*SunRay*

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 25!

4,433 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Girl!! I already booked my tickets :yes:

My only worry is getting this medical done. Would hate for him to have to travel to Kingston for the medical- hope they can fit him in in Mobay. The info sheet says something about it being scheduled 10-14 days prior- which is cuttin it close. But I heard somewhere that you get it done and actually go pick it up yourself and take to the interview? Can anyoen clarify for me? :blink:

Congrats on the interview, When my Husband did his medical in Kingston it was pretty fast he had a appointment on a Monday and picked his results up on the Thursday or Friday.

Edited by Always Blessed

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

Yep you should call today to schedule it. Like right now. And yes you can pick it up and take it to the interview with you.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Good day all!!! Congrats Dillon on hubby passing road test.

I feel beat right now. I was @ bank writing statements about fraudulent activity on acct, had to file a police report b/c of amount of purchases(over$700), & then headed to work late. I'm tired & irritated that I fell prey to some dutty no good fellon. Bank is doing there investigation & assured me they'll return all my funds. As far as PayPal, I kindly called them back & requested they close my account w/ them PRONTO!!! So I hope nothing else happens. I also signed up for some " checking perks package." It basically alerts you of purchases made w/my cards, change in credit report & or inquiries, & you get rewards like coupons & discounts.

Anyhow, take care!!!! & I will try to do the same

Sorry this happened to you. The alerts are a good thing but can becoming annoying. I hope they get it taken care of fast. Take care

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yep you should call today to schedule it. Like right now. And yes you can pick it up and take it to the interview with you.

ok! can I schedule for him? or.....

Congrats on the interview, When my Husband did his medical in Kingston it was pretty fast he had a appointment on a Monday and picked his results up on the Thursday or Friday.

Oh good! Ok, thanks :)

Timeline

ok! can I schedule for him? or.....

Oh good! Ok, thanks :)

Congrats Girl.....all is going as planned...He will be here for the plans in June :thumbs:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

Yes you can schedule it for him.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Congrats Girl.....all is going as planned...He will be here for the plans in June :thumbs:

Yup! But Im still a lil freaked out that we got it so early - I just hope he can get to the medical center in Mobay-

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

I have a bunch to reply to but I'm feeling some urgency that I just need to put some business out here first. I may need to be talked down off the ledge so to speak today. I'm gonna preface by stating that I'm not distraught, not very upset, nothing....just sort of matter-of-fact about what I'm feeling right now. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions or decisions but I'm definitely mulling things over. So here it is:

My hubby is a chronic liar. Since we have lived together full-time since he arrived here, all of the lying has become more apparent. He lies about the smallest of things at times & although I don't necessary think (or want to accuse him) he's cheating, he's behaved in ways that are suspect & it's really coming to light now that he's on my cell phone plan & I can monitor things. I really don't want to go into detail cause it would be too long but basically, I've caught him in lies all along but have a specific incident on Saturday that I was able to directly call him on a lie because I could see the phone log. He received a call while we were out Saturday & I could hear it was a pretty basic (albeit short) conversation with a female. He said he'd give a call later & the response was like this (with a high-pitched very feminine voice), "Oookaaaaaaaay byyyyyyyyyyeeeeee!" After I asked who it was he tried to pass it off like it was a 'new person' at his school who is a tranny (we have many around here so it is conceivable). Well, checking the phone log this morning I saw that it was the same friend who is in his 'soccer gang' who is supposedly a girlfriend of one of his guy friends. I've called him on this before but I don't have a problem with him having female friends as long as they respect our marriage so I just let it go at that time. He tries to tell me that his friend (whose girlfriend he talks to) doesn't have his own phone (YEAH RIGHT!) so he always uses his girlfriend's phone (is this making any sense??). Well, WHATEVER. I haven't met these friends yet but I'm going to for sure now....who cares if they're young & will ridicule him about his fat, old wife. I'm also going to start answering the house phone now. I used to leave that to him cause it was always for him but now I'm going to make my presence KNOWN!

But the real problem is, he just plain lies...about his phone calls, about his friends, about random ish around the house, etc. etc. etc. I'm nearly ready to file for divorce. We've had this discussion on several occasions that he has a lying problem & I told him if he doesn't change that, I will never be able to trust him. If I can't trust him about the little things, how will I trust him when the big issues arise?? Again, I'm not distressed or depressed, I'm not all that angry, I'm just feeling exhausted with this all. Also, lately he's been slacking (again) with helping me out around the house, etc. & frankly, I'm tired of doing everything I always did for myself & now for one more person on top of it. I'll defer to the Madea quote now, "I can do bad ALL BY MYSELF!" Anyway, we may seek counseling although he doesn't want to go or we may try other things but I've been scouring this web site about lying in relationships http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/ & I'm not really sure compulsive/chronic liars can be 'cured'. I know I can't live with that....to me that is a seriously fatal flaw. I'm by no means perfect but if there's one thing I am, it's HONEST. I've been honest to him about everything & he is not returning the favor. Well, WHEW....just writing this out felt much better! I'm ready for any responses....don't temper your responses, if I wanted to be coddled or told the easy stuff, I wouldn't have put this out there.

Timeline

Help!

Interview is May 5th - how does this medical thing work again? Do we have enuff time to get it done prior to the interview?

How you gonna start a thread and ask the same question in the yardie thread headbonk.gif I answered you in the other thread..laughing.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This made me smile.. I'm so glad in the end it all worked out.

Hey guys... Dada, Den, and all else, me luv unu fi the support and lovely comments. Just got back from CS and got him re-do the first page of my medical (another $35 after the $340 we coughed up for everything :angry: )

But yes, God is good and we should be sending AOS off today (though hubby lazy lol) or more like tomorrow...

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

On another note, We received hard copies of our NOA's today in the mail kicking.gif onward bounddddddddddddd!!! :)

Congrats Tee! :dance:

We all have different views/opinions of what marriage should be and should not be. As you can see, Im not the babying, coddling type.. If you want to be treated like a man, you just need to act as such. I love teaching, helping, showing, but somethings you have to stand up and do it for yourself. I believe in independence when necessary.

Only you yourself can gauge what type of marriage/relationship you want through communication. That's the key! heart.gif

I couldn't agree more with all of this! :yes:

Timeline

Hey Yardies,

Ivan got his AP and EAD in the mail yesterday!! He screamed when he opened the letter because its feels like we have been waiting forever.

I had to chime in on the phone discussion because we just had this same issue last week. He called a girl that he used to talk to that lives in the area. His goal was to link the girl up with one of his friends back in JA. The day that he spoke with her, she asked him if his wife approved of them talking. He later that day asked if I would mind being her friend and them talking. And I'm like "For what?". Why would I want to be her friend? He then later tells me that he is trying to link her with his friend. I'm sitting here thinking what kind of chick would date you, then date your friend. I just thought the suggestion was crazy. Two days later I see that she has called two days in a row and the conversations are lasting way too long. So of course, I asked him about it. Long story short, we had a long discussion about and we called her to confirm their conversation. She was really cool and respectful of our relationship. She even told me that she was concerned that I would not be ok with them talking and asked him about it. The bottom line is that I don't feel like there is a reason for my man to communicate with previous chicks. She is in the past for a reason. He didn't really understand why I wasn't feeling it. But I just think its disrespectful. Not to mention, everyone is not respectful of your relationship and many people can't stand to see you happy, so they cause drama because they are unhappy. My point is don't open the door for potential drama when you don't have to. People are in your past for a reason, so that is where they need to stay. I admit I check my phone bills, but hubby knew that I was somewhat insecure based on past relationships and knew that it was his burden to prove that he was different. I feel like you have to do what's best for your relationship and express when you are unhappy with something. Otherwise, they will assume that its ok. As far as BM, I don't have a problem with that. I feel like its appropriate to converse with them whenever necessary because I do the same with my BF. I call to let him know how her day went, if she got in trouble, etc..And she is 7 years old. I think both parents should be fully involved in their child's life, even if they are not together. And whatever it takes to raise that child has to be done. As long as both parents are respectful of the significant others. Just my 2 cents...

Congrats Char & Ivan!

Very good points all around but I really agree with why open that door? :thumbs:

I agree with you ladies and if I were in your shoes, id probably feel the same.. cept my hubby pays his own bill and we are on different plans... so im not going looking for nothing because if it comes out he is talking to someone else I will approach it and if something should happen in our relationship where he feels like this aint working, I guess he better start making his way back to JA. Certain things I just aint tolerating.... Everyone dont have to agree, its just me!

I'm right there with ya mi fren!

Timeline

Ells...I feel for you. The only think I can say is you really need to communicate with him regarding your feelings and the consequences of his behavior. We are grown people and NO ONE should have to be running behind anyone making sure that they are following the vows that they have made to one another. It is exhausting and draining as you have said.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

you dont have any prepaid plans that are unlimited in your area..

We do, but they're $60 a month! Shoot, I don't even pay that much for my plan! That's what I pay now pre-tax to have him added to my plan. Anything more is just not in the budget right now.

Hey!! I'm all alone on here. I just read a few pages to catch up.

Thanks for the condolensces. It was my grand uncle who past away. He was 93. He lived his life to the fullest as determined by the creator. Of course family is sad but Uncle lived to see 93 which is a true blessing. In regards to some of our issues on here, he wouldve said " nuh worry urself. Everything criss."

Congrats Charandivan on receiving the AP & EAD in the mail.

MzMorgan, you two heading to JA already?! Go on w/your bad self heading back to yard so soon.

I too am guilty of the "big foot" club. I however describe my feet as being long. No fatness @ all on it. Just narrow & bony.

Dens, it will continue to get better. Try don't make telephone thing mash up unnu good thing. It irritates me when bill is ran up but I believe we deh pon d same level now.

Now to my big issue. Today while @ work I received a phone call from PayPal about some transactions. Purchases she spoke about had me like huh?!? Or better yet #######! She immediately put in an investigation & assured me $$ shall be returned. It was like $60 or a little more in purchases. Now I was annoyed but knew I myself would look into it further when home.

Called bank & noticed checking acct is in neg status. #######! Not my style. Now I'm even more pissed & have plans to be first one @ bank to look into this. Long story short, later that night my bank calls me. They just as PayPal see some weird activity. Some a*% made over $700 worth purchases on my damn bank card!! They even had audacity to go to apple.com & buy stuff. I'm so pissed. But I'm glad they have ppl @ the banks who look out for red flags like this. Lady cancelled my card which unlinks it from acct. Have you ever!?! So 2mmrw I have to go fill out some papers about all these erroneous purchases. I'm telling you these thiefs are really something else & dem ah tek it too far espclly since they robbing poor little old me. I'm glad it was noticed though. But I write down every deposit, withdrawal, purchase. Name it. I writes it down!!! So Mr. Techy wouldn't have depleted my acct w/o me knowing. Some damn nerves. I just hope every $$ is returned in a timely fashion b/c I need my $$$.

OK. I'm done venting. Talk to every1 2mmrw, that's only if I accomplish everything @ bank as I'm intending to.

I had more to respond to with this but forgot. However, my co-worker friend JUST came in to my office to tell me that she just had a few random transactions to her bank card (which she has never lost) that came to the amount of $600!! They used it at a Shell gas station, at a Walgreens & somewhere else. We can't figure out how someone could use a card that has never been lost or stolen. Perhaps someone is making counterfeits & generating random #s & having them manually keyed in when they shop. WTH?? Hope the bank remedies this for you ASAP!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.