kk_0311

Choice of Agent and email forms?

8 posts in this topic

I am filing for my wife and her I-130 just got approved (after 9 weeks)... I am going to india for 35 days in May... In such a scenario, would I better be off having my wife as Agent (DS-3032)... Also I guess we can get all the forms in email (so there won't be a delay because of sending everything to India?) and thirdly is Police certificate required to be sent as part of DS-230? (should we get it now itself or we have to wait until DS-230 is mailed to us?)

Thanks for the response...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I suggest you don't wait for any forms to be 'emailed' or MAILED to you, at all. Download them, instead.

Follow these steps (ya, click the link, and read) - and if you are lucky, you might get both fees paid prior to your May trip.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Good Luck !

specifically for India - there are 2 police clearance certificates that are required, and must be sent in during NVC processing, with the DS-230 .

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks Darnell.Appreciate your response...

If I Put my wife as choice of agent, I can still receive the AOS and IV bill online and pay it online, right?

Secondly, my wife was staying at my parent's house after she left US... so I had used my parent's address for I-130 form... While getting PCC from passport office, they may cause huge delays if i had to use my parent's address (since my wife's passport address is different)...Short question, Is it okay to get PCC with different address (same district) then her current address?

Also if I get PCC with different address (from I-130), should I change the address on DS-230 to reflect her parents address, So that it is consistent?

Timeline

I am not a PCC expert, sorry. Requirements for PCC in India is strange, more stuff needed than other countries. Sorry.

Usually, on the DS-3032, the foreign spouse designates the USCitizen as 'choice of agent'.

What yer asking me is twisted, 180 degrees opposite from what should be done.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

One PCC required from the local PS of her current residence.

One from her passport issuing RPO.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Thanks Sachinky and Darnell...

Darnell, In DS-3032 there is an option where the beneficiary can state that she does not appoint an agent... and can provide a different address for communication... Since I am going to be in india for a while, it makes a lot of sense for us to not appoint an agent (so that any communications will be directed to indian address during my india stay)...Do you think it would affect our application negatively? I am assuming that we will get IV bill online and I can make the payment (from our joint account).

Do they send the interview package directly to the petitioner or appointed agent?

Timeline

I dunno, if you want to use the online payment portal

it doesn't matter WHERE you are.

what does matter is that you have USA-based checking account to make the electronic payment via ACH draft.

Usually, a 'choice of agent form' jump starts a lot, at NVC.

But hei - don't pay any attention to me - You should read up about NVC anyway, over at

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

Read all of the links - the DS-230 is fairly complete.

I'm never a fan of 'waiting on postal mail'

but

you can do it.

It's about a 9 month cycle - at NVC - for those who want to play the 'postal waiting game'.

NVC is happy to play the 'postal waiting game' with you, no problems there.

MOST other people want some speed, and get it, at NVC, because of LingChe's ShortCuts and the Online Payment Portal.

The DS3032 does include an option for the immigrant to not appoint an agent.

Marriage : 2009-06-30

CSC: 155 days

I-130: 2009-10-01

NOA1: 2009-10-15

NOA2: 2010-03-05

I-129F: 2009-10-16

NOA1: 2009-10-23

NOA2: 2010-03-05

NVC: 60 days

Case #: 2010-03-11

AOS Paid: 2010-03-15

IV Bill Paid: 2010-03-24

Package Sent: 2010-03-29

AVR says received: 2010-04-02

RFE: 2010-04-13

Sign in Fail: 2010-05-10

CONSULATE: 17 days

Medical: 2010-06-04

Interview: 2010-06-15 - APPROVED!

Visa rcv'd: 2010-06-21

POE: 2010-06-29 LAX (286 Days from when we started this whole mess!)

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.