onwa

How much do you pay for healthcare?

242 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Not really.

You and I can benefit in property value by our houses not burning down and the cops taking care of crime.

You and I can benefit from properly educated people running the businesses in the community, running our government, etc..

You and I benefit and prosper from our military protecting our borders and keeping us safe overall to live our lives

You and I don't really benefit though from the other living or dieing...... So health care is valuable to the individual to keep one alive, but to the mass, it really has no real benefit.

Insurance cost is not the problem, it's health care cost.

If health care costs are high, premiums are going to be high.

You can't expect an insurance company to pay-out $150,000 or more for a procedure when they are collecting $40 in premiums... It's just not feasible.

The key is to figure out where the actual cost factor is and why a certain procedures have such a high cost (usually it's in regards to drugs used, medical equipment used, disposable equipment used, risk, staff needed, etc..)

Granted, this is why I'm a fan of "Ala Carte" insurance plans if they were legal... If I could have a plan that just covered castrosphic insurance and then whatver I wanted to add on top of that, it'd be awesome.... That would help alleviate some of the premium costs in this current hostile enviroment... To some that idea may not seen ideal, but at the same time, we are a people who believes in 'choice' and you should be able to choose the coverage you feel that works best for you. --- Why do I need to pay for asthma coverage when that doesnt' effect me? Only because Government says I have to....

How about paying doctors a salary instead of fee for service? That would keep everyone's costs down.

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
How about paying doctors a salary instead of fee for service? That would keep everyone's costs down.

Well it really depends though. Doctor's salaries aren't necessarily the problem and most actually have a 'set' salary depending on who they are/where they work/etc... The median salary is right around $136,000 for family doctors. While some make more, many make much less than that.

"Greed" among doctors is usually restricted to those who only accept high-class policies OR only treat the upper-classes of society anyway. It's easier to get money from those who have money....

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!