dswann

CLose Place for Ukrianian Lady and Georgia Guy to meet where she will not need Visa and close for bot and warm for her

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

CLose Place for Ukrianian Lady and Georgia Guy to meet where she will not need Visa and close for bot and warm for her and beach any ideas?

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

CLose Place for Ukrianian Lady and Georgia Guy to meet where she will not need Visa and close for bot and warm for her and beach any ideas?

David

Try Bulgaria. I heard about lifting visa restrictions to Bulgaria and Romania, but not sure how it actually works. But it will be nice and warm on the coast there

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

David

Turkey. You will both need visas, but you buy them at POE, no problem. The Black Sea beaches are favorite vacation spots for Ukrainians. We have been there a few times ourselves. Suggestion...choose a resort which is geared to western visiotrs.

Another option, not close for her though, is Dominican Republic

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Egypt and Turkey come to my mind. There are good beaches available in both countries and both are easy to get into and close. We did Egypt but to Cairo not the beaches. There was no problem getting in at all and it was quite nice and safe as well.

The other one that is a bit further is Thailand. We were in Phuket which is an island and had great beaches. The sun was very hot there and even trying to avoid it we got burned. We were there in March. We also spent two days in Bangkok and there are some great sightseeing spots such as the palace and lots more.

There are good spots in the Caribbean as well. Jamiaca, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Barbados and Cuba are all easy for her to get into but of course Cuba is a bit harder for us.

Delta Airlines has a link to all the places anyone can go from any country (visa requirements) if you want to explore more options.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline

Delta Airlines has a link to all the places anyone can go from any country (visa requirements) if you want to explore more options.

To make this simpler: https://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/index.jsp

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

I'm from Atlanta as well. As some others mentioned, the Dominican Republic is an option, but the travel burden would definately be on her. For us, we did the DR because I didn't have many vacation days. Beautiful place though and great vacation! When you do decide where you'll be going make sure you check if you need travel visas for any countries you'll be travelling through as well.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

the Dominican Republic is an option, but the travel burden would definately be on her.

This will probably make me sound like a ####, but I personally believe you should be putting some of the burden on your SO in the early stages. Either make her travel a long way or pay for some of the trip herself. Almost nobody will turn down a free vacation to paradise, but when you make her bear some of the burden, it will show her commitment level.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Yes, you are right. Anna has no real money at all. I personally want to go back to her hometown.She wants a warm climate. That trip is still a option. The hard thing is 3000 for trip when I am underway with Visa and buying a car for her when she comes here and knowing her ticket to here will be around 1200 during the window we are expecting her Visa to be approved. I also am holding off buying a home until she comes want her to pick it out. I was just there in the Ukraine in Jan and would love to go back. Traveling to DR is a hope and skip from Jacksonville Fla.

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Timeline

I'm from Atlanta as well. As some others mentioned, the Dominican Republic is an option, but the travel burden would definately be on her. For us, we did the DR because I didn't have many vacation days. Beautiful place though and great vacation! When you do decide where you'll be going make sure you check if you need travel visas for any countries you'll be travelling through as well.

How t a did you make the travel arrangemnets? did you get a package? what did the cost run aprox?

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Vietnam is a popular destination for Europeans. My fiancee, before coming to the US, worked at a resort called Vinpearl in Nha Trang, Vietnam. While Vinpearl is an upscale resort, there are many very very inexpensive hotels. You can stay there for next to nothing. I usually stay in a very nice hotel for about $30-$40 USD per night but there are cheaper places that are real decent too. Nha Trang is right on the beach and there is lots of things to do. You can go to Thap Ba mineral spings for a mud bath and mineral water soak, visit Monkey Island, Yang Bay Waterfall, or many other sightseeing destinations, or just lay on the beach and soak up the sun.

If you plan ahead, a USC can get a ticket for a little over 1K round trip. Not sure how much from the Ukraine, but I can tell you there would be lots of "russians" there. People from the US have not inundated the area to date but it is popular for Russians, Germans, British, Aussies, etc..

Just a thought - good luck and best wishes.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

This will probably make me sound like a ####, but I personally believe you should be putting some of the burden on your SO in the early stages. Either make her travel a long way or pay for some of the trip herself. Almost nobody will turn down a free vacation to paradise, but when you make her bear some of the burden, it will show her commitment level.

Yes, it does, but you are used to it. :lol:

Girls don't pay....GUYS PAY. Seriously, I question this whole show-your-commitment-by-paying idea. Especially given what most Ukrainians make in wages for very hard work and long hours. I think she can show her committment in other ways, I never had any problem to undertand Alla's committment level without her paying for anything. Still don't.

I always understood her commitment just by her taking the time from working and caring for two children to speak to me on the phone 2-3 times per day and making time just for me when I visited which was rather frequently.

Certainly each couple needs to adjust their visiting schedule to their budgets and work and family obligations, and both should understand that. We actully did a budget of all our costs, expenses, visits, family expenses, living expenses, visa expenses, and don;t forget AOS and the really big expenses that you incur when they arrive (in case no one warned you about that), etc. and budgeted both her income and mine to allow for it. Well, guess who comes out paying the larger burden in that deal? It is to be expected when there is a huge discrepancy in income levels, but I appreciate working with someone as responsible adults do. I never agreed with the concept of sending huge amounts of "undocumented money" to overseas fiancees, as some people have done. It simply is irresponsible, but two adults working out a realistic budget for what will be a family is completely logical and responsible, IMHO.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

How t a did you make the travel arrangemnets? did you get a package? what did the cost run aprox?

David

No. I just did everything myself...no special packages. The flights, I looked up through a combination of kayak.com, orbitz.com, and direct airline websites. Then I did a little research on various resorts to see which had the best ratings. Most of them are similar to the idea of cruise ships...food and everything is included. Lining up the flights was probably the biggest pain, so I just made sure I arrived first, so I would be there at the airport to meet her. It was her first time flying by herself, so I had all the maps of airports printed out and where she needed to go, back up plans, etc. Figures that her plain would have serious mechanical problems and actually had to return to Amsterdam because they didn't think they would make it otherwise! (Never has happened to me in all the times I've travelled) She had to stay overnight in Amsterdam, but eventually got to the DR and we had a great vacation/reunion. Overall, she did really well handling everything.

As for her having some burden, I figured I had already made 2 trips to Ukraine and would be making another one before it was all over, so figured she could make one trip to balance things out a bit. She didn't mind at all...it was 4 months into our visa waiting, so she was ready to do anything for us to be together, again even for a few days. Definately helped us keep our sanity a bit!

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Timeline

I wouldn't go out of my way to make burden for her, but I don't have a problem having her do her part when it makes sense. You're right though that you shouldn't try to make everything like a fantasy (unless you can carry that on indefinately)...both people should expect that they are still living in the real world! That said, I do still feel like I'm living a fantasy! lol My wife is WAY better than I ever imagined she would be.

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Timeline

i would visit her in the ukraine,it is very cheap there,and she can show you around her country.what part of georgia?i am in atlanta.

I grew up in Athens, traveled the world with Marines. Worked two years for the Govenors offices and Just moved down to Kings Bay Submarine Base. Working there as a computer engineer. Waiting to buy home down here until she is here. I still have a place in Athens.

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.