fredwhy

need suggestions b2->i130

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hey everyone I want to get some feedback and perhaps some suggestions from people that have gone through this process, the following is my plan:

My finance will be coming to the USA on a B2 visa, we will then get married (i am a USC) in the USA and I will file the I-130 for the CR-1 visa. Since my wife to be will be here in the USA and she will most likely have a 6 month visit pass, we are planning on waiting out the process here in the USA and filing an extension prior to her i-94 expiration for another 6 months. Mainly we don't want to be apart any longer.

My questions are the following:

1) Is there a way that I can have her stay here in the states other than filing for an extension on her I-94 and waiting out the I-130 approval?

2) Since the I-130 was registered with her having my address here in the States would she be able to go trough all the interview process here in the States or would she have to go back to her country of origin to do the remaining process?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone I want to get some feedback and perhaps some suggestions from people that have gone through this process, the following is my plan:

My finance will be coming to the USA on a B2 visa, we will then get married (i am a USC) in the USA and I will file the I-130 for the CR-1 visa. Since my wife to be will be here in the USA and she will most likely have a 6 month visit pass, we are planning on waiting out the process here in the USA and filing an extension prior to her i-94 expiration for another 6 months. Mainly we don't want to be apart any longer.

My questions are the following:

1) Is there a way that I can have her stay here in the states other than filing for an extension on her I-94 and waiting out the I-130 approval?

2) Since the I-130 was registered with her having my address here in the States would she be able to go trough all the interview process here in the States or would she have to go back to her country of origin to do the remaining process?

Thanks in advance.

hi fredwhy Marrying a U.S. Citizen on a B2 visa

Generally speaking, your fiancee enter the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen using a B2 visa, but your fiancee will need to convince the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol officer at the port-of-entry that she fully intend to leave the U.S. soon after the wedding and obtain another visa before re-entering. You cannot file for adjustment of status based on such a marriage while on a B2 visa.

Showing the CBP a return-trip ticket, a letter from your employer stating that you are expected to return to your foreign employment and other evidence of your intention to depart the U.S. may help gain your entry.

but if we look in other side of imigration laws this is illegal you cannot marry on B2 visa, if you want to avoid all problem better get k1 Finacee visa and get married for smooth sail if you filed on b2 visa on adjust of status there is no gurantee your visa get approved or denied no lawer give you 100 percent gurantee denied or approval if your visa denied your wife suddenly deport in my suggesition you filed k1 visa for your fiancee because this is immediate reletive visa the whole process is only 6 to 7 month

and other is the best strong option you have go for your fiancee home country and marry her and then filed for cri1 visa and i strongly suggest you go for cr1 visa this is headace free cheaper money saving and time saving good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you get married on a B2 visa here in the United States I think you might be able to file an Adjustment of Status using the 485, rather than going through the I130 petition process for the CR1 visa.

I am not the best person to ask on this so someone else may be able to confirm. But the first thing is that if you get married on a B2 visa, it has to appear as if the reason she entered the US was not for the purpose of marriage.

Anyhow hope that helps somewhat :-)

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Entering the U.S. on a B-2 with the prior intent of marriage and staying via AOS is visa fraud as you're attempting to circumvent the laws in place.

However, she can come on a B-2, get married, stay for the duration of the visa. You can file for a CR-1 the day after your marriage. Chances are in 6 months, your petition will be approved and you might even be through NVC if you're quick about it so you'll only have to be apart for a month or two as she will have to return to her home country to interview.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.