GG.Gutierrez

HELP! Question - K1 Evidence

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! We would like to get some help since we are about to fill out petition.

After 1 year & 6 monhts of relationship we got engaged 11 days ago :D . We are trying to gather all necesary evidence and information to fill out the papers and make sure we dont leave anything out.

We have been reading a lot in other topics and have found advice on what kind of evidence would be relevant. like:

[*]Passports stamps

[*]Boarding passes

[*]Hotel receipts

[*]ATM receipts

[*]receipts of other expenses in the foreign country

[*]Photos (labeled)

[*]vaccination supplement and medical copies

We also have records of the times he has sent me money and of course tons of pictures.

We met during a visit he made to the company I work for for some training. He was here for 21 days that time and after that he has come back to visit me 3 more times. Since the company he works for is our business client a friend from work that has lived in the states and kind of went thru the same thing advised me to get a letter from my boss stating that I've been working there for x years and that we have business with the company he works for as our client.

Do you think this may be useful? What other information do we need?

Thank you all :help:

>VJ has been really helpful< :)

K1 VISA

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent :05/27/10

I-129F NOA1 :06/03/10

I-129F NOA2 :06/28/10

NVC Received :07/02/10

Consulate Received :7/8/10

Packet 3 Received :7/17/10

Packet 3 Sent : 7/22/10

Interview Date : 9/3/10

Interview Result : APPROVED !!!!!!

Visa Received : 2010-09-11

US Entry : 2011-01-16

Marriage : 2011-02-25

Port of Entry : Miami

POE Date : 2011-01-16

AOS, EAD & AP

CIS Office : Miami FL

Date Filed : 2011-04-05

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

NOA1 received: 2011-04-13

BIO Appointment date notification received: 2011-04-15

BIO Appointment date: 2011-04-29

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! We would like to get some help since we are about to fill out petition.

After 1 year & 6 monhts of relationship we got engaged 11 days ago :D . We are trying to gather all necesary evidence and information to fill out the papers and make sure we dont leave anything out.

We have been reading a lot in other topics and have found advice on what kind of evidence would be relevant. like:

[*]Passports stamps

[*]Boarding passes

[*]Hotel receipts

[*]ATM receipts

[*]receipts of other expenses in the foreign country

[*]Photos (labeled)

[*]vaccination supplement and medical copies

We also have records of the times he has sent me money and of course tons of pictures.

We met during a visit he made to the company I work for for some training. He was here for 21 days that time and after that he has come back to visit me 3 more times. Since the company he works for is our business client a friend from work that has lived in the states and kind of went thru the same thing advised me to get a letter from my boss stating that I've been working there for x years and that we have business with the company he works for as our client.

Do you think this may be useful? What other information do we need?

Thank you all :help:

>VJ has been really helpful< :)

- your email that you and your fiance wrote to each other

- telephone bills

- chat history in cause you use messengers

- Police certificate

- in Thailand single certificate is required

My fiance has just sent our package to VSC too we got NOA1 in Feb and now I am waiting for NOA2 but after

Anyway good luck !!!!

Kai Thailand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

your evidence is fine and is the regular things to provide with the application. I think the letter from your boss is not useful

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We included letters like that - my fiance & I met when I was a Peace Corps volunteer teaching some classes in the hospital where he worked. I had a letter from Peace Corps saying I worked in that hospital as part of my volunteering, and he got a letter from his employer stating that he worked in that hospital during the same time period. I don't think it can hurt!

We included letters like that - my fiance & I met when I was a Peace Corps volunteer teaching some classes in the hospital where he worked. I had a letter from Peace Corps saying I worked in that hospital as part of my volunteering, and he got a letter from his employer stating that he worked in that hospital during the same time period. I don't think it can hurt!

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think a letter like that would be very useful. It would show how you two came to know each other and meet. I know it does not specifically prove you met but I think it is highly useful.

For the I-129F petition, you do not need the items mentioned by kookai. Those are necessary for the interview for the K-1 visa at the embassy or consulate where your fiance(e) will need to show some evidence of a genuine ongoing relationship.

Naturalization N-400

Thank you all for your replies! we are still trying to get all the papers together.

I believe we'll be sending the papers by the end of this month! :D

K1 VISA

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent :05/27/10

I-129F NOA1 :06/03/10

I-129F NOA2 :06/28/10

NVC Received :07/02/10

Consulate Received :7/8/10

Packet 3 Received :7/17/10

Packet 3 Sent : 7/22/10

Interview Date : 9/3/10

Interview Result : APPROVED !!!!!!

Visa Received : 2010-09-11

US Entry : 2011-01-16

Marriage : 2011-02-25

Port of Entry : Miami

POE Date : 2011-01-16

AOS, EAD & AP

CIS Office : Miami FL

Date Filed : 2011-04-05

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

NOA1 received: 2011-04-13

BIO Appointment date notification received: 2011-04-15

BIO Appointment date: 2011-04-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Thank you all for your replies! we are still trying to get all the papers together.

I believe we'll be sending the papers by the end of this month! :D

You'll be fine...as stated by someone else, the things you mentioned "may" be useful to have at the interview in Bogota. But, in the petitioning process... a few pages of photos together in various locations should be sufficient. I sent in 5 pages of photos with 4 to a page...got our approval very quickly.

Good Luck,

Franc

12.31.2009 I-129F Visa Petition rec'd at CSC

01.04.2010 I-797 NOA Receipt Notice WAC1006xxxxxx

03.02.2010 Request for Evidence: CSC wanted copy of previous divorce decree. Arrived @ CSC 03.12.1010

03.16.2010 I-797 NOA-2 Approved and sent from California Service Center 71 Days from NOA-1

03.16.2010 USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center.

03.23.2010 NVC sent file to U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica! SNJ2010XXXXXX

03.26.2010 Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 24, 2010 in the mail.

03.27.2010 File arrived @ U.S. Embassy.

04.07.2010 Embassy called for Elsie to come and get Packet #3. She will pick up April 13th.

04.08.2010 Embassy e-mailed Packet #3 to me today.

04.15.2010 Interview scheduled for 30 April 2010

04.30.2010 Visas approved...pick up everything on 5/4/2010 @ 3pm.

05.05.2010 Traveling together to the USA...POE Denver, Colorado

07.28.2010 Married today...end to a long journey with more to come!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.