~ameriptian~

MENA AOS/EAD/AP Filers

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not sure if Jax is posting on here just now however she did update us on FB. If you have there on your page...message her.

How about Miss Jackie updates us 'those who don't have facebook accounts anymore' :P

Hope it's good news...I'm starting to get worried :unsure:

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

*Bump*

ROC Timeline

Timeline

We sent our AOS packet on June 22nd. Packet was delivered to Chicago Lockbox on the 23rd. And we just received our NOA1 eNotification via email and text today.

Wish us luck! :)

If you are MENA AOS filer or the spouse of a MENA AOS filer, share your AOS progress and experience here and keep us updated!! :star:

ROC Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

10 year green card approved! :dance: I'll post more details later but it was pretty easy and the officer was nice. He interviewed me first and then brought Y in and asked the same questions.

Thanks for the bump Aya :D

another one for good measure: :dance: and a big WOOOOfriggingHOOOOO! lol

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

10 year green card approved! :dance: I'll post more details later but it was pretty easy and the officer was nice. He interviewed me first and then brought Y in and asked the same questions.

Thanks for the bump Aya :D

another one for good measure: :dance: and a big WOOOOfriggingHOOOOO! lol

Lisa

I'm so happy for you Lisa!!! kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

congrats6.jpg

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congratulations Lisa and Yazied!!! I am so happy for both of you!! :D

I'll be waiting for your full review!!

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

We just sent the AOS thing today.. now time to wait..

Yet I cannot add him to anything because of social security... but he does have a BOA account so we going on Friday to open one together and start dumping cash in it and we will start using it as our spending account.

Now my lease is due, so going to add him in July, plus going to add him on some of the bills. I honestly wanted to add him to my insurance for health but need to check if it possible with his Canadian social security.

I called the car insurance and said they can add him as a driver to our new car on the insurance using his Canadian license which is a bit of a Good news.

I guess we are doing everything with his Canadian document.. Just wish that SS is here cause he is about to lose it without a Job.

" She's my kind of rain"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Good idea Aya!

We will be filing as soon as I get my tax transcripts. Everything else is copied/completed and ready to go.

My bank wouldnt allow me to add Y because they couldnt add a non citizen via mail or something like that(there are no BofAs in KY)so we opened a new joint account at a local bank once he got his SS#.

Jax, thats great you guys have an interview already! can you add him on some utility bills and the lease at least? Only one of ours would allow me to add his name and we got him added to the lease right away of course. Also, mail addressed to both of you will help. Even if you cant show a joint account the utility bills will show a) that he shares your address and b) that you ARE comingling finances/responsibility.

Good Luck everyone!

How do you order your tax transcripts?

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Timeline

Yea Lisa!!!! That's great !

uh...we're still in the AOS process. Interview was a scathing nightmare. If there is no decision in July we will make an infopass appointment to see what the problem is.

Great to pop back in and see everyones progress :)

Jax (F)

I hope you get everything sorted out soon, Jackie. (F)

We just sent the AOS thing today.. now time to wait..

Yet I cannot add him to anything because of social security... but he does have a BOA account so we going on Friday to open one together and start dumping cash in it and we will start using it as our spending account.

Now my lease is due, so going to add him in July, plus going to add him on some of the bills. I honestly wanted to add him to my insurance for health but need to check if it possible with his Canadian social security.

I called the car insurance and said they can add him as a driver to our new car on the insurance using his Canadian license which is a bit of a Good news.

I guess we are doing everything with his Canadian document.. Just wish that SS is here cause he is about to lose it without a Job.

Good luck with your AOS process, Batta! Come join me and Olivia in AOS June 2010 Filers as well! :)

ROC Timeline

How do you order your tax transcripts?

Check the IRS link.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Timeline

Yea Lisa!!!! That's great !

uh...we're still in the AOS process. Interview was a scathing nightmare. If there is no decision in July we will make an infopass appointment to see what the problem is.

Great to pop back in and see everyones progress :)

Jax (F)

Thanks Jax!!

Im so sorry to hear. Someone told me that you had the story on your FB and I went digging for it the other day but couldnt find out what had happened. I hope its sorted out soon! (F)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Thanks Aya,Olivia and MsSheesha :D

So here is the rundown so to speak for anyone who is interested:

The officer took me back alone first and questioned me for about 20 minutes and then brought Y in to ask him the same questions.

He wrote down my answers for every ? and then checkmarked next to them as Y answered them.

he asked about meeting, our wedding, where we stayed in JO, Y's family ect...

Then he asked about our house, how many bed and baths and the furniture in our bedroom

He then asked Yazied all the same questions..

I was so nervous but I loosened up about 10 minutes in and he seemed to smile when I told stories and laughed at myself about some of the answers

He asked to see pics and the rest of the evidence was volunteered.

IE- he asked "does Y live with you at _____ st?" me: "yes, I have a lease and some other evidence showing his address is the same, would you like to see it?" him: "yes"

He only kept a copy of a utility bill, our joint account statement and maybe one other piece of evidence and the rest we took back with us. He asked if we needed copies of any of it and that was it.

Oh ya and I have to say I was quite proud of myself because I think he was impressed with our 485 packet because he asked 2 or 3 times if I had a lawyer put it together before we started the questioning. :D

And to anyone who advocates that you should not frontload your app with proof should note that during the interview he only needed a few pieces of evidence from me because he had everything else in front of him and had already reviewed the evidence and case.

:soapbox sorry: I always cringe when people advise not to frontload(for 130/129 or 485's) and that additional docs arent necessary because what harm could it do to give an officer the chance to already familarize him/herself with all of your evidence?! I would much rather be safe than sorry. After experiencing it firsthand I thought I would throw that out there :blush:

Anyway,

I cant believe after a 2+ year long journey, that we are done with immi stuff for 10 years! yaaay!

Aya and Liv,

Good luck and I hope you guys have a quick approval and maybe not even have to interview :P

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks Aya,Olivia and MsSheesha :D

So here is the rundown so to speak for anyone who is interested:

The officer took me back alone first and questioned me for about 20 minutes and then brought Y in to ask him the same questions.

He wrote down my answers for every ? and then checkmarked next to them as Y answered them.

he asked about meeting, our wedding, where we stayed in JO, Y's family ect...

Then he asked about our house, how many bed and baths and the furniture in our bedroom

He then asked Yazied all the same questions..

I was so nervous but I loosened up about 10 minutes in and he seemed to smile when I told stories and laughed at myself about some of the answers

He asked to see pics and the rest of the evidence was volunteered.

IE- he asked "does Y live with you at _____ st?" me: "yes, I have a lease and some other evidence showing his address is the same, would you like to see it?" him: "yes"

He only kept a copy of a utility bill, our joint account statement and maybe one other piece of evidence and the rest we took back with us. He asked if we needed copies of any of it and that was it.

Oh ya and I have to say I was quite proud of myself because I think he was impressed with our 485 packet because he asked 2 or 3 times if I had a lawyer put it together before we started the questioning. :D

And to anyone who advocates that you should not frontload your app with proof should note that during the interview he only needed a few pieces of evidence from me because he had everything else in front of him and had already reviewed the evidence and case.

:soapbox sorry: I always cringe when people advise not to frontload(for 130/129 or 485's) and that additional docs arent necessary because what harm could it do to give an officer the chance to already familarize him/herself with all of your evidence?! I would much rather be safe than sorry. After experiencing it firsthand I thought I would throw that out there :blush:

Anyway,

I cant believe after a 2+ year long journey, that we are done with immi stuff for 10 years! yaaay!

Aya and Liv,

Good luck and I hope you guys have a quick approval and maybe not even have to interview :P

Wow, Lisa - I can't believe you guys had a Scopes Interview. :blink: Our AOS - which was 5 years ago, was a very straightforward - Hi - here's our evidence, our pictures, our driver's licenses showing same names, yada, yada, yada. We were never separated from each other. I'm so glad you all passed and that he'll be getting his greencard - awesomeness!!! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.