10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

As some of you know my fiance had his visa interview a couple of weeks ago and it did not turn out well.

The interviewing officer said we dont have a real relationship.. blabla and handed him a piece of paper where 212 a5a is checked off.

My lawyer has been in contact with the consulate and at one point last week our case got sent again to the interviewing officer but he pushed it right back. He wants it returned to the US and revoked.

I am very upset over this because of all this what he is trying to do is so not true. We do have a very valid relationship and he did not even want to look at all our evidence.

On Friday the Senator emailed.. and we also tried to fax a letter to the consul but the fax was busy all day so we mailed it. It should get there today.

My questions are: How soon do they usually return petitions when they want them revoked ?

What actually happens when it does get sent back here (hopefully not ) will we have a chance to sent in evidence ? How long does all this take.. whats the processing time, weeks, months, years ?

Thanks so much.

Greencard Holder since 1991

August 2006: Approved for Dual Citizenship from the German Consulate

I am officially now a Dual Citizen :)))

07.06.09 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center for Mr Brazil

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

02.23.10 Visa Interview - Rio de Janeiro-Visa denied

03.11.10 case cent back to VSC

Second Round:

04.19.10 Sent new petition to Vermont Service Center

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

10.XX.10: Decide to split with my fiance and set in a withdraw letter to VSC

10.25.10: NOA2 - to my surprise but it does not matter anymore

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Timeline

could someone move this to the 212 forum. I posted this in the wrong section.

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi!

Try to reach out Rodrigo and Janie, they had issues at Embassy and he did not got his Visa (we were there together) but after a couple months he got it. Ask him for advice as the situation looks like the same!

Here is their profile: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=75578

Good luck!!

Beinha

As some of you know my fiance had his visa interview a couple of weeks ago and it did not turn out well.

The interviewing officer said we dont have a real relationship.. blabla and handed him a piece of paper where 212 a5a is checked off.

My lawyer has been in contact with the consulate and at one point last week our case got sent again to the interviewing officer but he pushed it right back. He wants it returned to the US and revoked.

I am very upset over this because of all this what he is trying to do is so not true. We do have a very valid relationship and he did not even want to look at all our evidence.

On Friday the Senator emailed.. and we also tried to fax a letter to the consul but the fax was busy all day so we mailed it. It should get there today.

My questions are: How soon do they usually return petitions when they want them revoked ?

What actually happens when it does get sent back here (hopefully not ) will we have a chance to sent in evidence ? How long does all this take.. whats the processing time, weeks, months, years ?

Thanks so much.

My life is perfect now, I'm here with my love and everything is great! I feel blessed, thank you God for all your plans, they are way better than I could have ever asked for.

Timeline

Hi Beinha.

I have already been in contact with Rodrigo and he has been very helpful.

Our case seems to be very smilar and he had the same officer interviewing him.

The case has finally been forwarded to the officer again but " I think" he pushed it right back and requested it to be returned.

I have my lawyer working on it and I also called the Senator several times.

They also should get my fedex package this morning with a letter in it from my lawyer. We tried to fax it but the fax was busy ALL day last week.

I am just looking ahead, and trying to figure out whats going to happen.

:crying:

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

Timeline

anyyoneee ????

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

Filed: Timeline

It sounds like it will go back to the USCIS like mine and you send the rebuttal in to get the USCIS to hopefully reaffirm the case. I would start getting affidavits from friends and family, phone bills, everything together for the lawyer in case this happens. Is your lawyer not telling you this stuff? Anja you may need a new lawyer girl!

Timeline

I have the best lawyer who I can find... and she is on top of it :)

The evidence is all set. So as soon as they want it... I can present it.

As of now, I dont know where the petition is. I hope its not on the way back here as they expire in 4 months.. which is next month.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate it.

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

Timeline

The petition is on the way back.

What are my next steps ?

Refile ? appeal ?

Help :crying:

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can either refile or wait for an appeal. Beware that it may be months before the petition gets back especially if the CO is upset with you. When my first petition was being returned they embassy was saying for months that it had been sent back when in fact it was still there. By holding it and not reaffirming it the K1 expires. That is how CSC sees it. We refiled with a heavily front loaded the petition. CDC has historically called the returned petition expired. VCS his varied on their behavior.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Well, they emailed me yesterday and it sounded to me that it was on the way. Should I emailed them and find out if they sent it ?

NVC is the first stop. Right ?

You can either refile or wait for an appeal. Beware that it may be months before the petition gets back especially if the CO is upset with you. When my first petition was being returned they embassy was saying for months that it had been sent back when in fact it was still there. By holding it and not reaffirming it the K1 expires. That is how CSC sees it. We refiled with a heavily front loaded the petition. CDC has historically called the returned petition expired. VCS his varied on their behavior.

I am also concerned about refiling I NEED to make sure that the this petition is closed for sure right ?

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.