w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Flap on Children's Coverage Settled

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So, the states don't have gubmints sticking their noses into people's bidness? Or are the state gubmints the good gubmints and only the federal gubmint is the bad gubmint?

The general outline of the United States allows states to have their own laws, their own rules, and their own regulations with minimal Federal intervention. So while you may not like the way Alabama regulates thing, you can move to somewhere else like Ohio who might regulate better to your liking.

Some states over regulate, some under regulate and some have a fine balance....

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Timeline

The general outline of the United States allows states to have their own laws, their own rules, and their own regulations with minimal Federal intervention. So while you may not like the way Alabama regulates thing, you can move to somewhere else like Ohio who might regulate better to your liking.

Some states over regulate, some under regulate and some have a fine balance....

So, state gubmint = good gubmint, then?

So, the states don't have gubmints sticking their noses into people's bidness? Or are the state gubmints the good gubmints and only the federal gubmint is the bad gubmint?

dont mean to speak for paul, he does such a wonderful job of this for himself, but I will say that the smaller scale a governments jurisdiction is the better it is for the governed. I happen to live under the unfortunate circumstance where neither the federal, nor my state, nor my local level government has functioned for the betterment of its constituents in my voting adult life.

Filed: Timeline
dont mean to speak for paul, he does such a wonderful job of this for himself, but I will say that the smaller scale a governments jurisdiction is the better it is for the governed. I happen to live under the unfortunate circumstance where neither the federal, nor my state, nor my local level government has functioned for the betterment of its constituents in my voting adult life.

uhaul.jpg

uhaul.jpg

coming from you im suspicious of where you are suggesting that I take that uhaul to. the fact that you got it from a site called chicagonow.com concerns me. I will say that Pa Oh and De(still got bho and the chicago mafia to worry about) have been on my radar, however, mixing with the locals in some parts of these states does have a distinctive deliverance ring to them.

Edited by Dan T

President Ronald Reagan once observed, "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"(I had been wondering who said those words first) Those who promote "big government" with all its welfare programs and social engineering believe government agencies and money can and should solve all problems of life.

At the same time, many of us who yearn for a return to "small government" that sticks to its limited roles and powers are tempted to agree with founding-era patriot Thomas Paine who said that "government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil."

How about Alaska? Sarah seems to have made that place into a paradise for folk with your mindset.

well if they ever figure out how to import weather from a habitable part of the world i just might consider it, but then it would prolly attract the politics that I loath along side the freedom lovers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

well if they ever figure out how to import weather from a habitable part of the world i just might consider it, but then it would prolly attract the politics that I loath along side the freedom lovers.

See: Texas

The influx of people here over the course of the past decade is honestly annoying. Too many people bring their politics with them and it's pure idiocy. If more people realized the reason why they left their home state and came here is because WE DO THINGS BETTER and stopped trying to change things all the damn time, everyone would be better off. People often aren't smart enough to realize that opportunity has a lot to do with politics when it comes down to it all, and then they wonder why things go to ###### the moment they get whomever they want in office to be there...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!