rene

USCIS direct to Embassy?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I've heard from a few individuals at USCIS that the petition, if previously approved thru NVC, may go directly back to the respective embassy overseas (post RFE approval) since it was previously processed thru NVC. But... they're so unreliable at USCIS.... I thought I'd ask here - has anybody heard or experienced the same?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I've heard from a few individuals at USCIS that the petition, if previously approved thru NVC, may go directly back to the respective embassy overseas (post RFE approval) since it was previously processed thru NVC. But... they're so unreliable at USCIS.... I thought I'd ask here - has anybody heard or experienced the same?

In my reapproval, it said that it would go back to DoS/NVC...

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

I know - mine too, but it hasn't arrived to NVC yet.... and even someone at USCIS said it could have been a typographical error. IT would be great if it went back directly to the consulate.

Timeline

I know - mine too, but it hasn't arrived to NVC yet.... and even someone at USCIS said it could have been a typographical error. IT would be great if it went back directly to the consulate.

Not so sure it'd be so great. I think NVC is kind of faster and more organized than VSC. I haven't called NVC yet. But will do later this week.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Also, I e-mailed the consulate and they said that the original NVC number would be the same. So, I guess that when we call NVC, we can ask them about our petitions using that number.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Please keep us posted you two, there has been a lot of speculation on this subject and it appears one of you will be one of the first to find out. My senator's office said it would go direct to the consulate, but it is just speculation.

Timeline
Also, I e-mailed the consulate and they said that the original NVC number would be the same. So, I guess that when we call NVC, we can ask them about our petitions using that number.

hey when you got the approval, did you get it in email form to? I only got the hardcopy approval, but online, i still only have the notice confirming they received the RFE.

Timeline

hey when you got the approval, did you get it in email form to? I only got the hardcopy approval, but online, i still only have the notice confirming they received the RFE.

I'd have to ask my fiance whether he's gotten anything in the mail. He hasn't mentioned it, so I'm guessing not yet. We did get the reapproval notice by e-mail.

It says:

"On July 25, 2006, we mailed a notice reaffirming the approval of this case, and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Department of State.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

What does yours say?

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
Please keep us posted you two, there has been a lot of speculation on this subject and it appears one of you will be one of the first to find out. My senator's office said it would go direct to the consulate, but it is just speculation.

WILL DO! - every bit of info helps

Timeline

Sure will! I don't know. I'm more inclined to believe it'll go through NVC, since they say in the message that the petition was being sent to DoS.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I was once told somewhere that all, and I mean all, corespondance with embassies and the US go through the DOS/NVC without exception.

I think this is correct also but at this point anything is possible. :lol:

Edited by Lewis

Timeline

I'd have to ask my fiance whether he's gotten anything in the mail. He hasn't mentioned it, so I'm guessing not yet. We did get the reapproval notice by e-mail.

It says:

"On July 25, 2006, we mailed a notice reaffirming the approval of this case, and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Department of State.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

What does yours say?

online -- nothing changed from 6/12 - that being that the RFE was received and that the processing time would be less than the maximum stated there. And that I would receive a written decision on this matter.

Then, via mail - the approval is dated 6/13 and says, " the above petition is approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the DOS NVC"

Timeline

It says:

What does yours say?

online -- nothing changed from 6/12 - that being that the RFE was received and that the processing time would be less than the maximum stated there. And that I would receive a written decision on this matter.

Then, via mail - the approval is dated 6/13 and says, " the above petition is approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the DOS NVC"

Huh, how weird is it that one says DOS and the other says DOS-NVC?

I guess we should trust what the written notice says though. I mean, it's a document. Like I said, I'm very much enclined to believe that NVC will handle the transfer to the consulate.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

It says:

What does yours say?

I guess we should trust what the written notice says though. I mean, it's a document. Like I said, I'm very much enclined to believe that NVC will handle the transfer to the consulate.

i hear you, but if that's the case - it's taken over 2 weeks for them at NVC to receive it from USCIS. Man, this thing has to be watched so closely - unbeleivable

It says:

What does yours say?

i hear you, but if that's the case - it's taken over 2 weeks for them at NVC to receive it from USCIS. Man, this thing has to be watched so closely - unbeleivable

they also told me at NVC that it's possible that USCIS sent it directly to the consulate since NVC did everything they needed to w/ the petition

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.