19 posts in this topic

By itself, the regular tetanus booster (for adults) is recommended every 10 years if there's been no injury during that time.

Interstingly, this seems to only be the case in the US now as when I went to my local GP to get a tetanus booster for the visa they said that I only needed 5 shoots (3 months, 2 at 4 years, 5 years and 10 years old) in my lifetime. Aparently this should give full immunization throughout life. Maybe if you go to the hospital with a nasty cut they would give a booster but you don't have to follow them up every 10 years now - hooray since I'd forgotten to get mine at 20 :) But, I'm all covered for the next 10 years now so I don't mind having the booster. In fact in the UK you can only get it as a TDap now (for an adult anyway), weird.

As others have said, don't do the AOS without the I-693.

Most of her original immunizations should satisfy the completion of that,

but you are at the mercy of the "civil surgeon" because the USCIS

clearly states that everything is at their "discretion." To have him

sign the I-693, she escaped with just a TB test and $120 fee,

which is on the cheap side in the NYC area.

She got 2 of the follow-up vaccinations at the CVS "Minute Clinic"

Be forewarned to search for one near you, because not all CVS outlets have them.

A nurse-practitioner administered the shots.

Cost: $50 for the two and insurance paid all but $15 (co-pay billed later).

Best of luck.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hopp-

My wife went thru SLMEC last Oct. We did not send I693 with her AOS paperwork. Medical was within last year. The DS3025 they are supposed to have in the paperwork you hand in at POE. Apparently some others have had problems with that getting lost. These things happen. I was not going to lay out any money for medicaL stuff/shots unless they asked for it.

Her AOS was approved today. No RFE's on anything.

Just wanted to share with others what we did. Use your own judgement and Good Luck.

c.b.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Interstingly, this seems to only be the case in the US now as when I went to my local GP to get a tetanus booster for the visa they said that I only needed 5 shoots (3 months, 2 at 4 years, 5 years and 10 years old) in my lifetime. Aparently this should give full immunization throughout life. Maybe if you go to the hospital with a nasty cut they would give a booster but you don't have to follow them up every 10 years now - hooray since I'd forgotten to get mine at 20 :) But, I'm all covered for the next 10 years now so I don't mind having the booster. In fact in the UK you can only get it as a TDap now (for an adult anyway), weird.

WHO recommendation is the same as the US recommendation for every 10 years.

http://www.who.int/immunization/topics/tet.../en/index3.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.