isitasham

Need Urgent feedback please - Should I be present for the interview with the beneficiary?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiancee has received her interview date end of this month at New Delhi. Ours is a second-time (refiled) K-1 petition. The first K-1 was refused last year (after being in AP for several months) as the CO was not convinced about our relationship. Since then I had visited India and spent several weeks with my fiancee and her family. We have addressed and made up for any deficiencies that may have been there in our first petition -- our refiled I-129F petition was over 3.5 pounds with tons of photos and documents, bills, affidavits etc. etc.

My question is:

Since New Delhi is a high risk (high fraud) consulate, I had emailed the embassy about my willingness to travel to Delhi and be present for the interview along with the beneficiary. Their reply says that due to a large volume of visa applications they receive, they will not be able to meet with any one else other than the beneficiary.

What should I do?

Many have suggested the importance of being there for the interview with your beneficiary especially at New Delhi consulate, but how does it help if they do not let me in or don't talk to me.

Any suggestions please?

My fiancee has received her interview date end of this month at New Delhi. Ours is a second-time (refiled) K-1 petition. The first K-1 was refused last year (after being in AP for several months) as the CO was not convinced about our relationship. Since then I had visited India and spent several weeks with my fiancee and her family. We have addressed and made up for any deficiencies that may have been there in our first petition -- our refiled I-129F petition was over 3.5 pounds with tons of photos and documents, bills, affidavits etc. etc.

My question is:

Since New Delhi is a high risk (high fraud) consulate, I had emailed the embassy about my willingness to travel to Delhi and be present for the interview along with the beneficiary. Their reply says that due to a large volume of visa applications they receive, they will not be able to meet with any one else other than the beneficiary.

What should I do?

Many have suggested the importance of being there for the interview with your beneficiary especially at New Delhi consulate, but how does it help if they do not let me in or don't talk to me.

Any suggestions please?

We went through Ho Chi Minh Vietnam consulate (also suspected of high fraud). I was present but could not go in either, but I gave my finacee my passport and told her to carry it in her hand and keep it visible. During the interview the CO saw it and asked who's it was. She replied "it's my fiance". The CO replied - OH he is here, may I see it. He then took my passport and looked at it and smiled. (It happened to be that this was my 4th visit in 2009). Not sure that it had any bearing on the decision (the pink slip was already visible under the CO's folder). It certainly cannot hurt to be there. Plus it was a great vacation and wonderful to spend the time with her and her family and friends (I was very lucky to have been able to be there for 6 weeks).

The fact that you have addressed the previous deficiencies and visited again goes a long way (even though they are not deficiencies in our eyes, its the CO who has to be satisfied). The more visits the better.

GOOD LUCK - HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR THE BEST!!!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

As PP said, your fiancee can carry in your passport, and you could carry a cell phone and wait across the street, so that they know you are there, and if they do end up wanting to talk to you you can be in the room within minutes. Another visit would also go towards more bonafide evidence, just by being another visit, plus if you go, say, a week before the interview you can take more photos etc to bring to the interview.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

My question is:

What should I do?

Any suggestions please?

I went to my wife's interview in India about 2 weeks back. I was stopped at the gate of the consulate and was not allowed in. They just let in my wife and said I cannot go in with her. That was in Chennai. So basically make sure with the embassy that they will let you in before making any travel plans . They did let me go into the waiting area of the consulate that was on the other end of the building that was a few blocks away. I do understand their point of view since there were a lot of people queued up at the embassy and I can understand them letting only the beneficiary cuz of the high volume of visa applications ( The line my wife had to go through outside also had other visa applicants like H-4, H1, Tourist etc).

9/1/2009: Applied for I-130

9/14/2009: NOA1 for I-130

9/21/2009: NOA1 for I-129F (CSC)

9/25/2009: NOA1 received for I-129F (receipt of mail)

01/08/2010 : Thank you very much Jesus..... NOA 2 129F

01/08/2010 : NOA 2 I-130

01/15/2010 : Embassy gets the approval notice (Awesome..Love K3...so glad we have done K3)

01/20/2010: Embassy schedules interview for K3

02/19/2010: K3 interview over and approved.

[Thank You very much Jesus and our heavenly father.]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Isitasham,

According to your situation, my personal opinion is that you should be present at the time of interview even though they won't allow you to go in with your wife in the interview. Like others said, give your passport to your wife so she can show them that you are here to support her, which also helps with bona fide relationship.

Since you need to get married within 90 days of her arrival, you can go there early and make plans for the wedding and stuff, and she can show that stuff at the time of interview.

I wanted to be there with my wife on the interview day but I wasn't able to due to my work condition. I wish I could go. But you should definately be there with your wife. That just shows the support and care for your wife. It is totally worth. If I were you, I would go. I would say talk to your wife. Get her opinion. See what she has to say. That's just me. :)

:thumbs: Wishing you the bestest of luck with the interview process and everything :thumbs:

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: Sign-in Failed!!
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
December 24, 2009: Medical Done and report recieved the same day.
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 19, 2010: VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
February 07, 2010: POE Chicago --> Very easy, within 45 minutes
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well
March 13, 2010: GC Recieved in mail

January 29, 2015: N-400 Application submitted

Timeline

Ready2Kl and inzango,

Thanks for your input. Its my fiancee and not my wife yet that is having the interview, but I do get the point - it will help in some way I guess even if I am not allowed inside.

Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Ready2Kl and inzango,

Thanks for your input. Its my fiancee and not my wife yet that is having the interview, but I do get the point - it will help in some way I guess even if I am not allowed inside.

Thanks again.

Helllo

I was with my fiance for his interview and the CO asked me all the questions (im the petitioner) and approved our visa.

we also went to Delhi to turn in our packet 3 and my fiance was not allowed into the embassy i again carried his passport in with me.

but the interview was no problem at all! except that my fiance was all prepared and i wasn't..i was not expecting any questions to be asked towards me but all were...ready more in my profile!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Ready2Kl and inzango,

Thanks again.

you will be allowed inside in Delhi, and like AK+TK said, be prepared to answer questions...especially since it's your second time around. I went with my now husband and we were also both questioned which I wasn't expecting either...but if you know the timeline and details of your relationship you should be fine. I firmly believe that it's a huge bonus to be there at the interview...what better relationship proof!

Timeline
Helllo

I was with my fiance for his interview and the CO asked me all the questions (im the petitioner) and approved our visa.

we also went to Delhi to turn in our packet 3 and my fiance was not allowed into the embassy i again carried his passport in with me.

but the interview was no problem at all! except that my fiance was all prepared and i wasn't..i was not expecting any questions to be asked towards me but all were...ready more in my profile!

Hi Ak+Tk,

Thanks!

Can you send me the questions that you were asked at the embassy or point me to the link for where you have it. I couln't find it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Given the problem from last year, I think you should deff go there. It might give the CO a peace of mind just to know that you are around and also to your wife. My prayers are with you guys. Good Luck!!

Third

My question is:

What should I do?

Any suggestions please?

I-129: 4/1/09

NOA1: 4/2/09

NOA2: 8/31/09

LEFT NVC: 9/4/09

Packet 3 SENT: 9/23/09

Packet 4: 10/12/09

Interview: 11/17/09

Filed: Timeline

Daniel and I went for my interview together since we did not want to take any chances and we were right, they tried to force a 221g on us and had to take it back when they found out he was there and their reason for giving me one was rediculous. I asked the Consulate if he will be allowed at the interview, they said exactly the same thing they told you. However, since it is the US Consulate and you are a Citizen, they cannot stop you from entering as long as you show them your passport. They will most probably not allow you at the interview and you will be waiting in the waiting area. Just being there in case any thing goes wrong is a big enough reason to go IMO. If she gets the visa, then taking her family's blessings together before she comes here with you is another biggie. All the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Ready2Kl and inzango,

Thanks again.

oops, sorry. My mistake. :) Have a safe and happy trip and Good luck. :thumbs:

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: Sign-in Failed!!
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
December 24, 2009: Medical Done and report recieved the same day.
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 19, 2010: VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
February 07, 2010: POE Chicago --> Very easy, within 45 minutes
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well
March 13, 2010: GC Recieved in mail

January 29, 2015: N-400 Application submitted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.