Sven

Question about case status

4 posts in this topic

My case was now updated. It says:

Testing and Interview

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

How long might it take until the actual interview takes place ( I'm guessing it would be one month after you receive the letter)? I'm having lots of travel plans and I'm obviously still not able to schedule everything, but it would be nice to have a vague timeline.

Edited by Sven

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband's interview is just over a month from the date of the interview notice letter, but it depends on the local office to get a good sense of when it will be. You should get your interview letter within the next couple of days in the mail. Check the current threads "February filers," "March filers," etc.

Also note that you'll have to factor in the oath ceremony date as well...which you'll only know once you go to the interview.

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi Sven,

when I had my case updated, I got the interview notice less than a week later in the mail.

The interview itself took place about a month after I received the letter.

Depending on your DO you may have your interview at the beginning of May.

Good luck! :star:

Thank you guys! That would be quick. They received it on February 10th or something like that. Nice to hear this. Thanks a lot :D I'll check out the February thread.

Edited by Sven

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.