Jared and May

Medical today at St Luke's

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I confirmed that our visa packet is in Manila now. Should be delivered to the USEM on Monday. I will call them my Wednesday evening to book for an interview in mid June (May wants an October wedding so this should timeline quite nicely.

Since I will be in the Philippines from 4/10 to 5/1, I will go with May to her medical done, probably the week of the 19th.

If I read the posts here correctly, we can just show up with our NOA2 and her passport (although we might have the letter from NVC by then as well).

I see all the people who have posted on this thread and it feels like I have been reading most of your posts for a very long time and now we are all going through the process at the same time as well.

Good luck one and all!

Adam & May

----------------K1 Journey---------------

02/01/2010 - Sent I-129F sent to CSC Express Mail

02/03/2010 - Date on NOA1

02/09/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in mail

03/18/2010 - NOA2 approval mailed by CSC (per USCIS.org)43 Days from NOA1

03/23/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

06/18/2010 - Interview Passed PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!!

07/02/2010 - Visa received!

07/03/2010 & 07/05/2010 - PRISM Seminar & CFO Sticker (We are all set

08/08/2010 - May's POE Detroit, MI USA

09/24/2010 - Received SSN Card

10/08/2010 - Wedding

----------------AOS Journey---------------

12/07/2010 - Submitted AOS/EAD Package

12/14/2010 - NOA1 Received

12/27/2010 - Biometrics Completed

01/20/2011 - AOS Transfered to CSC

01/26/2011 - AOS Received by CSC

02/16/2011 - EAD Approved

N/A - AOS Appointment

02/22/2011 - AOS Appproved

02/26/2011 - EAD Card Received

02/27/2011 - Green Card Received

01/19/2013 - Mailed I-751

##/##/2013 - NOA1 Received

##/##/2013 - BIometrics Appointment

##/##/2013 - Interview

##/##/2013 - 10 Year Green Card Issued

FV%20US%20-%20Reg.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep all you need is the MNL case number, NOA2, Passport, 4 passport photos (US spec), a pen, something to pass the time, and patience. Only the applicant can go inside St. Lukes. I tried to go with my wife, but I ended up waiting outside. She can have her cell phone and you can txt or call back and forth.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Hey thanks! Yeah, my Wilma had a friend that went through the CFO in Cebu. And after hearing her friend's story, she was more scared of going through CFO than doing the medical or the interview. So, I read up on VJ and discovered not all CFO's are created equal...she's ok now and will do the PRISM one after her medical :whistle:

So you guys will be together soon!! We all love to hear success stories!! :luv:

sorry, but can you please explain what the "CFO" is and also "PRISM". My Fiance is getting ready to have her medical in a week or so. And this is the first time i have seen these terms?

PRISM is a place to take it at... it is in manila. This seminar is called the PDOS (Pre-departure orientation seminar)

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=297&Itemid=77

Check this one out too.. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/images/stories/mapmanila.jpg

PRISM is People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Does anyone know where PRISM is (for the CFO) in Manila? Their hours of operation? Requirements? Maybe any website? Cost? :help:

See Scott's link above.

Timeline

I just spoke with her again, she said there's just a sea of people.. The guard made an announcement about having an original copy of the invitation letter.. We didn't receive that and I hope they won't send her back home..

I told her to just provide them with the MNL case # and tell them that they never sent us a copy.. Here's hoping it goes smooth.. :thumbs:

BTW - Rebtel rocks, very clear and easy to use. I just call a local number and it routes me to her phone.. Wow, ayuz!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

To Jared and May ... I know that Milagros successfully done with her medical and eventually her emabassy interview. I have a question. I saw your this thread that Milagros was able to go to Medical without the the invitation or appointment letter from embassy. My fiance is attempting to have her medical this week. She has only the email copy of approved NOA2 and the MNL# (which I got from NVC last night over the phone). Is this sufficient enought to proceed to her medical. I saw your thread that Milagros said that the USEM didnt send the appointment/inviation letter. Did you only provided the NOA2 and wrote the MNL#? ... Thanks in advance for your immediate response. When will be her interview... thanks again. :D

Timeline

To Jared and May ... I know that Milagros successfully done with her medical and eventually her emabassy interview. I have a question. I saw your this thread that Milagros was able to go to Medical without the the invitation or appointment letter from embassy. My fiance is attempting to have her medical this week. She has only the email copy of approved NOA2 and the MNL# (which I got from NVC last night over the phone). Is this sufficient enought to proceed to her medical. I saw your thread that Milagros said that the USEM didnt send the appointment/inviation letter. Did you only provided the NOA2 and wrote the MNL#? ... Thanks in advance for your immediate response. When will be her interview... thanks again. :D

Yes, your fiancee just needs the MNL # and a copy of the NOA2 form is helpful I think...

She already interviewed, and they said she was approved but they can't find her medical forms. I just called and they said that the form is still with the immigration officer. I was polite and told her that thank you and I'll follow up again soon.

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Timeline

thanks jared and may.... i will tell my fiancee to get her medical this week with only the email NAO2 copy and the MNL# which I verbally told her over the phone (which I got from NVC, and confirmed it again today, to make it sure it's the correct and right MNL#)... thanks again... hope she pass the medical and will schedule the interveiw soon, maybe next week.

...i will tell my fiancee to get her medical this week with only the email NAO2 copy and the MNL#...

Those will work. :thumbs:

Timeline

Those will work. :thumbs:

My fiancee went to St. Luke's yesterday with our NOA2 email copy and MNL# just written down on the my email sent to her (which I got verbally from NVC). The guard didnt allow her to proceed her medical since she still had her menstruation and besides she doenst have the appt letter from NVC(?). But if she didnt have her menstruation, there is possibility that she could go but the guardian has to check inside the office.

I am really confused what the guard (St. Luke's need). A email copy of my NOA2 and what letter (?). I thought MNL# which I got verbally from NVC.

Well, I called NVC today 4/15 and told me that they will send today. I check and track the pkg and it will be sent today and saw the DHL# trking sending to Manila Phil.

Thanks

That is weird...they may have told her not to bother with the medical because she had her menstration. they should have let her in to do it though.

When you said NOA2 email copy...are you talking about the e-mail the site gives you when it is approved or the actual NOA2 I-797? You need an actual copy of the NOA2 I-797 that comes from the USCIS.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Timeline

That is weird...they may have told her not to bother with the medical because she had her menstration. they should have let her in to do it though.

When you said NOA2 email copy...are you talking about the e-mail the site gives you when it is approved or the actual NOA2 I-797? You need an actual copy of the NOA2 I-797 that comes from the USCIS.

It's actual copy of the NOA2 I-797 which I received by mail from USCIS and sent an attached copy via email to my fiancee. This is what she showed to the guard with my email stating her MNL#. But if she didnt have her menstruation, there might be a possibility that she went through but the guard needed to check inside though.

Since I got a confirmation that NVC sent today 4/15 to USEM, when is the best time to call USEM for the interview appt? What document am I going to receive from NVC and/or USEM?

Thanks again..and congrats to you guys... been following up your great success!!

i would wait until monday here in the states to call (tuesday in the PI)...or about 2-3 business days after the embassy receives the package from the NVC. Yours should be there on monday PI time...so by wednesday PI time I would call them.

Ours was received on a friday and I called on a tuesday in the PI...they said they sent out an appointment letter the day prior. Things may be a little different for you since it is a K-1, but it never hurts to call and ask.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.