kelli316

Wrote in wrong embassy on the I-129F

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I recently sent in my K1 Visa application (I-129F / G-325A / supporting evidence). Problem is, I wrote that my fiance would be doing his interview at the US embassy in São Paulo, Brazil and it has now come to my attention that they do not process K1 visa applications/ conduct K1 interviews at the embassy in São Paulo. I do not want our case to get delayed because it is sent to the wrong embassy. I'm thinking he will have to do his interview in Rio de Janeiro. Will the USCIS California Service Center notice this mistake and automatically send it to Rio instead? Since I sent it in so recently, I am still waiting for my NOA1. I was thinking maybe I should wait to receive the NOA1 before I call or write in about the mistake...that way I can give them our case number so they could easily look it up and correct my mistake.

Has anyone made a similar mistake?? Any advice for me??

Thanks!

Kelli

3.2.10: I-129F sent

3.5.10: NOA1 date

3.8.10: received NOA1 hardcopy

4.19.10: NOA2 date

4.26.10: NOA2 hardcopy received

4.26.10: Package received by NVC

4.28.10: Package left NVC

5.3.10: Consulate received package

5.18.10: Received packet 3/4

6.2.10: Medical Exam

6.15.10: INTERVIEW in Rio de Janeiro

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I recently sent in my K1 Visa application (I-129F / G-325A / supporting evidence). Problem is, I wrote that my fiance would be doing his interview at the US embassy in São Paulo, Brazil and it has now come to my attention that they do not process K1 visa applications/ conduct K1 interviews at the embassy in São Paulo. I do not want our case to get delayed because it is sent to the wrong embassy. I'm thinking he will have to do his interview in Rio de Janeiro. Will the USCIS California Service Center notice this mistake and automatically send it to Rio instead? Since I sent it in so recently, I am still waiting for my NOA1. I was thinking maybe I should wait to receive the NOA1 before I call or write in about the mistake...that way I can give them our case number so they could easily look it up and correct my mistake.

Has anyone made a similar mistake?? Any advice for me??

Thanks!

Kelli

USCIS won't notice your error but NVC will... They will send it to Rio.... not to worry

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
USCIS won't notice your error but NVC will... They will send it to Rio.... not to worry

THANK YOU! :)

3.2.10: I-129F sent

3.5.10: NOA1 date

3.8.10: received NOA1 hardcopy

4.19.10: NOA2 date

4.26.10: NOA2 hardcopy received

4.26.10: Package received by NVC

4.28.10: Package left NVC

5.3.10: Consulate received package

5.18.10: Received packet 3/4

6.2.10: Medical Exam

6.15.10: INTERVIEW in Rio de Janeiro

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They will send it to RJ. Don't worry!

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.