him when sending my petition about him not having any objection to his son immigrating??????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.