lostinlove03

Tracking packet from NVC to Embassy

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone!

How do I track my packet from NVC to the Embassy? I have my case # from NVC but the operator told me there is not DHL #. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Hello everyone!

How do I track my packet from NVC to the Embassy? I have my case # from NVC but the operator told me there is not DHL #. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Good luck with that :) - K-1's are not entered in the autosystem, and most operators will just give you a canned response.

Most people will get a letter from NVC stating it was sent to the embassy - and when the embassy gets it, they will notify you and the beneficiary.

You could always email the embassy and ask for a status update.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Good luck with that :) - K-1's are not entered in the autosystem, and most operators will just give you a canned response.

Most people will get a letter from NVC stating it was sent to the embassy - and when the embassy gets it, they will notify you and the beneficiary.

You could always email the embassy and ask for a status update.

Well, my packet was fwd to the Embassy yesterday. I thought I've read on the boards that people can track their packet from NVC to Embassy but it was a while ago. So, just trying to see if I could really do that. Thanks for the help! : )

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just checked DHL site and no packages were shipped to Nairobi, Kenya yesterday or today. The DHL track post is below. It really only works for you if you know the exact date NVC shipped your petition. Sometimes they just tell it's on it's way...and in reality it just waiting to be shipped.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194465-how-to-track-your-case-from-nvc-to-embassy/page__hl__DHL

~Johnny~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I tried the directions from the link below and it worked for me. You have to give it a few days before they actually send it out and try using a few dates surrounding the date you believe it to be leaving NVC. Having this information allowed me to have everything ready when the info arrived in Kenya. I gave the Nairobi embassy 1 week before I called to make an interview. They allowed me to do this before my husband's medical was complete because we already had one scheduled and I wanted to be there for the interview. I obviously needed to know when to get a plane ticket so they were flexible. Keep in mind it is VERY hard getting a hold of someone at the Nairobi embassy. It took me a week and I had to chew someone out. Then they were very nice to me.

I just checked DHL site and no packages were shipped to Nairobi, Kenya yesterday or today. The DHL track post is below. It really only works for you if you know the exact date NVC shipped your petition. Sometimes they just tell it's on it's way...and in reality it just waiting to be shipped.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194465-how-to-track-your-case-from-nvc-to-embassy/page__hl__DHL

Timeline

I tried the directions from the link below and it worked for me. You have to give it a few days before they actually send it out and try using a few dates surrounding the date you believe it to be leaving NVC. Having this information allowed me to have everything ready when the info arrived in Kenya. I gave the Nairobi embassy 1 week before I called to make an interview. They allowed me to do this before my husband's medical was complete because we already had one scheduled and I wanted to be there for the interview. I obviously needed to know when to get a plane ticket so they were flexible. Keep in mind it is VERY hard getting a hold of someone at the Nairobi embassy. It took me a week and I had to chew someone out. Then they were very nice to me.

Thank you both! I'll try the link and hope it works for me. We got a medical scheduled for April 12th. However, my fiance is having work permit issues and has his police cert from all the other countries except for Kenya and getting through to the embassy has def. been a challenge. I'll be there for 3 weeks, so hopefully we can get the interview while I'm there.

TruLuv---did they let you in the room for the interview with him?

event.png

Timeline

THANK YOU----THANK YOU!!! This really worked. Although, AVR told me my packet was shipped 3/29--it was picked up 3/30 and at 6am this am it was in the Ohio---DHL Hub. WOWZ!! Thank you!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.