Jeff and Tatiana

AOS Questions...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone!!

Thank you to everyone who answered my post previously about the AOS paperwork. Next is a couple more questions. In several of the documents it mentions a "A" number. From what I can find, she does not have this number. Should she have it? All she has is the I-94 # she came to the USA on and the the NOA2 notification document. I cannot find this A number, but I may just be not looking in the right place. Let me know please. :)

Next is a supporting documentation question. In the guide posted on this site for AOS (http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos), it mentions that you need:

4. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport (biographical page as well as entry stamps).

4a. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses K-1 or K-3 Visa from Passport

5. K-1 Visa Holders: Submit Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-129F **

K-3 Visa Holders: Submit Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-130

6. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses valid I-94 (front and back copies)

7. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)

8. A certified copy of your marriage certificate. (If filing for your spouse)

9. Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the Non US Citizen Spouse. Write the full name on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

Yet, at the later section for other documents you need:

12. I-864, Affidavit of Support (see poverty limits here)

>> Include any additional required supporting documentation

13. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, if you want to work while your application is processed (optional)

>> Include any additional required supporting documentation or photos as well as payment as noted here.

14 I-131, Application for Travel Document, if you need to travel outside the United States while your application is processed (optional)

>> Include any additional required supporting documentation or photos as well as payment as noted here.

The part that is confusing me and I just want to be sure I give them all the stuff they are asking for, is the "Include any additional required supporting documentation". When I read the online instructions from the Gov it says I have to submit for instance on the I-765, two passport style photos, copy of passport, visa and so on. Just exactly what is stated in the above section as needing according to the guide. Fine, I get it, but do I need multiple copies of the same documents over and over for this entire packet. So instead of 2 passport style photos, it would be 8, instead of one copy of passport, it would be like 3 and 3 copies of the visa and I-94 instead of the stated 1 in the guide?

I just want to be sure I am covering all the bases on this so I don't get a RFE.

Thank you Everyone and let me know if I mucked up something and it is not clear.

Jeff & Tanya.

I found her in March 08'

We met in December 08'

NOA1 on 31 March 09'

NOA2 on 28 Aug 09'

Interview 18 Nov 09' (Administrative Review)

Visa Approved!! 15 Dec 09'

Tatiana Arrives! 12 Jan 10'

Married 2 Mar 10'

Green Card Received 10 July 10'

Lifting Conditions Filed 25 April 12'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!!

Thank you to everyone who answered my post previously about the AOS paperwork. Next is a couple more questions. In several of the documents it mentions a "A" number. From what I can find, she does not have this number. Should she have it? All she has is the I-94 # she came to the USA on and the the NOA2 notification document. I cannot find this A number, but I may just be not looking in the right place. Let me know please. :)

Next is a supporting documentation question. In the guide posted on this site for AOS (http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos), it mentions that you need:

4. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport (biographical page as well as entry stamps).

4a. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses K-1 or K-3 Visa from Passport

5. K-1 Visa Holders: Submit Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-129F **

K-3 Visa Holders: Submit Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-130

6. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses valid I-94 (front and back copies)

7. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)

8. A certified copy of your marriage certificate. (If filing for your spouse)

9. Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the Non US Citizen Spouse. Write the full name on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

Yet, at the later section for other documents you need:

12. I-864, Affidavit of Support (see poverty limits here)

>> Include any additional required supporting documentation

13. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, if you want to work while your application is processed (optional)

14 I-131, Application for Travel Document, if you need to travel outside the United States while your application is processed (optional)

The part that is confusing me and I just want to be sure I give them all the stuff they are asking for, is the "Include any additional required supporting documentation". When I read the online instructions from the Gov it says I have to submit for instance on the I-765, two passport style photos, copy of passport, visa and so on. Just exactly what is stated in the above section as needing according to the guide. Fine, I get it, but do I need multiple copies of the same documents over and over for this entire packet. So instead of 2 passport style photos, it would be 8, instead of one copy of passport, it would be like 3 and 3 copies of the visa and I-94 instead of the stated 1 in the guide?

I just want to be sure I am covering all the bases on this so I don't get a RFE.

Thank you Everyone and let me know if I mucked up something and it is not clear.

Jeff & Tanya.

She should have one... Look on the NOA2 petition approval notice... An "Alien Registration Number" should be listed

Also, remember you are preparing separate application that could be reviewed be separate peoplel in separate locations. Assemble each applications to "stand alone". Do not expect them to pick up the I-485 file to find informatio they need for the I-765. The I-485 could be in California while the I-765 is in Missouri

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

Thank you for the quick answer. I had figured I would need multiple copies of passport, visa, photos and birth certificates. I found the A number on the form you mentioned, not very bold, but I found it. heh.

I have another question, on the I-485 it asks for the NON IMMIGRANT VISA NUMBER. Is this the number on the visa itself? The big black number in the right corner called the Control Number? Or is it rather the RED number on the right about midway down on the visa? I am guessing it is the "control number". But, just wanted to be sure.

Thank you!!

Jeff & Tanya

Edited by Jeff and Tatiana

I found her in March 08'

We met in December 08'

NOA1 on 31 March 09'

NOA2 on 28 Aug 09'

Married 2 Mar 10'

Timeline

Doh! Red number got it.

Another question:

On the I-131 in one section (part 3) it asks for a trip date and length of stay. She is honestly not planning a trip at all, just wanted to have the document in case of emergency prior to getting the green card. Do I just leave it blank in that section? In the document examples for this form, the section is filled out, yet the person is using it for a Adjustment of Status application, but I guess with a pending travel. In my case it would be a AOS, but I do not have a definitive travel date in mind or planned.

Thanks again everyone!

Jeff & Tanya

I found her in March 08'

We met in December 08'

NOA1 on 31 March 09'

NOA2 on 28 Aug 09'

Married 2 Mar 10'

Timeline

Excellent!

Thanks Mox!

Jeff & Tanya

I found her in March 08'

We met in December 08'

NOA1 on 31 March 09'

NOA2 on 28 Aug 09'

Married 2 Mar 10'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.