robertwdalton

Results of our interview for our re-affirmed K1 Visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We arrive at Consulate at 7:30 AM for 9 AM appointment (March 4th)

After waiting till 12 PM my fiancée still did not have her number called. Told to go have lunch and come back at 1 PM

Arrive back at 1 PM wait till 4:40 PM and finally her number is called.

Goes to window and can see blue sheet all ready prepared. This takes her back for a second but she gathers her strength and does not let on that she knows we are not going to get a pink slip

Consulate Officer (same one from first interview one year earlier) says hello and asks first question:

Do you have any evidence to support that you relationship is true.

My fiancée replies that she has many emails, many hand written letters and cards, phone bills, Skype Call logs, a notarized timeline and lots of pictures from each trip and of course our engagement ceremony. I also have my fiancée’s passport which shows the trips he has made to Vietnam. He is waiting for me right now outside. Would you like to see his passport?

He only wants to see the photographs. He is very adamant in refusing to look at any other evidence. Through my fiancée tried in vain to offer it.

He looks through the photographs very slowly and asks 2nd question:

Can you tell me where your husband was born?

My fiancée answers yes he was born in New Jersey in a city called Jersey City

Still looking at the pictures he now says OK we will begin the interview now. My fiancée thinks this statement is strange but does not say anything.

The third question is asked and it is:

Can you tell me how you fiancée knows your sister Van in America.

We were asked this question at our first interview and provided the same answer. They know each other from their job. In our first interview you asked us to provided proof of Van’s address I have that information would you like to see it again? He replies that he does not need to see this information.

He is still looking at our pictures which are labeled with the date and the names of everyone in the photograph. We have pictures from time spent in Saigon, Hue, Hoi An, Da Nang. We have pictures of all the places we visited amusement parks, restaurants relatives houses and of course we have many pictures of everyone who attended our engagement ceremony two years ago.

He finally stops looking through the photograph and turns to his computer screen. He now asks the fourth question:

How were you introduced to you fiancée?

We also had this question in our first interview. In fact one of the reasons cited for our denial of our visa was that my fiancée did not provide a detailed explanation of how we were introduced. She merely stated that we were introduced through her sister Van.

This time she explained in detail how the introduction occurred and how I wrote to her asking if she would like to communicate with each other. She gave the dates of our first email correspondence and first phone calls. This took about a minute and half or two minutes to explain. The whole time the Consulate Officer was looking at the computer screen and nodding his head up and down as she spoke. At the end of answering the question the translator said to my fiancée “Your answer is too long. Looks like you studied and memorized you answer. My fiancée just smiled at him and said that in her first interview it was said my answer to this question was to short. Now you are saying it is to long. I want to please everyone. Perhaps the Consular officer can tell me if he wants my answers with or without detail. I will accommodate.

The 5th question was asked:

Can you tell me the month your fiancée told you he loved you

My fiancée replied of course. How can I forget that day? It was January 10th 2007. How much would you like to know I can tell you the time he called and what he and I said if you like.

The Consular office said that that was not necessary.

The final question was do you know your fiancées cell phone number?

My fiancée replied that he does not have a cell phone only a home phone and she provided them the number. At that point the Consular Officer handed her a pencil and paper and told her to write the number down.

After reviewing this it was stated that the interview was over and they handed my fiancée the blue paper which she has seen at the start of the interview.

The blue paper states that our case needs additional processing. No additional documents or information is required. They will contact us when the review is complete.

We do not know what to make of this. I am going back to the Consulate on Tuesday at 4 PM. That is the time they will let me speak to someone about our case.

Anyone who has gone through AP process would like to hear from you

Robert and Mai

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

After waiting till 12 PM my fiancée still did not have her number called. Told to go have lunch and come back at 1 PM

Goes to window and can see blue sheet all ready prepared. This takes her back for a second but she gathers her strength and does not let on that she knows we are not going to get a pink slip

Consulate Officer (same one from first interview one year earlier) says hello and asks first question:

Do you have any evidence to support that you relationship is true.

My fiancée replies that she has many emails, many hand written letters and cards, phone bills, Skype Call logs, a notarized timeline and lots of pictures from each trip and of course our engagement ceremony. I also have my fiancée's passport which shows the trips he has made to Vietnam. He is waiting for me right now outside. Would you like to see his passport?

He only wants to see the photographs. He is very adamant in refusing to look at any other evidence. Through my fiancée tried in vain to offer it.

He looks through the photographs very slowly and asks 2nd question:

Can you tell me where your husband was born?

My fiancée answers yes he was born in New Jersey in a city called Jersey City

Still looking at the pictures he now says OK we will begin the interview now. My fiancée thinks this statement is strange but does not say anything.

The third question is asked and it is:

Can you tell me how you fiancée knows your sister Van in America.

We were asked this question at our first interview and provided the same answer. They know each other from their job. In our first interview you asked us to provided proof of Van's address I have that information would you like to see it again? He replies that he does not need to see this information.

He is still looking at our pictures which are labeled with the date and the names of everyone in the photograph. We have pictures from time spent in Saigon, Hue, Hoi An, Da Nang. We have pictures of all the places we visited amusement parks, restaurants relatives houses and of course we have many pictures of everyone who attended our engagement ceremony two years ago.

He finally stops looking through the photograph and turns to his computer screen. He now asks the fourth question:

How were you introduced to you fiancée?

We also had this question in our first interview. In fact one of the reasons cited for our denial of our visa was that my fiancée did not provide a detailed explanation of how we were introduced. She merely stated that we were introduced through her sister Van.

This time she explained in detail how the introduction occurred and how I wrote to her asking if she would like to communicate with each other. She gave the dates of our first email correspondence and first phone calls. This took about a minute and half or two minutes to explain. The whole time the Consulate Officer was looking at the computer screen and nodding his head up and down as she spoke. At the end of answering the question the translator said to my fiancée "Your answer is too long. Looks like you studied and memorized you answer. My fiancée just smiled at him and said that in her first interview it was said my answer to this question was to short. Now you are saying it is to long. I want to please everyone. Perhaps the Consular officer can tell me if he wants my answers with or without detail. I will accommodate.

The 5th question was asked:

Can you tell me the month your fiancée told you he loved you

My fiancée replied of course. How can I forget that day? It was January 10th 2007. How much would you like to know I can tell you the time he called and what he and I said if you like.

The Consular office said that that was not necessary.

The final question was do you know your fiancées cell phone number?

My fiancée replied that he does not have a cell phone only a home phone and she provided them the number. At that point the Consular Officer handed her a pencil and paper and told her to write the number down.

After reviewing this it was stated that the interview was over and they handed my fiancée the blue paper which she has seen at the start of the interview.

The blue paper states that our case needs additional processing. No additional documents or information is required. They will contact us when the review is complete.

We do not know what to make of this. I am going back to the Consulate on Tuesday at 4 PM. That is the time they will let me speak to someone about our case.

Anyone who has gone through AP process would like to hear from you

Robert and Mai

Just go in there and talk to them, I would take everything that you had at the interview, get copies of this information and submit it, it sounds as we already know that the decision is made up prior to the interview, but if you take the papers that you have this just adds to your file and the same Co can not simply shovel you under the table as he did last time. Good luck and just have hope. Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Sounds like the interview went fine from what I read but since you are a reaffirmed case they are going to plod along. The blue slip is ready so that he can now go and talk to a superior and get a ok, deny or additional info needed. It seems you have shown patience so far and need to keep being patient. Him saying that it seemed rehearsed may have been a way to see her reaction and whether he could break her down. She seemed to handle it well. I am proud of her.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I agree with luckytxn...your interview seems/sounds like it went fine. I would recommend being patient and waiting for the outcome, of course with the occasional inquiry. Others would/may disagree with this approach, but you've already waited this long so there's no point in ruining your chances by going and making a HUGE scene. GOODLUCK...your chances sounds good though!!

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

It is normal for them to ask, "Can you tell me the month your fiancée told you he loved you?" Frankly, I don't remember when I told my wife I love her.

Hang in there, man.

Edited by Tuanv

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Something should be done about the above trip. That sucks as well as the rest of the interview. Problem is I don't have any answers what can be done.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In many respects sounds like Thuys interview.. trying to rattle her and for some reason it appears that if the SO is very familiar with the petitioner, then it triggers some form of red flag... I guess they are not used to seeing people that are that familiar with each other... They asked Thuy why she knew so much about me and became impolite when she told them that she had to know everything about someone that she would be traveling around the world to spend the rest of her life with... that she felt she knew everything about me that she should...

I suspect that the interviewer did not want to sign off on the case and is sending it to the supervisor to decide... best of luck...

When I asked if I submit additional info did it move our case back in the queue, the CO responded that it had no affect... if there is anything that they did not accept at her interview.. take it to the USC hour and submit it so it is in the file... The CO kept asking me if I wanted to submit additional info... almost as if she was saying... submit info... but when I asked do I need additional info.. that was a quick way to get the canned respone"You don't need to submit anything as you have submitted everything requested, but if you want to submit additional evidence or anything to your fle, you can" I heard that same exact line more than a dozen times in the two days I was there.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
It is normal for them to ask, "Can you tell me the month your fiancée told you he loved you?" Frankly, I don't remember when I told my wife I love her.

Hang in there, man.

I know I couldn't remember but I am positive that my wife can tell them the year, day, time to the second, what I was wearing, smell and probably even the temperature and humidity. Woman are nuts. The best I could do is tell them if she was wearing a bra because I notice things like that.

Timeline
I know I couldn't remember but I am positive that my wife can tell them the year, day, time to the second, what I was wearing, smell and probably even the temperature and humidity. Woman are nuts. The best I could do is tell them if she was wearing a bra because I notice things like that.

:lol::rofl::blink: Typical guy...lol...bra...

...I wouldnt be able to provide the year, day, time for the life of me...well, actually, now that I come to think of it, I do remember...it was when we were on his bike going to meet his friends for the first time at this quan in district 5...we ate goat. :P:D HAHAAA

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was just talking with Thuy about this and she knows time, weather, what we were wearing, more than I could imagine ... oh man! I feel like a slacker.... I only remember where and the day.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

I remember the month :)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.