Gumbolette

Why there are pinays out there who feels so conceited about theirselves once they arrived here in the States?

153 posts in this topic

I think bmtrrbt meant people in general. Wag makialam sa buhay ng may buhay - mapa-pinoy man o ibang lahi. If they're becoming dumber and dumber, so? It's not your life to care about. It's not even your loved ones'.. If you aren't one of those Filipinos, whom you said, think highly of themselves so much, then why feel so aggravated. Everyone is different, there are reasons why people change, why people act dumb, why people feel jealous, why people are this and that. Me mga kababayan din naman tayo sa Pinas, like galing sa Visayas or Mindanao, nakatuntong lang ng Manila eh di na marunong magsalita ng sarili nilang dialect like Bisaya. It's pretty much the same.

One shouldn't have to air out something like this JUST SO TO MAKE THEMSELVES AWARE THAT THEY SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THEM.

100% agree to the statement above. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

i cant speak for pinays but i know with my husband things are expected when he is in his country but when he gets away from the expectations he becomes lazy and dont follow the same thing as if he were at home in syria.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

ngayon ko lang nabasa 'tong thread na ito and I completely agree to most of the comments. 5 years na ako dito sa San Diego and this is one of the places where there are a lot of Filipinos because of the bases so madami na rin akong na-experience na ganyan.

Pero ang hindi ko makalimutan yung na-encounter ko sa isang Chinese Resto na turo-turo style:

An elder Pinoy infront of me were asking the Chinese cook for peking duck (while pointing to a cooked duck infront of him), the cook said:"we don't have peking duck".

The elder pinoy suddenly got mad at the Chinese cook at biglang nagmumura sa tagalog:"I said I want peking duck, @#@!#$!#$, I can see peking duck in front of me!@#@$#$#@$#@".

Then the cook said:"THAT IS NOT PEKING DUCK!". Pahiya yung matanda, gusto ko sana hiritan or pagsabihan kaya lang baka ako naman magmukhang bastos sa harap ng matanda.

Biglang tumingin sakin yung anak nung matanda, nahiya yata sa asal ng tatay niya. :lol:

11/05/09 - Sent I-130 for mother via snail mail

11/13/09 - Received NOA1

03/05/10 - Received NOA2

03/11/10 - Case entered into NVC system, MNL case # assigned

03/18/10 - Sent DS3032 via E-mail

03/24/10 - DS3032 entered into NVC system

03/25/10 - Received IV Fee bill by E-mail, PAID both IV and AOS Fees on-line

03/26/10 - AOS Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for 2009 Tax Transcript from IRS)

03/29/10 - IV Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for mother's documents from the Philippines)

04/09/10 - Sent AOS Package by snail mail

04/12/10 - NVC received AOS package

04/19/10 - Sent IV Package by snail mail

04/21/10 - NVC received IV package

04/28/10 - AOS accepted (received checklist re:IV package even if NVC received it already)

05/03/10 - Sign In FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!

05/05/10 - AVR message: "CASE COMPLETED ON 05/04/10"

05/12/10 - Received interview letter via e-mail

05/17-18/10 - Medical Exam

06/16/10 - Interview Appointment @ the Embassy (Canceled because of sputum and culture test, 2 months waiting)

08/05/10 - New Interview Appointment

08/07/10 - Visa delivered 2 days after interview

08/27/10 - LAX P.O.E.

A GOOD ADVICE TO ALL THE FILIPINAS WHO ACT LIKE THIS!!!

You are bringing the Phillipines to the United States, and it is a far better thing to do than to try to hide or forget who you are. Be strong and bring your own desires to share something only you can do. Don't try to be something you hope people will like, but be something they have missed and didn't know.

In otherwords,be brave and strong. Carry your love close to your heart and never forget your heritage and where you came from.

Exactly!!!!

I fell in love with my wife because of who she is and how she is!!!!

I pray she will NEVER become Americanized!!!

Will she change over the course of her life...yes...

Will I change over the course of my life....yes...

Hopefuly...prayerfuly....it will be that we change for the better becoming more of the "one" God wishes us to be!!!

She is who she is because of how she has been raised and because of the things she has learned living her life.

Her heritage IS a part of her heart....to destroy that would destroy her.....I pray it will NEVER happen then.

IT IS WHY I LOVE HER WITH ALL MY HEART!!!! (L)

This works both ways too. I just spoke with my wife - she's still there in Manila staying with her brothers after having passed her interview and getting her visa. One of the neighbors there was chatting with her brothers wife. This neighbor was curious why my wife was there so she told them - just in casual conversation. Apparently now, the majority of people living there are treating my wife and her family there pretty bad. Lots of rude looks and comments. The lady who lives below them has made a ton of complaints and I guess a drunken neighbor came by tonight to tell them that the owner want's them to move! They've lived there for quite some time but now that the "soon to be Americana" is there the neighbors aren't so neighborly :bonk:

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Well, OK...I'll share mine with a filipina during my trips abroad few years ago. Here it goes....

One day, my friends/co-workers and I went to the grocery store, as we were browsing around we saw (we knew she was) a "filipina" coming on our way. One of my friends approached her and said "Hi" to her, but the "filipina" ignored my friend and pretended she did not hear her. So, then my other friend said, well, she didn't hear ya so OK my turn. My friend then approached the "pinay" and asked her with a friendly smile..."Hey, are you a filipina? The woman (she was in her 30s) have finally answered and said (with an attitude) NO, I'm not a filipina (with her trying hard accent) and walked away from us, fast. mad.gif My friends and I just laughed, then formed a plan to trick her and so on. yes.gif

To cut the story short, we trapped the filipina over at the end of the isle where she was at and stomped her foot pretended it was an accident. The filipina was shocked and out of a sudden, she said, "ARAY!!!"rofl.gif

We laughed and said, OH! MASAKIT BA?! Ipokrita! devil.gif and we left the grocery laughing.rofl.gif

Hindi bago sa akin ang ugaling ganyan, and frankly, it never bothered me at all. Dahil para sa akin, bakit ako magpapa-apekto sa mga taong ganyan sa paligid ko kung hindi naman nila ako pinapakialaman!?

Being a visayan, I disagree with other poster's have said about us (the visayans). Yes, there are some that have this kinda of "mayabang and I forgot the dialect attitude", pero hindi lahat ng visayan ay ganyan. So, ang husgahan ang isang tao base sa lugar na pinaggalingan niya ay isang ka-ipokritahan, makitid ang utak at walang pinag-aralan.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

A GOOD ADVICE TO ALL THE FILIPINAS WHO ACT LIKE THIS!!!

You are bringing the Phillipines to the United States, and it is a far better thing to do than to try to hide or forget who you are. Be strong and bring your own desires to share something only you can do. Don't try to be something you hope people will like, but be something they have missed and didn't know.

In otherwords,be brave and strong. Carry your love close to your heart and never forget your heritage and where you came from.

Very well said Cathy. :thumbs:

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys! most of you here were rigth...of all the people i really hate is the abbusive one, i mean abusing the kindness of others. maybe they think that their husband is madly inlove to them that is why they keep asking anything without thinking that it may give debt to their american husband...i stay here in US for 6 months but i never ask anything to my husband. and i am not going to ask him anything not unless i really need.

Still no lock, impressive! :thumbs:. Here Hopp :pop: Be patient, it's coming :clock::rofl:

-USCIS-

-NVC-

-INTERVIEW-

-ROC-

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

To cut the story short, we trapped the filipina over at the end of the isle where she was at and stomped her foot pretended it was an accident. The filipina was shocked and out of a sudden, she said, "ARAY!!!"rofl.gif

We laughed and said, OH! MASAKIT BA?! Ipokrita! devil.gif and we left the grocery laughing.rofl.gif

Hindi bago sa akin ang ugaling ganyan, and frankly, it never bothered me at all. Dahil para sa akin, bakit ako magpapa-apekto sa mga taong ganyan sa paligid ko kung hindi naman nila ako pinapakialaman!?

That was not very nice. If, as you say, that you do not let Pinay indifference affect you, why go to such extent as to hurt an innocent person who was minding her own business just to prove your point? She chose to ignore your friendly overtures but she did not deserve to be assaulted like that. You could have been sued for malicious mischief or assault.

Edited by Pinay Wife

That was not very nice. If you say that you are not affected by Pinay indifference, why go to such extent as to hurt another person just to prove your point? She was minding her own business and chose to ignore your friendly overtures but she did not deserve to be treated like that. You could have been sued for malicious mischief or assault.

Well, I didn't elaborate the whole story, but frankly the incident was kinda little bit pecular to me and how she responded to our approach. Her demeanor towards us was not really friendly at all when she know we were just trying to be nice and friend with her. However it doesn't justify what we did. I was personally not the one who stomped her foot but I'm not saying I'm innocent coz I was part of the group. I agree, nobody deserve to be treated as such and we should've just left her alone regardless of how she treated us.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Can you tell me why this thread needs to be locked? Did I miss something?

Pinay Wife

VJ Mod Team

No wife, it's just that USUALLY this kind of thread winds up in a mele. I wasn't hoping for it, just looking ahead :thumbs:

-USCIS-

-NVC-

-INTERVIEW-

-ROC-

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Filed: Timeline

Well, OK...I'll share mine with a filipina during my trips abroad few years ago. Here it goes....

One day, my friends/co-workers and I went to the grocery store, as we were browsing around we saw (we knew she was) a "filipina" coming on our way. One of my friends approached her and said "Hi" to her, but the "filipina" ignored my friend and pretended she did not hear her. So, then my other friend said, well, she didn't hear ya so OK my turn. My friend then approached the "pinay" and asked her with a friendly smile..."Hey, are you a filipina? The woman (she was in her 30s) have finally answered and said (with an attitude) NO, I'm not a filipina (with her trying hard accent) and walked away from us, fast. mad.gif My friends and I just laughed, then formed a plan to trick her and so on. yes.gif

Being a visayan, I disagree with other poster's have said about us (the visayans). Yes, there are some that have this kinda of "mayabang and I forgot the dialect attitude", pero hindi lahat ng visayan ay ganyan. So, ang husgahan ang isang tao base sa lugar na pinaggalingan niya ay isang ka-ipokritahan, makitid ang utak at walang pinag-aralan.

Wow! That is a very bad attitude. Maybe you and your friends looked mean to her in the first place that is why she decided to just ignore all of you? Why would you force a person to act nice to you? You acted like you were in-charge of her …that is nasty.

You and your friends could have been in trouble if that person called the cops and filed complains against you. I hope your good friend didn’t break any bone in that poor pinay’s foot.

Please remember that you have to maintain a good behavior if you plan to apply for Naturalization in the future.

If it was me, I don’t know maybe we will end up in court and it will be a messy one.

725451hqye09hovg.gif

Been there, done that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.