~ameriptian~

MENA AOS/EAD/AP Filers

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree in some cases that front loading may be very helpful but it's not always necessary. I guess it couldn't hurt to add some evidence along with the application. Y's habibitik, did you front load your app?

Like you, Staashi, our AOS interview was super quick. We had nearly no evidence other than some photos, our lease and cell bill showing a family plan. They asked us, as a couple, nearly no questions other than if we were still married. We were in and out in less than 10 mins.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow, Lisa - I can't believe you guys had a Scopes Interview. :blink: Our AOS - which was 5 years ago, was a very straightforward - Hi - here's our evidence, our pictures, our driver's licenses showing same names, yada, yada, yada. We were never separated from each other. I'm so glad you all passed and that he'll be getting his greencard - awesomeness!!! :dance:

Thanks! :D I didnt have any doubts about it and figured we would get seperated based on what I read about AOS interviews. That seems to be pretty normal at a lot of the offices. There was another couple there before us and the husband was waiting outside alone waiting for "his turn". I guess thats how they roll in Louisville.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

I agree in some cases that front loading may be very helpful but it's not always necessary. I guess it couldn't hurt to add some evidence along with the application. Y's habibitik, did you front load your app?

Like you, Staashi, our AOS interview was super quick. We had nearly no evidence other than some photos, our lease and cell bill showing a family plan. They asked us, as a couple, nearly no questions other than if we were still married. We were in and out in less than 10 mins.

Yes, that was my point.

Im glad to hear when people have easy interviews/visa journeys, and I think alot of people do. But you never know so why short change yourself and not include evidence that you already have on hand in the begining? Thats all I was saying. Of course if you dont have any evidence yet(like K1's who have to file AOS right away for instance), then dont sweat it! :)

I also frontloaded our K3 petition and during the visa interview the CO didnt want to see much evidence and it was quick and painless.

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks! :D I didnt have any doubts about it and figured we would get seperated based on what I read about AOS interviews. That seems to be pretty normal at a lot of the offices. There was another couple there before us and the husband was waiting outside alone waiting for "his turn". I guess thats how they roll in Louisville.

You had a "stokes interview". Congrats on the approval :thumbs:

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

You had a "stokes interview". Congrats on the approval :thumbs:

Thanks!

Timeline

:lol: Yes, a Stokes interview - my bad - I have other things on da brain!

I work in Orthopedics and we have a lot of scopes here :rofl:

Sorry :ot2::luv:

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

greencard.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I work in Orthopedics and we have a lot of scopes here :rofl:

Sorry :ot2::luv:

Somehow I think that USCIS likes to use a sigmoidoscope for all interviews or at least it feels that way. :lol:

Edited by Staashi

Timeline

Somehow I think that USCIS likes to use a sigmoidoscope for all interviews or at least it feels that way. :lol:

The new interview position:

79926-79927-81001-1471742tn.jpg

:devil:

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

greencard.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Glad everything went smooth and easy for you and Yazied, Lisa! You deserve all the best! :luv:

I, also, agree about front loading the petition. It doesn't hurt if not required/looked at, but it would add to the petition if needed.

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Guess I'll be frequenting VJ more again... we're about to start collecting information and filling everything out for AOS. Ahmed's been in the US for ten months now on his K3, so the clock is ticking! So far, the evidence I was going to submit is: apartment lease in both of our names, joint bank account statement, copy of Dahlia's birth certificate with both of our names on it, a utility bill, a sheet of photos... that's all i can think of at the moment. the cell phone bill is in my name, we only have one utility bill (electric)... my apartment manager would be willing to write a letter stating that she is aware that he is living at this address, i'm sure, do you think that'd be helpful?

we're thinking of hanging onto the application until mid-October before filing it, because we got married in December 2008 and want to make sure that his approval doesn't come until after we're been married for two years, but not sure about that yet. part of me just kinda wants to get it done and over with. soooo not looking forward to dealing with the uncertainty of USCIS again :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Waiting till October sounds good Amy. I think you have sufficient evidence and the letter you mentioned from the landlord may help. I think you'll have no problem getting approval. Sending you my best wishes.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Okay, so, marriage certificates... in the AOS guides it states to submit a "certified copy" of your marriage certificate... how did you go about getting a certified copy of your marriage certificate if you got married outside the US? I have one certified, translated copy of our marriage certificate that we got done while in Egypt and had translated and certified in the Embassy, but I'm not about to send that to USCIS. I am not sure if it would suffice to have a notary make a copy of the certified English translation and attest that it is a true copy? what did you guys do?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The official marriage certificate from the ministry with a translation is sufficient. No notary required. That's what we submitted and it was accepted. We submitted a copy of those two items not the originals.

Okay, so, marriage certificates... in the AOS guides it states to submit a "certified copy" of your marriage certificate... how did you go about getting a certified copy of your marriage certificate if you got married outside the US? I have one certified, translated copy of our marriage certificate that we got done while in Egypt and had translated and certified in the Embassy, but I'm not about to send that to USCIS. I am not sure if it would suffice to have a notary make a copy of the certified English translation and attest that it is a true copy? what did you guys do?

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.