yankepeach

At the interview to apply for his Visa

8 posts in this topic

Okay so suppose we get all of the I-129F sent in, get no RFE's, get NOA1 NOA2, get the notice from the Embassy with packet 3(?) and it's time for his interview.... How is he suppose to have all of the evidence of meeting if part of said evidence, is my passport unless I am present? Do I need to be there? Would it look bad if I were not? Would it help if I were?

You can stand me at the gates of hell, but I wont back down.
AOS Filed 02/01 however used wrong forms
refiled 2/22
NOA 3/1
BIO 3/18
Transfer 3/14
Touched 3/18
AP Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
EAD Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
GREEN CARD APPROVED WITH NO
INTERVIEW AND NO HAVING
TO TRANSCRIBE HIS SHOT RECORDS! 4/18!(WASN'T NOTIFIED TILL 4/19)

Applied for lifting of conditions 02/27/2013
NOA1 March 4
BIO April 2

RFE received 07/25

Returned RFE recieved 08/19

NOW WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH

APPROVED 9/9/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If you are using entry stamps in your passport as proof of meeting send certified copies of all the relevant pages including the personal details page.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay so suppose we get all of the I-129F sent in, get no RFE's, get NOA1 NOA2, get the notice from the Embassy with packet 3(?) and it's time for his interview.... How is he suppose to have all of the evidence of meeting if part of said evidence, is my passport unless I am present? Do I need to be there? Would it look bad if I were not? Would it help if I were?

You don't need to be at the interview and aren't expected to be. My sense reading people's experiences is that having both people at the embassy doesn't make a visa more likely.

If you are using entry stamps in your passport as proof of meeting send certified copies of all the relevant pages including the personal details page.

Do you mean notarized?

You don't need to be at the interview and aren't expected to be. My sense reading people's experiences is that having both people at the embassy doesn't make a visa more likely.

Thanks I was wondering. I would have dropped everything and ran if needed be, but if not, we can use that money better else where like his AOS.

refiled 2/22
NOA 3/1
BIO 3/18
Transfer 3/14
Touched 3/18
INTERVIEW AND NO HAVING

NOA1 March 4
BIO April 2

RFE received 07/25

APPROVED 9/9/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Do you mean notarized?

Yes same thing

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

London is easy. They don't ask to see further proof of your relationship at the interview. This is different than what you will read, for example, about people interviewing in Manila. You provide relationship and meeting in person proof with your I-129F petition to the USCIS. At the interview, the only thing the US citizen needs to provide is the I-134 Affidavit of Support with at least two good proofs of income, ie latest complete tax return (W-2 is part of that)or a tax transcript, letter from employer, financial statements if you have substantial savings/investments you want considered, about three most recent pay stubs, etc. They don't need to see your passport. A copy of that is already in the file of papers from your I-129F.

The person going to the interview will bring documents as listed on this page. Click the links for more detail.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

He will bring photocopies of any originals he wants back like his birth certificate. They look at the original, then file the photocopy he provides.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

London is easy. They don't ask to see further proof of your relationship at the interview. This is different than what you will read, for example, about people interviewing in Manila. You provide relationship and meeting in person proof with your I-129F petition to the USCIS. At the interview, the only thing the US citizen needs to provide is the I-134 Affidavit of Support with at least two good proofs of income, ie latest complete tax return (W-2 is part of that)or a tax transcript, letter from employer, financial statements if you have substantial savings/investments you want considered, about three most recent pay stubs, etc. They don't need to see your passport. A copy of that is already in the file of papers from your I-129F.

The person going to the interview will bring documents as listed on this page. Click the links for more detail.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

He will bring photocopies of any originals he wants back like his birth certificate. They look at the original, then file the photocopy he provides.

Thanks! I was scratching my head wondering what needed to be sent over there as far as my originals and not that I wouldn't give em over to my fiance ...I wouldn't want to lose them in the crossing of 4000 miles.

refiled 2/22
NOA 3/1
BIO 3/18
Transfer 3/14
Touched 3/18
INTERVIEW AND NO HAVING

NOA1 March 4
BIO April 2

RFE received 07/25

APPROVED 9/9/2013

Thanks! I was scratching my head wondering what needed to be sent over there as far as my originals and not that I wouldn't give em over to my fiance ...I wouldn't want to lose them in the crossing of 4000 miles.

The embassy only needs to see his original info (birth cert, police cert, etc .. the items on the list). You don't need to send any original documents.. just photocopies. You can do what you think is best with having things notorized, but in Oct 2009 when we were approved, they were not requiring anything related to the USC to be notorized.

Edited by Snowbunnies

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.