atsleumas

Jamaica Embassy.. is my luck THIS BAD??

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So, is the rumor true that Jamaicas embassy is backlogged this time of year? We got a case complete last week, were patiently waiting for a May interview and understand that it may be delayed even more so? Case has been complete for 10 days and still no interview. Others with CC is Feb get early March interviews, early May interviews for those finished in mid March. I am really feeling like God hates me or something... I feel like crying!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hun, I think you'll be fine since your case completed in March.

Last month some people didn't make it who got their case completes close to the cut off date. It was the month MsSheka's husband's interview was scheduled during--Feb/March?

Hang on in there! :thumbs:

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

The Jamaican embassy books appts the second week of every month following the month the case was completed at NVC. Don't know where you got the other infro. But this is a busy time at the embassy, b/c they are doing H2B visa.

Example

Approveds at NVC March

Embassy will schedule Interview in April

Possible Interview date May

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

Ok Sach.. Ok LJ... I think Im so on edge with this whole process that Im starting to see the glass as half BROKEN and no longer half empty. Im not normally so pessimistic. Honest.. But it just figures that our time would come up at the busiest time at the Embassy. Maybe one day we will get a break? Cant complain too much, at least we got the CC. UGH

Ok Sach.. Ok LJ... I think Im so on edge with this whole process that Im starting to see the glass as half BROKEN and no longer half empty. Im not normally so pessimistic. Honest.. But it just figures that our time would come up at the busiest time at the Embassy. Maybe one day we will get a break? Cant complain too much, at least we got the CC. UGH

Hang in there girl. I know the waiting is not fun at all but you guys will get that interview date soon!! :thumbs: In the mean time, just get all your evidence and docs together and be prepared for the interview! :star:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Hang in there girl. I know the waiting is not fun at all but you guys will get that interview date soon!! :thumbs: In the mean time, just get all your evidence and docs together and be prepared for the interview! :star:

OK.. you are right. Thank you all for keeping me from jumping in front of a moving semi truck... :bonk:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hang in there! Your interview soon come.

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Timeline

Hey Atsleumas, hope all is well now. I called NVC on Wednesday and was told that they were currently working on and booking all May interviews for Kingston, so you should be on the list, but the rep. did inform me that I wasn't going to be process in time to receive a May interview,so I guess it's June for me after all. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

BLESS ME INDEED!!!!

Timeline

Hey Atsleumas, hope all is well now. I called NVC on Wednesday and was told that they were currently working on and booking all May interviews for Kingston, so you should be on the list, but the rep. did inform me that I wasn't going to be process in time to receive a May interview,so I guess it's June for me after all. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Hey girl!!!!! You missed the April cutoff huh? Well, its ok - June will be here before you know it my dear. Thanks for passing on the news about the May interviews!! Cross your fingers and toes and other available limbs for me please! (L)

Timeline

Hey girl!!!!! You missed the April cutoff huh? Well, its ok - June will be here before you know it my dear. Thanks for passing on the news about the May interviews!! Cross your fingers and toes and other available limbs for me please! (L)

Yes I will cross everything on my body,lol. I just called the NVC to see if they received my DS-230, and the rep. stated that it hasn't been put into the system as of yet, so I guess I'll be calling again next week, and pray my case is completed by the end of April.. :yes::yes::yes:

BLESS ME INDEED!!!!

Timeline

You are going to be fine just hang in there.. Nothing in this process is speedy! Take care of yourself..Good luck rose.gif

Thanks MRStee... sure hope so :blush:

BMI - dont worry girl- you will be done by mid month - you are getting things together nicely!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So, is the rumor true that Jamaicas embassy is backlogged this time of year? We got a case complete last week, were patiently waiting for a May interview and understand that it may be delayed even more so? Case has been complete for 10 days and still no interview. Others with CC is Feb get early March interviews, early May interviews for those finished in mid March. I am really feeling like God hates me or something... I feel like crying!!!

Stay hopeful I just received my interview date for K1 for May 7, I hope and pray yours come soon, as the wait is dreadful.

Timeline

I'll remember you in my prayers. I got this quote off this site which helped me a lot, I hope it works for you too :)

Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.