Help786

221g, When do we get visa now?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

Does anyone know when they stamp the passport with the US visa after waiver approval. We have submitted our documents and passport to VFS Mumbai, India?

Here is our case, my spouse was interviewed after our waiver was approved from New Delhi because of the over one-year rule but during the interview they handed a note saying that you must submit a new affidavit before we can issue visa on your passport. We have submitted the affidavit of support two days ago and yet we have not heard anything back and we have checked the VFS office and they also have not received the passport.

Does anyone know how long it takes from embassy in Mumbai, India before the visa is issue on the passport?

Thanks.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I think you at least need to wait 10 days before you start worrying.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I hope this will be helpfull.... 5 weeks is written on consulate website & mostly they take one month.

Below is my timeline.

So Interview was 1/25/2010 (new delhi)

Document and Passport Submit 2/4/2010

Visa Issue email recived 3/11/2010

Recived passport on 3/12/2010

I suggest wait and email the embassy often to chk the status. Plz look for my post for more details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I hope this will be helpfull.... 5 weeks is written on consulate website & mostly they take one month.

Below is my timeline.

So Interview was 1/25/2010 (new delhi)

Document and Passport Submit 2/4/2010

Visa Issue email recived 3/11/2010

Recived passport on 3/12/2010

I suggest wait and email the embassy often to chk the status. Plz look for my post for more details.

We submitted passport on 2/24/2010 and got passport back March 5, 2010 with the AP letter. I hope its only a month for us. Still waiting for the visa issue email.

I know like me there must be lot of people waiting for the response through dropbox.After my pathetic experience with bombay Visa consulate,my wife was asked to put all required docs in VFS Dropbox.After 16 days of long wait she got her Visa. I have experienced that VFS site updates the status of your passport, till yesterday they were showing they have received the Visa and going to courier it. Also they will give u all the track number etc and the delivery date once they receive the passport.All the best to those who are still waiting for the response. I can understand the pain but unfortunately there is no other option other then wait and watch.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How is it going Starlight? Any news? It has been about 5 weeks now. Hope you hear something soon!

Hi Menina,

The usual AP. I got an email after a few weeks of not hearing from them that we are in internal processing and then right after that we are in administrative review. They responded to the congressional inquiry stating that our file is pending administrative processing. Its been more then 5 weeks now. I don't know what is taking so long.

Star

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.