Robertsj

Preparing for K1 Fiancee interview at American Consulate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Greetings all, My name is Robert. I live in San Diego. I have been traveling to India for languages study and then healthcare service for years. I met my fiancee, Aruno, in Dec., 2006. I have visited her off and on since then during her 3 yr. post grad. course--now successfully completed. My fiancee petition has been approved by the NVC and is in Mumbai. Aruno and I are preparing for the interview now! [we hope it might possibly be in May] I have a few brief questions..[the one morphed into 3]

But first: I greatly appreciate the resources found here in Visajourney [thanks to Hungarian gentleman, gem of a guy, I met on a local train here---Tivi, where are you?!] and, at another fine resource: K1 Visa Wizard [there is no chat there]

1. Question about Affidavit of Support...I see there are two forms, very similar..I-134 AND I-864. I am confused, as on one link, the I-134 is referenced:

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/media/pdf-visas/info_sheet_k1_packet_3.pdf

On another link, the I-864 is referenced:

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/media/pdf-visas/info_sheet_packet_3.pdf

I think it is only the I-134 that I need to completed.

2. I plan on being there in Mumbai to support my fiancee [hopefully, they will permit me to be present for the interview]. Instead of sending her the I-134 along with my 1040, W2 and 1099 forms, pay stubs, etc., can I take them along in person? [she and I will meet some days in advance] In other words, she is not required to send them along with her checked off and completed K1 packet in advance of the interview...as long as she has them in hand for the interview, correct?

3. Final question-- in the K1 packet, she has gathered all the items requested and checked them off, except for 2 key ones: the passport and police report---they should be collected/arrive by next week. As we are hoping to have our case number listed for an interview in May, can she go ahead and check off those 2 items on the checklist and dispatch out by courier mail, being that she will have them in time for the interview?

Thank you! And we hope to be of like service in the future for those who are taking such a path..

Edited by Robertsj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. Question about Affidavit of Support...I see there are two forms, very similar..I-134 AND I-864. I am confused, as on one link, the I-134 is referenced:

The I-134 is presented at the initial K-1 interview at the consulate, while the I-864 is for the AOS proceedings. Consulates may or may not follow the I-864's income guidelines.

2. I plan on being there in Mumbai to support my fiancee [hopefully, they will permit me to be present for the interview]. Instead of sending her the I-134 along with my 1040, W2 and 1099 forms, pay stubs, etc., can I take them along in person? [she and I will meet some days in advance] In other words, she is not required to send them along with her checked off and completed K1 packet in advance of the interview...as long as she has them in hand for the interview, correct?

If you know absolutely for sure that you will, by all means bring them as they will not have to be presented until the interview. But I'd personally ship them well ahead of schedule in the event you were delayed for some reason. Better safe than sorry.

3. Final question-- in the K1 packet, she has gathered all the items requested and checked them off, except for 2 key ones: the passport and police report---they should be collected/arrive by next week. As we are hoping to have our case number listed for an interview in May, can she go ahead and check off those 2 items on the checklist and dispatch out by courier mail, being that she will have them in time for the interview?

So long as she has them in time, that's all that matters.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello.

I have a question on the same topic. Im waiting for the Packet 3 to arrive to my fiancee place. We got our approval on June 1st. I wanted to know can i join her to the interview, did anyone deal any problem with mumbai consulate?

thanks

My K-1 TimeLine

08/19/09 - Saw her first time after 7yrs through common friends profile.
08/25/09 - Met her after 7yrs. Spent almost 13hrs together.
09/09/09 - Proposed her for first time.
09/16/09 - Proposal accepted from her on conditional basis (If Parents Agree)
09/27/09 - Parents met me and interrogated me. Approved!!!
10/02/09 - Unofficial Engagement between families when they met.
10/25/09 - Official Engagement Day.
10/25/09 - Same night flying back to U.S
02/23/10 - Got my Citizenship.
03/22/10 - I-129F/K1 Filed for my Darling.
03/24/10 - NOA1 Checked online
03/27/10 - Touched
03/31/10 - NOA1 Hard Copy
06/01/10 - NOA2 Yepeeeeeeeeeeee...69 days..
06/07/10 - NOA2 Hard Copy.
07/02/10 - Packet 3 Received.
07/06/10 - Packet 3 sent and interview date received.
09/07/10 - Interview & Visa Approved( 167 Days )!!!!
10/12/10 - POE Chicago, IL.
10/22/10 - Wedding Lock
12/30/10 - AOS Filed/EAD Filed/AP Filed.
02/12/11 - AP Approved.
03/04/11 - EAD Approved and Card Received in a Week.
03/25/11 - AOS Approved, Green Card Received in a Week.

07/20/14 - I-400 Application Sent

07/28/14- I-400 NOA

09/08/14 - I-400 Fingerprint Done

10/22/14 - Interview Passed

11/28/14 - Citizenship Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello.

I have a question on the same topic. Im waiting for the Packet 3 to arrive to my fiancee place. We got our approval on June 1st. I wanted to know can i join her to the interview, did anyone deal any problem with mumbai consulate?

thanks

Anyone hav a answer or something for above question?

My K-1 TimeLine

08/19/09 - Saw her first time after 7yrs through common friends profile.
08/25/09 - Met her after 7yrs. Spent almost 13hrs together.
09/09/09 - Proposed her for first time.
09/16/09 - Proposal accepted from her on conditional basis (If Parents Agree)
09/27/09 - Parents met me and interrogated me. Approved!!!
10/02/09 - Unofficial Engagement between families when they met.
10/25/09 - Official Engagement Day.
10/25/09 - Same night flying back to U.S
02/23/10 - Got my Citizenship.
03/22/10 - I-129F/K1 Filed for my Darling.
03/24/10 - NOA1 Checked online
03/27/10 - Touched
03/31/10 - NOA1 Hard Copy
06/01/10 - NOA2 Yepeeeeeeeeeeee...69 days..
06/07/10 - NOA2 Hard Copy.
07/02/10 - Packet 3 Received.
07/06/10 - Packet 3 sent and interview date received.
09/07/10 - Interview & Visa Approved( 167 Days )!!!!
10/12/10 - POE Chicago, IL.
10/22/10 - Wedding Lock
12/30/10 - AOS Filed/EAD Filed/AP Filed.
02/12/11 - AP Approved.
03/04/11 - EAD Approved and Card Received in a Week.
03/25/11 - AOS Approved, Green Card Received in a Week.

07/20/14 - I-400 Application Sent

07/28/14- I-400 NOA

09/08/14 - I-400 Fingerprint Done

10/22/14 - Interview Passed

11/28/14 - Citizenship Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.